• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noobie from up north.

BallisticCanadian

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I'm from Alberta, Canada. I've become very interested in the last year in long range shooting. Just putting together my first dedicated long range setup this summer. So far have started with a Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor topped with a Vortex PST gen II. Looking forward delving deeper into things and learning from everyone here, and maybe finding some people to help me spend my money on wonderful new gear.

Have you connected with the guys from the Southern Alberta Precision Rifle league? They've come down and shot matches here in our neck of the woods (Pacific NW). Good group of guys.

Have you connected with the guys from the Southern Alberta Precision Rifle league? They've come down and shot matches here in our neck of the woods (Pacific NW). Good group of guys.

No. First I've heard of them. But I will definitely check them out. Thanks.

Welcome!

There's a few Canadians on here (including myself).

I also recommend the advice to get with they SAPRL guys - RyanM on here runs those matches. You also have a great gunsmith in your province - Insite Arms. They have built me some absolute hammers.

Lots of good experience on here, much more so than CGN - I'm sure you are on CGN as well, beware of the advice you get there, it's the blind leading the blind. Snipers Hide is a much better precision rifle resource.

Reactions: BallisticCanadian
Thanks for the tip. No, I'm not on CGN. Just getting into the scene and Snipers Hide seemed more focused on what my interests in shooting revolve around.

Reactions: kthomas