• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nordic Components NC22 Dedicated Upper Receiver

Re: Nordic Components NC22 Dedicated Upper Receiver

Here is my Nordic Upper straight from a range trip this afternoon.
Put about 350 rds through it today, no problems at all. Took it out of the box shot some gun oil on the action and let 'er rip.
Her she is -
laugh.gif

16" NC upper with midlength guard. Trijicon Reflex II on top. Zeroed for 50yds
IMAG0085.jpg

50 yd group - slow fire 10 shots (off my PRS tripod)
IMAG0088.jpg

25yd groups - rapid fire 25 shots each (off PRS tripod)
IMAG0086.jpg
IMAG0087.jpg

All targets shot using Federal bulk pack .22lr ammo. Upper did not like Remington bulk pack. I will try CCI next range trip.

AlabamaShooter--drop a scope on there and show us how it will shoot in precision mode---good groups for rapid fire--waiting to see next post w diff ammo--glad to hear someone is finally making a 22 dedicated upper that runs!!

Thats not too bad. Thanks for taking the time to post some range reports. Mine should arrive any day. I will post some range reports as well. Good shootin

My Nordic Components .22 arrived today. Did some target shooting to break her in. All groups were at 30 yards some are poor and some are not to bad. Depends on the ammo.
IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

Nice range report. I ordered the same configuration, 16" with rifle length hand guard. I plan to use irons and will post some pictures when I get it to the range.

Did it cycle all of the ammo well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice range report. I ordered the same configuration, 16" with rifle length hand guard. I plan to use irons and will post some pictures when I get it to the range.

Did it cycle all of the ammo well? </div></div>

Mine did not like wolf and another lite target load forget the name, but did do well with SK and most other high velocity loads. I had a few problems with it not resetting the trigger if that makes sense. Its a daniel Defense lower with the noched hammer. For the most part I thought it cycled great.

Thanks Milspecker.

Where are you guys getting the steel lip black dog mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrMilspecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice range report. I ordered the same configuration, 16" with rifle length hand guard. I plan to use irons and will post some pictures when I get it to the range.

Did it cycle all of the ammo well? </div></div>

Mine did not like wolf and another lite target load forget the name, but did do well with SK and most other high velocity loads. I had a few problems with it not resetting the trigger if that makes sense. Its a daniel Defense lower with the noched hammer. For the most part I thought it cycled great. </div></div>

Sounds like your hammer isn't cocking.

I believe what you're referring to is: the gun fires, extracts the round, strips off a new round, chambers new round and you pull the trigger and it feels like the safety is on....no bang??? It's the hammer spring is a tad stiff for the bolt to cock. The bolt goes back far enough to strip the roundoff the mag but not far enough to cock the hammer. A modified hammer spring or a REDUCED JP spring will take care of that.

Keith

Thanks for the info on the trigger Keith. The DDM4 is still pretty new If it keeps acting up I'll try the JP spring.

I got in a few bonus kills while target shooting today. With my new NC22.
IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

WOW, nice pics!

If you need more info on the spring let me know.

I'd run several hundred rds through it first, though. Also, make sure you run it well lubed.

Keith

Did some shooting from 50 yards today.
IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

Rob-Nice price on your setup! Sucks it has to go..but you can always get another!

Just got a new RimfireTechnologies RBC on mine today...can't decide on it or the fake can for standard range use.

RT-RBC-750-4.jpg

Here's some of my groups. I had some fliers...and I was shooting a standard DPMS LPK trigger for these. I was looking more for consistency rather than bug size groups (as shown by 10 round groups). I had some fliers, as noted. I think it has something to do with the feeding of the rounds, like others have noted. I believe Nordic has done some slight modding on some of these first models that have had some of the fliers issues? I might give em a call and see what they say about it and see if I can send it in when the KS weather isn't cooperating well to shoot anymore.

NC22-18inch upper-3.jpg

Two questions for those with their uppers already..

1. Do all the Black Dog magazines work with this upper? I'd like to get some 15rd mags (it's a NJ thing)

2. Did anyone try accuracy with Federal Automatch ammo?

I ordered an upper today.. the 18" .750" SST Barrel variant

Thanks,
RJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(it's a NJ thing)</div></div>
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure these are the mags that work with these uppers: BDM

The "<span style="font-style: italic">AR15.22 Conversion - 15 RND (Short Profile) Full Body Magazin</span>e"

can anyone confirm... I'd like to order 5 so I want to be sure it's the correct version...

RJ

yes. i believe any of the ceiner conversion mags by blackdog work. i have the 10rnd, a 15 (like the above link) and a couple 26rnds.

overall i like my upper, i've shot a couple types of ammo and so far have gotten avg groups of .6'' at 25yds and 1'' groups at 50. i have a SWFA SS 3-9 mounted on it to replicate my 223 upper but im thinking about changing it. that scope is horrible for shooting under 100 yrds at any power over about 4x. no ability to get the reticle and target to be focused together. probably great for shooting the 22 at 150-200 though.

my only issue with the upper is my 22 can wont screw on all the way because the way the barrel is threaded it has a rounded shoulder at the base of the threads. it keeps the can about 1/32th off from contacting the barrel. i talked to nordic and they said it was the barrel manufacturer who threads the barrels and that i should take a file to the shoulder to make it a 90 degree shoulder. did it and the can screws on fully now. haven't had a chance to shoot it suppressed yet though. maybe tomorrow.

neat little upper. mine hates Win Xpert (will chamber a round but won't recock the hammer)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two questions for those with their uppers already..

1. Do all the Black Dog magazines work with this upper? I'd like to get some 15rd mags (it's a NJ thing)

2. Did anyone try accuracy with Federal Automatch ammo?

I ordered an upper today.. the 18" .750" SST Barrel variant

Thanks,
RJ </div></div>
Yes they take the BlackDog magazines. It will come w/ a 10 round mag. Great for the bags.

.(Did anyone try accuracy with Federal Automatch ammo?)
Havent tried it but do have some . I'll check back
Enjoy your new upper. Lots of fun and saves money.

ive shot w/fed automatch. got avg 5 shot groups of .7'' at 25 and one group of .56'' at 50. Most of my 50yd groups w.Fed automatch were over an inch though.

CCI standards were better for me. Nordic says CCI Blazer has been printing the best for them. Personally I want to find something thats a bit closer to subsonic than the blazer

My upper & extra mags came in this week I immediately swapped out the forearm
11202010036.jpg

Super low cost 2-7 x 30mm scope will be a winner if it holds up to abuse.. BDC reticle too!

I should be able to get out and give her a run tomorrow sometime..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My upper & extra mags came in this week I immediately swapped out the forearm
</div></div>

Was the swap just like on a regular 223 AR? I would like to throw a LaRue forearm on one to match my other rifles if it will fit????

Thanks
Pat

Looking good!!

Mine is running great!!!

You should be able to unscrew the tube and replace with another.

I like their tubes not to mention they make JP's tubes for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My upper & extra mags came in this week I immediately swapped out the forearm
11202010036.jpg

Super low cost 2-7 x 30mm scope will be a winner if it holds up to abuse.. BDC reticle too!

I should be able to get out and give her a run tomorrow sometime..
</div></div>
Looks really nice, like the A2 stock. Mine likes CCI Blazers. Let us know how it shoots.

Had a BLAST yesterday with the .22 upper.

I've never really been a semi-auto guy but this gun is fun!

I screwed up though.. I only took a couple of hundred rounds down to my local shooting spot.. I'll go better prepared next time..

6 mags is NOT enough.. I may have to drop for another six..

Upper functioned OK, I actually had a few stoppages with a couple of cases stuck between bolt and breach face.. greatest problem was getting a finger in to release one of the jammed cases. I was using Federal Automatch (because I have a metric boatload of it). Accuracy seemed good but I was playing on steel silhouettes, didn't play the accuracy game at all.. running and gunning was more fun!

RJ

Blackdog makes a 50 round drum magazine. A couple of those will keep you running. Also get their reloader as it helps reloading the 26 round mags. The 50 rounders are a snap to reload.

Pat

After 500 + rounds, I have had one fail to feed, and that was with a new lower, so it could have been a mag not being all the way in. Best accuracy for my gun is with Federal Bulk. It will function Subsonic with no problem. I have the 20 inch with a Knights rail and a bolt on front sight to hold everything together.
5188123139_3b9ca8e4dd_b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richardj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My upper & extra mags came in this week I immediately swapped out the forearm
</div></div>

Was the swap just like on a regular 223 AR? I would like to throw a LaRue forearm on one to match my other rifles if it will fit????

Thanks
Pat</div></div>

They will accept any AR-15 forend. The receiver threads are the same. The only difference is you won't have a gas tube, so make sure you get a forend that has some sort of anti-rotation built in. The LaRue will be rock solid.

I just ordered an upper sans forend, and am going to put a Troy TRX 11" on it. For the price of Nordic's tube + rails, it comes out almost the same. The Troy comes with a full-length top rail, and 3 accessories rails.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtGoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blackdog makes a 50 round drum magazine. A couple of those will keep you running. Also get their reloader as it helps reloading the 26 round mags. The 50 rounders are a snap to reload.

Pat </div></div>

yeah sure.. in NJ I believe that would be a $7,500 fine and 18months where I wouldn't have to worry about a job ... or where to sleep.. (i.e Jail time)

Nice thought though... 15rd max in NJ.

RJ

Has anyone tried one of these uppers with a 2 stage Jewell trigger?

Not a Jewell but mine has been great with a 2 stage NM Rock River trigger.