• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

north ga sniper challenge

caleb7mm

Nobody
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2010
atlanta, GA
anyone shooting this on the 23rd at creekside outside of cartersville?

I am going, never been to a long range shoot there. I have shot 3-gun in the past there.

just curious what the set up and ranges are.

thanks

Re: north ga sniper challenge

It's a fun match. Everything is under 575. Normally there is very little prone shooting. Joe uses funky barricades and smaller targets to make up for the lack of distance. You should come out. It's a great group of guys

I'll be there
smile.gif

i will be there. whats the round count and do I need to reserve before the shoot or just show up?

If you bring about 80 rounds you will go home with some.

Just show up.

Where is this event located in N.Ga.? If you have directions, please post them. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndPanzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really North Ga, but here you go,

www.creeksidefiringrange.com
</div></div>

ok?

its in taylorsville ga. 80 miles from the tn line and 300 miles from the fl line. Its north west of atlanta, making it NORTH ga.

1669 Old Alabama Road, Taylorsville, GA 30178

20101215_ice_accum.png

This map of ice storms pretty much perfectly defines North GA, Middle GA is between the line and Baldwin county, and South GA is everything under that.

I like the map! Creekside is in bartow and polk counties.

nice to see I live in the heaviest ice accumulation area in ga. lol

Well yes it's North GA but in Panzer's defense, The folks around here don't consider it North GA unless it borders TN or NC. To most here Taylorsville would be considered West GA. Geography 101 here. lol.

Caleb,
The round count is almost always 60. Usually 4 stages with a maximum of 60 rounds fired for the whole match. With the time limits hardly anybody ever goes over. I personally never fire 15 rounds in one stage. Furthest range available is 540 yards. Expect positional shooting. Joe's match is usually shot with a partner but this one can be shot as an individual. Your choice. Come to have fun and you will!!!

I will be alone for sure. good to know I can shoot as a single. Sounds fun guys. looking forward to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caleb7mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be alone for sure. good to know I can shoot as a single. Sounds fun guys. looking forward to it. </div></div>

I will try and be there.

for you guys looking for it, find Lake Alatuna at I 75 highway. it's about 20 minutes west of there. sort of between Acworth and Rome (near the nuclear plant)

FYI, they often require unsupported shooting, so you may want to practice some standing and seated before you come out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ivan R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caleb7mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be alone for sure. good to know I can shoot as a single. Sounds fun guys. looking forward to it. </div></div>

I will try and be there.

for you guys looking for it, find Lake Alatuna at I 75 highway. it's about 20 minutes west of there. sort of between Acworth and Rome (near the nuclear plant)

FYI, they often require unsupported shooting, so you may want to practice some standing and seated before you come out </div></div>

its not nuclear. Not enough water for nuke, its coal burning.