• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up North Carolina Shooters?

We are working on a range 5 mins outside of Greenville nc otw to Washington it will be set up with 12 lanes 8 over 900. Right now I have out to 980 a 100 and a 500. The goal is to have a match by the end of the year. And hopefully a two day PRS or NRL next year.

Funny you say that. Hopefully this time next year, we'll have one for that very purpose in the Pactolas area. We already have steel out to 1k, the real work is getting started this year.

I have about 3000$ In steel and a big excavator if you need something. I just don’t have a lowboy

Glad I found this thread, just moved to NC from FL. I'm in Moorseville so Frontline is about 3 hours for me but I'll have to ride over and check it out for sure. I'd like to find somewhere that has some AI's so I can actually put my hands on one before dropping $4k lol.

Jake

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Come to the PRS match next weekend. I'll be there shooting my AI. You can finger pop my rifle if you want.

Reactions: Jakerz
Come to the PRS match next weekend. I'll be there shooting my AI. You can finger pop my rifle if you want.

I'm going out of town next weekend unfortunately but I'll take you up on that for sure! Maybe we can get up and check out the range one weekend in March?

I wanted to make the match at Frontline this weekend but im working

Don't know why it took me this long to find this thread. I live about 30 mins e/se of charlotte and joined a relatively new range in Ellerbe, NC (near Rockingham). It's called coleman's creek training center, sits on 640+ acres, currently has 8 ranges ranging from 100 yds to 1 mile. They have plans to have 40 ranges on the property within 5 years. They just had their first annual sniper comp on Aug 29, 30. Great range and great people. All the instructors for the available classes are either retired or active duty SF shooters. My home away from home.

Joined Coleman’s Creek last week myself. Awesome facility.

Reactions: Daleteam6
Joined Coleman’s Creek last week myself. Awesome facility.
What day did you join? I was working the competitor sign-in table on saturday. I'm planning on heading down there next friday to work on some loads for a couple rifles. May test drive a handgun I just got too. I love that place.

I joined online. I still need to go and sign the releases. We went and took a tour of the place a couple weeks ago and I knew I was going to join.

Colemans creek looks awesome. Been wanting to shoot somewhere for a while now where i can go out past 1k.

If you are wanting to join sooner rather than later might be a good idea as they are capping at 500 members and they were at 300 when I was down there a few weeks ago.

Reactions: black5.3
Just moved back to NE NC, shot a few matched at old BlackH2O last time I was here... need to get back but would love to have some open country range to shoot in, will trade ammo, physical labor, kidney etc

Where is NE, NC specifically lol just trying to gauge distance. I might Have a few places that might work for you.

Reactions: BGE541
Just moved back to NE NC, shot a few matched at old BlackH2O last time I was here... need to get back but would love to have some open country range to shoot in, will trade ammo, physical labor, kidney etc

same here. Near Elizabeth City there seems to be a large area without any public Shooting ranges. Nearest one I know of is Norfolk County Rifle Club in Virginia and they are closed to new members.

I’m in Dunn NC. I go with a friend (he’s a member) as a guest to Woody’s. It’s always been a great experience. I love how it’s not over crowded there. I thought about FL. I’ve heard it’s always busy and I hate to drive all that way and can’t get to the 1k range.

I’m in Dunn NC. I go with a friend (he’s a member) as a guest to Woody’s. It’s always been a great experience. I love how it’s not over crowded there. I thought about FL. I’ve heard it’s always busy and I hate to drive all that way and can’t get to the 1k range.

Look into Coleman’s Creek.

Just looked and about the same time from Dunn as it is for me up near Lillington. About 1:40 but worth the drive.

Moyock, NC

Academi in Moyock doesn’t offer their ranges to the public, but they do have some High Power competitions and training courses you can pay for. Been thinking about taking my AR-15, adding a 4.5x scope and trying high power.

Also, there’s some kind of proposed shooting range about 15 minutes from Moyock. It’s on the NC State website, but no idea why it’s been dormant for several years. We can hope though.

Academi in Moyock doesn’t offer their ranges to the public, but they do have some High Power competitions and training courses you can pay for. Been thinking about taking my AR-15, adding a 4.5x scope and trying high power.

Also, there’s some kind of proposed shooting range about 15 minutes from Moyock. It’s on the NC State website, but no idea why it’s been dormant for several years. We can hope though.

I know Bob the match director at Acadimi for the NCRR shoots but looking for something a little more flexible and less square range-ish but I know I’m being picky... I also rarely have weekends off so timing is an issue. I’ll look into what you posted and let you know what I find. Thank you.

I know Bob the match director at Acadimi for the NCRR shoots but looking for something a little more flexible and less square range-ish but I know I’m being picky... I also rarely have weekends off so timing is an issue. I’ll look into what you posted and let you know what I find. Thank you.

I live in Camden and could walk to Academi if I crossed through about 5 large farms between my house and them.

For those of you in NE NC send me a PM and I'll let you know when I go shooting at our Farm in Perquimins/Pasqoutank County. It's planted now but around Christmas through Feb we shoot out there. Depending upon on how far you want to go we can go from 800 to 1500 yards. Usually we shoot during the week days.
Back in 2010 and 2012 I held some matches on our farm called the Pasquotank Precision Rifle Shootout, Elizabeth City NC.