• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Noob question on FFP reticle at different distance

ReconRanger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Tampa, FL
Hello. I just received a mil/mil falcon 4-14x44 for a late christmas present. It states that the reticle thickness is .06 mrad. How would I determine how much the reticle would take up at different distances? i know my last scope took up .36cm at 100m and would like to know what the falcons reticle will take up.

Re: Noob question on FFP reticle at different distance

Milliradian = 3.6 @ 100 yards. If my math is right, .06 mils at 100 yards is .216"

blklabs is correct, the center of the crosshair will cover about .2" at 100 yards and just over 2" at 1000 yds.

To figure it out for other distances just multiply .216" by the first digit of whatever range you are shooting at.

For example .216 X 3 = .648" of reticle coverage at 300 yards. For in between distances .216 X 6.5 = 1.4" of reticle coverage at 650 yards.

Thanks guys, and sorry about the stupid question. Im so excited to throw away my $100 walmart mil/moa scope.

I'm not sure why people are trying to convert back and forth from american units here.
1mrad = 10cm @ 100m
.06mrad*10cm = 6mm @ 100m
1.2cm@200
1.8cm@300
etc.

One milliradian is an angle which subtends an arc whose length is 1/1000th of the distance from the vertex, irrespective of what the length is measured in.

At a distance of 1000 parsecs, it's one parsec.
At 1000 yards, it's one yard.

Thanks for the copy+paste Lindy
smile.gif