• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

norinco m14 clone

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
does anyone have one of these and where can i get one been looking at a m14 but just cant seem to hand over the money for one then i found one of these for around 7ish they look good read some reviews on them nothing really bad about them so if anyone has one i would love to hear how the gun shoots and functions

Re: norinco m14 clone

my brother has a 1911 from them and it does pretty good.

I had 1 years ago.It shot ok but i had a friend mill the rails for a US made bolt.I think the weak link is the bolt if i remember right.I eventually put a Barnett barrel on it and shot the highest high power score i ever shot.All the other shooters were making fun of my ChineseAmerican M14.That is until we counted the scores.I was in the same boat at the time no money but plenty of want.The m14 / M1A rifle is my fav. of all time.I carried one in Iraq in 05.All the younger guys made fun of it but i didnt care.Good luck on your decision.By the way i killed my first deer with that gun.

I have one but it's been pretty heavily modified. If you want a forged receiver just like the original M14 had, this is your only choice other than buying an LRB for a lot more.

Some had issues with headspace. The barrel they come with is supposedly alright for what it is. I had another a long time ago that I shot in stock configuration and it would only do 2 moa with match ammo. The most minimal thing I'd do with it is get a GI bolt fitted to it properly and get a trigger job.

If you keep it greased and lubed they seem to run fine.

I had one in the '90's. I remember it having the usual Chinese machinery feel to it, rough. It shot okay and it functioned fine. I got it for $600 something.

After I sold it, I read something about how they were desirable due to the fact the receiver is forged. Some folks bought them just for that and then swapped out the rest with GI parts kits. At one point, the receiver alone was going for nearly $600.

As to whether or not they are all good or just a certain lot, I don't know. I do know that $6-700 is not a bad price for what you get in that rifle. A damn sight better than much of the new stuff out there today.

I can't recall how well it grouped or anything, I never really used it all that much before I sold it.

From experience, anything Norinco is usual Chinese machinery, not all that nice, but they do work. I can't really recall one, AK, SKS, bunch of others, that had problems functioning. All rough and ugly, but tough and functional.

I have one (Polytech) but Im ashamed to say I havent fired it enough to give an honest opinion on it. It functions fine with no headspace issues and like the man said it is a forged receiver like the original-which puts it ahead of the cast Springfield imho.I have a good scope mount on it (swan) but no scope. Ive been wanting to see how it would group at distance so may slip some glass on it and give it a whirl at 500yd. Ill post up results here when I do. PS I was able to locate one of the early woodland camo synthetic stocks that the earlier Springfields came with and thats what mine is sitting in now. Got the original chu wood stock also.

I had a Polytech one as well, and sold it as well (divorce bills, yea...). It shot okay, but wasn't as well finished as the Springfield ones. Only issue I ever heard on them, was that there had been a bad lot received in the States that had bolts/receivers that were too soft, creating excessive headspace issues.

It remains one of only two rifles I have ever sold in my life...did I mention divorce bills?

I have two Polytechs and a Norinco. The Norinco and one of the Polytechs have a USGI bolt installed. Great guns. Besides the bolt, you might want to put in a USGI rear sight. The one from the factory is hit or miss.

I have a polytech that I had Fulton Armory build up with a troy stock, the Receiver was about the only thing that was Chinese and forged back before LRB was making theirs. It shoots well, but I did not like it as a long range because of the weight and the inadequate scope mounts while in a regular stock. I still have it but it's an Iron sights only gun in a McCann Carbon fiber stock.