• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma golden target match?

Should I buy this Norma 6mm CM stuff or Hornady Black?

I don't think neck size should be an issue. I'll be running this ammo through an AI AT-X with the stock barrel.

I do not have a way to re-seat the ammo like theHerder mentioned though.

I don't think neck size should be an issue. I'll be running this ammo through an AI AT-X with the stock barrel.

If you're looking for cheap factory stuff, I've bought both the norma 107 and hornady 105 recently but found this sig 107 SMK stuff @ $1.36 to shoot better than both. There was sierra 107 factory ammo discounted to 1.20-1.25 recently as well that I think would be worth a try over the norma stuff if it pops back up again.

Reactions: Woodland_Wolf_M81

Out of the box I’ve found the Hornady black to shoot better than the Norma (before re-seating). And the Hornady match 108’s have been consistent for me out to 1400yd as well. Seating depth on the Match were all +\- .002” in a 20rnd box and Black was around +\- .004”.
I have not tried the Sig ammo windgypsy mentioned.

I sent pics, COAL measurement and lot number of this 2.600" junk to Norma on Dec 8, no response yet. Maybe customer service and quality control are the same person. UPDATE: Norma customer service just responded, she has reached out to quality control. I won't buy Norma again. Haven't decided if I'll shoot it as-is. Guessing pressure could be awfully high with bullet seated so deep. Does anyone know who makes the 107gr bullet in the Norma ammo? I don't know if they are Sierra factory seconds or another brand. In the pics, factory pointed 107gr SMK on the right. Tip quality certainly looks better. I'm not going to pull a bullet in Norma ammo to measure and weigh.

Attachments

• 20231214_114348.jpg
    20231214_114348.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20231214_114705.jpg
    20231214_114705.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I sent pics, COAL measurement and lot number of this 2.600" junk to Norma on Dec 8, no response yet. Maybe customer service and quality control are the same person. UPDATE: Norma customer service just responded, she has reached out to quality control. I won't buy Norma again. Haven't decided if I'll shoot it as-is. Guessing pressure could be awfully high with bullet seated so deep. Does anyone know who makes the 107gr bullet in the Norma ammo? I don't know if they are Sierra factory seconds or another brand. In the pics, factory pointed 107gr SMK on the right. Tip quality certainly looks better. I'm not going to pull a bullet in Norma ammo to measure and weigh.

The Golden target is Norma's HPBT match bullet. I don't believe they are made by others.

The Golden target is Norma's HPBT match bullet. I don't believe they are made by others.
Okay, thanks. I must have missed that in my search. I didn't find Norma 6CM brass for sale, either, so didn't know if this would have Norma headstamp when I ordered. I want to like this ammo. Hoping Norma will replace it so I can try it. I reload and have factory chamber, so 0.275" neck is a good thing, imo.

If you're looking for cheap factory stuff, I've bought both the norma 107 and hornady 105 recently but found this sig 107 SMK stuff @ $1.36 to shoot better than both. There was sierra 107 factory ammo discounted to 1.20-1.25 recently as well that I think would be worth a try over the norma stuff if it pops back up again.

Thanks for the tip on the Sig! Probably better to pay a little more for the Sig than $1.20 for the Norma.

But also not in a rush, so I can wait to see what MBIA hears from Norma customer support.

Okay, thanks. I must have missed that in my search. I didn't find Norma 6CM brass for sale, either, so didn't know if this would have Norma headstamp when I ordered. I want to like this ammo. Hoping Norma will replace it so I can try it. I reload and have factory chamber, so 0.275" neck is a good thing, imo.
SAAMI neck is 0.277, I wouldn't think 0.275 is a good thing. It works but more clearance would certainly be nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: MilSpecOkie
Thanks for the tip on the Sig! Probably better to pay a little more for the Sig than $1.20 for the Norma.

But also not in a rush, so I can wait to see what MBIA hears from Norma customer support.
Norma acknowledged what COAL should be. "Looks as if the typical length of the cartridge should be 2.745-2.750." No mention of this 2.600" stuff I have (I sent pics and lot # to them). I'll update here if I get response from Norma regarding remedy. I opened another box from the case, same COAL. Would be interesting to know if the entire lot is defective.

Last edited:
Norma acknowledged what COAL should be. "Looks as if the typical length of the cartridge should be 2.745-2.750." No mention of this 2.600" stuff I have (I sent pics and lot # to them). I'll update here if I get response from Norma regarding remedy. I opened another box from the case, same COAL. Would be interesting to know if the entire lot is defective.
Norma is sending shipping label to send this case of 200 to them. Offered refund or replacement, if they have some in stock. Finally resolved.

Ordered 4 boxes to try out and they arrived the other day. Checked mine, same batch as yours and same issue. Guess I’ll be shooting them an email.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 46
Ordered 4 boxes to try out and they arrived the other day. Checked mine, same batch as yours and same issue. Guess I’ll be shooting them an email.
Bummer. Sounds like an entire lot is defective. They do have the nicest plastic cartridge holders I've ever seen.

Sure seems like it. You decide to go with replacement or refund?
I'm going to go with refund. I haven't shipped the ammo back yet. Printed and attached FedEx label, just haven't dropped it off yet.

Just wanted to add my experience with the Norma 6mm 107’s.

Shot 80 rounds today on a fresh proof research 26” prefit for the AT-X.

Shot 15 rounds before I turned on the garmin and this is what data I got on the following 25 rounds. Unsure how much this would be affected by the fresh barrel possibly still speeding up, but will test another long string again in the future.

Don’t blame the ammo for the 10 round group, I lost my POA when I shot out the red dot and that is when the Group shifted left. I’m not perfect haha.

Overall I’m pretty happy with the performance for the price. Hope to continue to have good performance with it. 👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9691.jpeg
    IMG_9691.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 43
Wondering if anyone has gotten any of this in 6creed recently and how it performed? I don’t reload and usually shoot hornady. Just seeing what other good options may be out there. This is specifically for prs.
As I"m testing several .308 Win.-Match loads anyway, the Norma Golden Target in the 168 and 175 gr-weightings is coming on "my screen" .. . The classic caliber includes that new round too.. Good.

Let's see in this spring... . "Wait and drink tea".

Reactions: KYyeeter
One of my SPR 308 rifles shoots the norma 175 stuff pretty good at 100 yards. Still have to test out at further ranges but I can't imagine it'll hold good accuracy further out. It being cheap factory ammo, I'm sure the ES is probably shitty.

What about the MV of this Norma in your SPR .308-Rifle, then ? The MV-Info from the producer disappeared namely on their website.. :unsure:

Shoots pretty good at 100 yards means ? :)

Finally got to the range to test the Norma after having to send my boxes back due to improper bullet seating depth (they sent me replacements and and extra box for the inconvenience). Shot really well in my opinion. On par with the best ammo I’ve shot out of the gun - AI ATX 6mm Creedmoor.

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-17 19:54:11.301772.jpg

Hmmm... Bad story... I hope that is not the new quality by Norma... Simply said. IMHO.

Because we hear here different "news" to them.. . I hope their quality stays as I know it.

BR

Attachments

• 7,5 mm Swiss Match 168 grs Norma Moly..jpg
    7,5 mm Swiss Match 168 grs Norma Moly..jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 15