• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noreen .50 cal....any expereince?

Target07

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
I came across a Noreen .50 cal online the other day. So, I did a quick search and found their website. Does anybody have any expereince w/ these or has anybody fired one? They look similar to the EDM Windrunner and they are priced very reasonably starting at $1649. I was thinking about getting into a .50 and this wouldn't eat up my wallet book. Their website is below.

Noreen .50

Re: Noreen .50 cal....any expereince?

I have a .416 made by Noreen. They are solidly made, Lilja barrel, timney trigger. I'm still playing with it to see what kind of accuracy I can get at longer ranges but out to 575 I've gotten 1/2 MOA. For the price you can't beat it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aroth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a .416 made by Noreen. They are solidly made, Lilja barrel, timney trigger. I'm still playing with it to see what kind of accuracy I can get at longer ranges but out to 575 I've gotten 1/2 MOA. For the price you can't beat it.</div></div>

How have you found the recoil system to be? Do you like it or is it a pain to get used to? I have seen a few videos and it looks like the stock actually moves, when fired, and absorbs some of the shock. The only thing I keep thinking of is "Scope Eye".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't believe they have positive extraction... so you might as well tie a rubber hammer and wooden dowel to the gun.</div></div>

Excuse my ignorance but could you explain to me what exactly positive extraction is? Thanks.

It is a "positive" extraction... meaning that there is a mechanism to use mechanical advantage, such as a cam of some sort, to break the case from the chamber wall and pull it back ever so slightly... so the brass can be pulled out with zero effort.

Without this, on a 50BMG, you will need a rubber hammer and/or a wooden dowel to ram down the barrel to eject the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a "positive" extraction... meaning that there is a mechanism to use mechanical advantage, such as a cam of some sort, to break the case from the chamber wall and pull it back ever so slightly... so the brass can be pulled out with zero effort.

Without this, on a 50BMG, you will need a rubber hammer and/or a wooden dowel to ram down the barrel to eject the case.</div></div>

So, it does have positive extraction? In your previous post you had stated that it did not. Just trying to get some clarification. Thanks for your pateince.

Thats a negative on the positive extraction, all you need is a small rubber mallet.

The stock is a sort of recoil reducing via springs on the buttstock. The rifle actually has less felt recoil than my 308. You feel the muzzle blast but virtually nothing on your shoulder. I don't think it moves enough to give you a scope bump, at least thats never been an issue. Its nothing to get used to, the muzzle blast however, if you don't lay out a shooting mat it'll slap you in the face with dirt/small rocks.

All in all I really enjoy shooting it, its an affordable option, to get into an accurate long range system. The only complaint i have is the ammo is only available through Barrett, which means when there are runs on ammo there is only the one source. But with a .50 that shouldn't be an issue.

Any further thoughts or experiences w/ the Noreen .50 BMG. Still trying to make a decision on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any further thoughts or experiences w/ the Noreen .50 BMG. Still trying to make a decision on this. </div></div>

I saw one last year but ended up getting a BOHICA 50 BMG insted. Ive been really happy with that choice...
smile.gif