• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up North Carolina Shooters?

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
I am thinking about joining Central Carolina Gun Club - it's a 45 minutes drive from GSO.

Where does everyone shoot that lives in NC?

S3th,

I am also located in GSO and a member of DPRC and WHRC. Shoot me a PM if you want to check out either club and we can try and align our schedules.

As to CCGC, I am glad to see the club continuing to evolve. I joined when they first opened on promises of a 1000 yard range and kept a membership for their first couple of years. My experiences were less than positive but I do know a few active members that speak highly of the current environment.

Reactions: S3th
Near the High Country...been only shooting on our (Sheriff's Office) range for many years... Now that I'm retiring I want to get back into some bolt gun shooting (we only have 100 yards) but there is a wildlife club a county away and I think there is a 1000 yard range in Wilkes County.

Wow. Having to look for a place to shoot...! This stinks!

And don't EVEN get me started on having to pay for ammo now ! ! ! :p OMG ! ! ! The HORROR ! ! ! ;)

I love my birth state (NC) but it's looooong like TN and FL... I'm 4 hours from Frontline. :confused:

I shoot at frontline fairly often too.. great owner and great environment. Most everybody out there is great to shoot with.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9 and S3th
I'm new to NC, live in Oriental, NC.
I shot at Woody's Guardian Match, plan on going to Frontline as soon as possible.
SureShot in Havelock goes out to 500 & is a good range.
Anybody want to make a road trip, get with me.

Hi everyone,

I live near to Fort Bragg looking forward to meet people with the same interests. Sounds incredible but is hard find long range buddies around... I'm 37 PSR member and sometimes I shoot in Recondo Operation Group they have 800 yds range.

I tried to sign up for the Dec 1 match, but I think it's full.
Anyone that can help me with getting in, I'd appreciate it.

I thought about calling him. I've spoke to him on the phone a couple times & shot with him at Woody's at the Guardian,
You are right, he's a great guy!!!

Reactions: kabarNC
We have access to CGG which is 400yds, Riverside which is 500yds and occasionally we can get on at Butner for a 1000yd shoot. I'll be at Butner for a full week in April shooting.

CGG vs Riverside?
They both have their goods and bads. CGG has a nicer facility but you also have to work around all of the matchs that they host. Riverside is not as well maintained (grass cutting) but our agency has the keys and permission to use the facility pretty much whenever we need it as long as they aren't using it for an Appleseed Shoot.

Hi everyone,

I live near to Fort Bragg looking forward to meet people with the same interests. Sounds incredible but is hard find long range buddies around... I'm 37 PSR member and sometimes I shoot in Recondo Operation Group they have 800 yds range.

We should link up sometime and hit the range. I’m all about it and never have anyone to go with or bring along. Would love to get out to 37 with you sometime.

Reactions: JA Thacker
I will be Leaving Alabama and moving to Raeford, NC next month. Looking for places to shoot as well. Looking forward to going to Frontline and checking it out.

They both have their goods and bads. CGG has a nicer facility but you also have to work around all of the matchs that they host. Riverside is not as well maintained (grass cutting) but our agency has the keys and permission to use the facility pretty much whenever we need it as long as they aren't using it for an Appleseed Shoot.
Does Riverside host competitions?

Does Riverside host competitions?
I'm not sure what they are doing now besides the AppleSeed shoots. I know they were hosting some events in the past but I haven't seen anything recently.

I'm not sure what they are doing now besides the AppleSeed shoots. I know they were hosting some events in the past but I haven't seen anything recently.
I started to look into them move but they don't claim to have a 500 yard range. Do they have a range map?

That's the overhead view. Top range is 500 yds and bottom is 100
Screenshot_20190104-201351.png

Reactions: KZP and S3th
Woodys, Frontline and Clinton House best suited IMHO for long range in Carolinas

As a note 1 mile range opening this month at Clinton House (RSO supervised for mile)

Woodys, Frontline and Clinton House best suited IMHO for long range in Carolinas

As a note 1 mile range opening this month at Clinton House (RSO supervised for mile)
Frontline is too far away - do you have links to Woodys & Clinton House?

Anyone shot at Flatwoods in Hubert? It's only 200yds but it's only 5 min from my mom's house so it might be a good place to test ammo when im down there visiting.

Anyone shot at Flatwoods in Hubert? It's only 200yds but it's only 5 min from my mom's house so it might be a good place to test ammo when im down there visiting.

Flatwoods was kinda trashy in my experience, it was super crowded and they only go out to 200 in one or two lanes. I go to SureShot in Havelock, out to 500 and pretty decent facility. Have USPSA matches third Sunday of every month at 1pm, only like six shooters the one time I went. I'm looking for something in ENC with steel further than 500, or anything that offers good pistol or 2-gun matches. I think private property is the way to do it around here, all those bigger ranges are too damn far away. Anyone know of good outdoor ranges within a couple hours of Jacksonville?

Reactions: Beachrider99
Hey all! new member, new to precision shooting. I was planning on signing up with Frontline. I have family in Raleigh but live in Charlotte. Any members have other ranges they go to in the CLT region?

thank's to all that posted had never heard of any of these places before, nice to know they are out there on the east coast. I live in delaware and its hard to find a range at all that will let you shoot anything over 22 let alone an out door range only know one around me that is 50m under cover , have to travel to maryland to shoot 600 outside not too bad not cheap but the people make it worth it . dover has a 1k yrd range but how to get in if you know no one is the mystery that stumps me so far. pa should have some just have to find them.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Hey all! new member, new to precision shooting. I was planning on signing up with Frontline. I have family in Raleigh but live in Charlotte. Any members have other ranges they go to in the CLT region?

there is hawksridge in wilkes co... they started out as a 1000yrd range, but they have been having some psr matches.. and we have a private range we take a few folks along to from time to time...

I am thinking about joining Central Carolina Gun Club - it's a 45 minutes drive from GSO.

Where does everyone shoot that lives in NC?
Just joined the forum. I'm a member at Piedmont Handgunners Associate. The range is located in Lexington off I-85, exit 84. The range is well maintained, dedicated rimfire out to 100 yards, dedicated shotgun, 50/100 yard rifle range, 8 25 yard pistol bays, 100/200 yard rifle range, and 5 60ish yard "tactical" bays. I like the "tactical" bays because they are first come, first serve. You can set up your targets in any SAFE orientation that doesn't break the 180 of the range. Most of the times I've been out it has been just myself and 2-3 other members spread out around the property.

In grimesland? Where? I use to live in blackjack grimesland road.

We need to get a range for competition here in Eastern NC.

Funny you say that. Hopefully this time next year, we'll have one for that very purpose in the Pactolas area. We already have steel out to 1k, the real work is getting started this year.