• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

North American Rimfire Postal Matches- A New way to have fun

billybarrou

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2011
USA
North American Rimfire Postal Matches

This is an exploratory email to seek out interest and support for a new organization that will hopefully become home to a successful Smallbore Benchrestshooting discipline.

A new twist on an old idea…shooters across the land shooting monthly matches on their own schedules and mailing in (perhaps photo and email) the results. With Factory, Custom and Unlimited classes there will be a comfort zone for every level of experience and sophistication. It will eventually, of course, rely on the competitors’ integrity and honor in complying with class limitations, general rules and regulations.

We are currentlt designing a new 8.5” x 14” target with four sighters and 20 record bulls, easily mailable. The targets will resemble and score like USBR targets, not ARA. We don’t mean to compete with the ARA or any other organization’s matches, but supplant them such that anyone, anywhere can compete on our small stage. This will allow shooters who don’t have access to the very few sanctioned ARA or USBR matches to still compete and have fun, which is the real goal here.

Brief Summaryof prospective guidelines:

22LR only, any gun, triggers, barrels, scopes, stocks, etc

Factory guns, any weight, Custom guns,10.5 lb limit, Unlimited guns, no restrictions, may restrict type and cost of ammo

Shoot targets at 50-yardsduring daylight hours only, scored by another shooter or witness

Only one match target may be submitted per month

Open to all shooters in Canada, Mexico and the USA

Junior (1:cool: and Senior (19+) divisions

Targets at cost with match fees of only $2-3 per month

Please mention this to your smallbore friends and for starters send an email with your name and email contact information to [email protected]. That is a personal email I just set up for this purpose only. Let’s see if we can get several hundred interested parties together for openers. I will post this introduction on several forums soon, and with your help we should be able to reach a substantial population. You also have my word that your information will not be disseminated to anyone for any reason. It is strictly for our internal organizational purposes.

Assuming we can get a few hundred shooters, we can keep the cost down to a few dollars per month and still award prizes such as silver coins and the like. More on that after we see what kind of general interest we can garner in the near term. I’d like to see if we can get this organized and operational by the end of the year, such that we can begin our matches by winter or early spring, as soon as the ‘snowbound’ can get to the range!

Very truly yours,

Bill Buck, proponent and organizer

10 Roma Ct

Palm Coast, FL 32137

[email protected]

828-707-5051

Reactions: Pathman and Rover31
This likely something some of us would do post NRL22 match. Easy to tack it onto the end of the match.

To Rover31, gunsnjeeps and mrbro, do I have your email addresses? I have no idea if you've been contacted with further information or not, so please email me at [email protected] if you haven't already.

Reactions: Rover31
North American Rimfire Postal Matches

This is an exploratory email to seek out interest and support for a new organization that will hopefully become home to a successful Smallbore Benchrestshooting discipline.

A new twist on an old idea…shooters across the land shooting monthly matches on their own schedules and mailing in (perhaps photo and email) the results. With Factory, Custom and Unlimited classes there will be a comfort zone for every level of experience and sophistication. It will eventually, of course, rely on the competitors’ integrity and honor in complying with class limitations, general rules and regulations.

We are currentlt designing a new 8.5” x 14” target with four sighters and 20 record bulls, easily mailable. The targets will resemble and score like USBR targets, not ARA. We don’t mean to compete with the ARA or any other organization’s matches, but supplant them such that anyone, anywhere can compete on our small stage. This will allow shooters who don’t have access to the very few sanctioned ARA or USBR matches to still compete and have fun, which is the real goal here.

Brief Summaryof prospective guidelines:

22LR only, any gun, triggers, barrels, scopes, stocks, etc

Factory guns, any weight, Custom guns,10.5 lb limit, Unlimited guns, no restrictions, may restrict type and cost of ammo

Shoot targets at 50-yardsduring daylight hours only, scored by another shooter or witness

Only one match target may be submitted per month

Open to all shooters in Canada, Mexico and the USA

Junior (1:cool: and Senior (19+) divisions

Targets at cost with match fees of only $2-3 per month

Please mention this to your smallbore friends and for starters send an email with your name and email contact information to [email protected]. That is a personal email I just set up for this purpose only. Let’s see if we can get several hundred interested parties together for openers. I will post this introduction on several forums soon, and with your help we should be able to reach a substantial population. You also have my word that your information will not be disseminated to anyone for any reason. It is strictly for our internal organizational purposes.

Assuming we can get a few hundred shooters, we can keep the cost down to a few dollars per month and still award prizes such as silver coins and the like. More on that after we see what kind of general interest we can garner in the near term. I’d like to see if we can get this organized and operational by the end of the year, such that we can begin our matches by winter or early spring, as soon as the ‘snowbound’ can get to the range!

Very truly yours,

Bill Buck, proponent and organizer

10 Roma Ct

Palm Coast, FL 32137

[email protected]

828-707-5051

I'm interested.
[email protected]

Reactions: Rover31