• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Nor Cal shooters?

Thediscgolfkid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Benicia, CA
Hey all, my company has me working in CA. There's only a 100 yard range locally... No clue where to get out and try some real long range stuff other than Sacramento valley, but that's 2 hours away. Any of you folks up here in the bay area?

Re: Nor Cal shooters?

Ask over at Calguns.net, several in the bay area in the 200 range.

Working on a spot that the guys I shoot with. We have current spot for 1760.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Working on a spot that the guys I shoot with. We have current spot for 1760. </div></div>

Is it BLM land?

I know there's a place in Sac (never been) that has a range that goes out to 1000yds. I believe it's a private range but I want to say that it's open to the public the first saturday of the month? I could be wrong.. I'll see if I can find the website again..

The 1k range is Sac is reserved for a few clubs only. The only way to get on the 1k is you have to ask the club that is using it that day if you can join in. They do have a 600 that range club members can use once you prove you are capable. In other words you have to take a test to use the 600.

That is what I read on their site about 2 months ago.

Here is a link to their site.

www.sacvalley.org

Sac valley has a 300 yard range that anybody could use. A test is also required to use it also but its so easy. All you have to do is show that you can shoot groups at 100 yards. My son and I shot 3 rounds return the Target to the range lady and she gave us our 300 yard card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1USD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.ncpprc.com

Found it! </div></div>

Gentlemen:
We have MONTHLY long range and BI-MONTHLY steel shoots at NCPPRC. Practice shoots for the LR matches are the Saturday before the match. Both LR matches and practices are open to the public and we welcome new shooters. Additionally, there are F-class shoots that welcome FTR shooters thru Sac Valley. A Sac Valley membership is required to shoot the steel range, but is open to the public once a member.
Membership info:
http://www.sacvalley.org/membership.html
NCPPRC forum info:
http://www.ncpprc.com/long_range_match.html

Visit our forum site and come out and shoot w/ us!

"It's not what you shoot....it's WHO you shoot with."

Having lived in SoCal and NorCal, SF is definitely NorCal. I'd say pretty much anything north of San Luis Obispo is NorCal.

Metcalf is in San Jose and has a 200yd line for club shoots. Check out the San Jose Zouaves.

Richmond Rod & Gun has a 200yd line for members, out to 100 for public.

Chabot has 200yd shooting too.

Depending on where you are, Sac Valley actually isn't too bad it's closer than downtown Sac, and it's the closest place I know of to shoot past 200. If you're shooting a gas gun, know you can't shoot an NCPPRC steel match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Working on a spot that the guys I shoot with. We have current spot for 1760.</div></div>

Now that would be awesome.