• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up north country, NY

rdgshooteer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2006
Lewistown, PA
I was wondering if any was in the north country or knew of any good ranges to shoot. I realize that the most I can hope for from what I hear is maybe 200 if I am lucky. If anyone wants to get together and shoot or knows of anything let me know. Thanks

Re: north country, NY

when you say north country new york what do you mean. Malone? narrow it down a little. you lookin to shoot high power, long range, scope or what. for me north country is Watertown

Albany Ny has a 1000 yd range with high power and palma with some any any matches, Syracuse area has Camillus with 1,2,300 and pits for high power. check the NRA website they will show local clubs.
www.forbesrifleandpistolclub.org/
http://camillussportsmensclub.com/

arborpro, thank you very much. Sorry I didn't realize North Country covered an area outside of Jefferson/Lewis County areas. I am originally from Albany and never heard that term used until I got up here. I am trying to find something to be able to shoot long range without having to travel too terribly far. I'm in Jefferson County. I was also trying to see if anyone knew of any hidden spots they might use.

Sounds good guys. adkmtnman I actually have some family in the Lake George area I might go see at the end of July.

Ahhh, very nice Ridge... Love lake George....

When you say Champlain, Do you mean The town Champlain near Rouses Point??
I'd be willing to drive up there for some distance shooting.. What do you have up there for range?