• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

North Central WA 3 Gun @ Wenatchee WA 4-12-14

Jim the Plumber

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hello,
This match is limited to 21 competitors. This is an individual competitor event.
Cost is $90.00 per shooter ( includes WA state sales tax, small lunch, range fees, and a tee shirt.) Make checks payable to NCW Gun Club RE 3gun match.
Mail to: NCW Gun Club POB 1811 Wenatchee WA 98807
There will be a minimal prize table with top 3 receiving a cash pay out of $300.00, $150.00, and $75.00. Any prizes that are donated will be handed out starting from the bottom of the finish order.
Match location is NCW Gun Club in East Wenatchee WA
Match date 4-12-14. Sign in @ 7:00AM. Mandatory safety meeting 7:30AM.
Parts of the match will be self ROed
This is a 3 gun competition using a pistol, carbine, and precision rifle.
There will be running and gunning on a couple of stages. You will need a sling for your carbine.
Pistol shots to 50 yards. Carbine shots to 250 yards. rifle shots to 950 yards with one target @ 1700 yards.
All targets will be known distance.
Round count: 230 rounds pistol, 100 rounds carbine, 50 rounds rifle.
Recommended gear:
Semi auto pistol with enough magazines to hold 100 rounds. A secure holster for the pistol that will allow running with the pistol holstered.Mag pouches to hold spare mags.
Semi auto rifle with at least 3 magazines and a sling that will allow you to run with a slung rifle.
Precision rifle with dope to 950 yards and dope for 1700 yards. Rifle may be bolt or semi, but NO magnums and a speed limit of 3150FPS.
You will have intermittent access to your vehicle.
Bring food and water as needed, although we will supply a sparse lunch and water, there will not be a break for lunch.
Feel free to email, text, or call with any questions.
Thanks!
Jim
509-860-0974

Last edited:
Jim, Awesome match, lots of fun. I like the dynamic nature of your matches. The gully wore my aged ass out, but it was great to use both carbine and pistol on the move. All of the stages were interesting and well thought out. RO's were fantastic and fair.

Thank you for a great event.

Jim has done it again. Great stage design, action packed with minimal downtime/waiting, good balance of shooting (from point blank to a mile) and physical stamina tests. Wenatchee supplied the gorgeous scenery and weather. Perfect match.

P.S. Jim was RO'ing the gulch stage and had to run it 20 times -- most competitors (all?) were coming out of the ditch gasping after one run!

Last edited:
I really wish I could have made it out to this one. I was already commited to teaching a class over the weekend that I could not get out of though. Hopefully this will happen again!

Jim, I gotta tell ya brother, this match has to be on the top of my list for the all time funnest match. It was extremely challenging with all the carbine and pistol transitioning and mag changes. With all the rounds sent and the pace of the match, it still felt very low stress, a very hard combo to achieve. Well done!

Kirk Roberts

Jim, this was my first match ever. It was well worth the 6 hour drive. I will have to do this again so - can do better than 11 of 20. Thanks for a great time

I want to thank all my help, RO's score keepers, trail builders, steel makers ETC, for making this match a success.
We had 18 shooters that ran through around 5500 rounds of ammo in 6 hours.
I had a blast running the gully course with 16 of the shooters. That course had more than a few ways to skin it, and I think I saw 16!
I learned right off the bat to size up the squad and have the fastest runner go first then the slowest so I could recoup some what.
I'll probably do a Gully only 'match' a couple times this year, limiting the number to 10-12 to limit the standing down time.
Thanks to all the competitors, you guys and gals make it all worth it.
Jim

Hell, I had fun just watching the ravine stage from above all day!

1911fan

That is because you are sadistic there 1911fan!! :)

Great match and a great time. The gully was great...maybe next time I will secure my pistol mags and not miss out on cleaning the stage!