• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

noob reloading 338 lapua

ELKMAN338

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2014
roosevelt ut
Let the thrashings begin!!!! Noob to reloading and have a few questions a have a t7 press and im using redding type s match die set. My question is about neck size im assuming you measure some once fired brass through your gun to measure neck size in your chamber. I've watched a few videos were they say you should have about 2thousands under your chamber size for best accuracy. Redding told me to use a .365 titanium nitride bushing for the lapua brass if this does not give the right neck size do I just measure the difference and order another bushing or is this not that critical. Then the other ? is redding said don't use lube on there titanium bushing but it feels pretty stiff do you guys still use lube?

Lube won't hurt a thing. Measure your loaded round neck diameter. If it is .368 and you want 3 thousandths tension, use a.365 bushing. I usually have bushings one thousandths on either side of my intended neck tension.
If you have a factory chambered rifle, .002 clearance is highly unlikely as factory chambers are cut closer to maximum specs.

OK got it thx for the info. I just received my pacnor barrel but still waiting on my vortex scope I might just throw my nightforce that's on my creed so I can start doing some load data. I have a dillion 550 for my hangun but I bought the t7 to slow me down and get some better loads for rifle. thx again

Congrats on the T7 graet press I have one thats what i load all my match ammo includin the 338 and ditto HQ post heres five shots at 300 yds my 338 likes to go to sleep at about 300 yds I shooting an AR 30 Horus optics and 285 Hornday match

Attachments

• photo (19).JPG
    photo (19).JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 10