• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing north Texas aerial hog hunting

Re: north Texas aerial hog hunting

Oh my......greatness!

I may get a chance at a aerial hunt in late April - these videos have me excited.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

This is bullshit.

Not hunting

Not humane eradication of pests

Bunch of dudes with more money than brains playing soldier-boy on living/breathing animals.

Get a rifle, learn to shoot and put them down as cleanly and humanely as possible.

Shit like this gives us all a real bad name.

Blowing the legs off/guts out of pigs that were let out of a pen?

With a fucking mini-gun? What the fuck is wrong with these people?

This is the hunting/fishing forum, not the animal cruelty forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joel.B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

This is bullshit.

Not hunting

Bunch of dudes with more money than brains playing soldier-boy on living/breathing animals.

Get a rifle, learn to shoot and put them down as cleanly and humanely as possible.

</div></div>

Since I'm so tired of making rational, valid arguments regarding the complete and total extermination of a feral, invasive species that continually falls upon deaf ears, all I am going to say is you are entitled your opinion but if we agreed with you, we'd all be wrong.

It's really a shame you missed the feral cat thread.

Ditto on what Joel said, but to each their own
smile.gif

Waiting patiently for aerial footage.

What's rational or valid about using a mini-gun to take out some hogs let out of a pen?

Joel's not arguing the point on whether or not they should be killed... he's disagreeing with the method used.

The rational method of dispatching 'em would have been to walk up to the cage when they were caught and put a bullet in each one's head.

I'm 100% for killing every hog you see. I'll pass up a shot on a deer for a shot on a hog any day. However, our level of disdain for the animal and all the damage they do, doesn't warrant handling the situation like this.

There's absolutely no reason for this other than wanting to feel the thrill of using such a weapon on living animal because steel, pumpkins, and tannerite have all become old-hat.

That's just my .02...

As cool as it seems to shoot a mini-gun and knowing how much I hate to agree with people from California, I have to agree the mini-gun looks bad. It's videos like this that get gun rights taken away when liberals and legislators see it.

I hate hogs and love to shoot them. I'd love to shoot a mini-gun and I'd shoot a mini-gun at fleeing hogs, but taking a video of it and posting on the internet is not a great idea. Just ask the Scout Snipers who posed with a SS runes flag and then someone posted it on a website. Are they nazi's? No. Y'all are not bad people but the video gives a "careless" impression.

Are you going to shoot that M60, or just fly it around for a ride?
wink.gif

Yep I want to see some shooting from that door...gunner
smile.gif

chopper fly by video= thats cool, very vietnam throwback

minigun video= most fucking retarded thing ive ever seen

For once I'll agree with VJJPunisher. Throw some CCR music in the background of the chopper video and it's epic. The minigun video of shooting caged and released pigs is just sad
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joel.B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

This is bullshit.

Not hunting

</div></div>

I respect your view but it's a multimillon dollar problem here in Texas. Hogs are like roaches and cause problems with livestock and crops. This might not be "hunting" but it's taking a few out to protect lively hoods!!!
http://www.kwtx.com/statenews/headlines/Texas_12632Feral_Hogs_0_140314573.html

so lets set up a mini gun at the local dog shelter, be faster than euthinization right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I respect your view but it's a multimillon dollar problem here in Texas. Hogs are like roaches and cause problems with livestock and crops. This might not be "hunting" but it's taking a few out to protect lively hoods!!!
http://www.kwtx.com/statenews/headlines/Texas_12632Feral_Hogs_0_140314573.html </div></div>
Again, stating why hogs need to be eradicated is not an adequate justification for the method you chose, not to mention the one that got away cause you used 80% of your rounds to miss the others. Hogs may be a multimillion dollar problem to many states, but doing shit like this and posting a video of it is a problem for ALL of us who love to shoot and love to hunt.

So as not to muddy the waters, the opinions I've stated are strictly directed to edj's use of the mini-gun. Arial hog hunting and the use of whatever gun makes it most effective (be it an M-60, mini-gun, or otherwise) is a different story.

I'm not arguing against the killing of hogs. I killed just under 50 hogs last year in Georgia for the purpose of eradication due to crop damage and the killing of a new born Black Angus calf. However, I did it with at most 2 shots per kill and dispatched them cleanly and as painless as possible.

The trapping, caging and then releasing for a drunken orgy of violence just doesn't sit well with some of us. However, I know people that will argue the same for my long range hunting. I guess we all draw the ethical line in the sand at different places.

You guys ever poison mice in your home? Know how the poison works? You think it's humane to kill an animal slowly over the course of two or three days due to internal hemorrhaging? You think that might be painful? Do you care?

Of Course not! They are mice! A plague upon your house, your farm, your good health.

Now why are hogs different? They're bigger? Furry? Cute? You can see a family of hogs from little baby hogs all the way up to big grandpa hogs? Every one kills mice, not everyone "hunts"?

If you can reason in your head a difference between hogs and any other pest we kill with reckless abandon for no reason other than to protect our homes, families, crops or health (if you don't think hogs pose a real health threat read this http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...-health-nation/ or this http://nationalhogfarmer.com/health-diseases/feral-swine-pose-disease-risk-1215 or this http://www.noble.org/ag/wildlife/feralhogs/disease.html) then you are not being honest with yourself, or you have never seen the damage hogs cause first hand.

As for shooting hogs out of a trap, if that's what happened in the mini-gun video, well, that is certainly far worse then a European pheasant shoot or a pigeon shoot isn't it? No, those are much more sporting, you dress in your best hunting clothes, shoot fine shotguns, drink the best Scotch and smoke expensive cigars at those events where animals are let out of cages, at close range, one at a time to be shot.

I don't know how wise it would it to put it on a public forum for people not of like minds to view because the opinions definitely vary, it did look like the hogs died a pretty quick death and that mini gun did look pretty badass.

Different stroke for different folks. and how do we know they were in a cage? How do we know he didn't have a group of beaters in some brush were they saw the sounder (thats the proper term for a "herd" of pigs) bed down for the day and had a chance to set up that gun and push them. Either way this type of argument of what the anti's want. because after the holier than thou hunters ban this they will come after the long range shooting and optical sights, then one by one it will go away.

Just my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I guess we agree then?</div></div>

that you're a dumbass? absolutely

Your well thought out response speaks volumes. Thanks for confirming what I already knew.

I guess you've run clean out of logical arguments?

I mean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">minigun video= most fucking retarded thing ive ever seen</div></div>
and
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so lets set up a mini gun at the local dog shelter, be faster than euthinization right?</div></div>

were pretty persuasive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I guess we agree then? </div></div>
I guess your assumption of agreement is based on the silence following your "rational and valid" argument... in which case no, I still don't agree with your point-of-view.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys ever poison mice in your home? Know how the poison works? You think it's humane to kill an animal slowly over the course of two or three days due to internal hemorrhaging? You think that might be painful? Do you care? </div></div>
Nah, snap traps for me. Don't really care for mice going and dying/decomposing in my walls or cabinets and don't want to risk our dog or cat getting into poison or a poison-killed mouse carcass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now why are hogs different? They're bigger? Furry? Cute? You can see a family of hogs from little baby hogs all the way up to big grandpa hogs? </div></div>
Give me a break... CUTE... they're anything but "cute". Besides, nobody's offering up a P.E.T.A. pitch for not hunting hogs or anything... Everything that was said was specifically directed at letting hogs out of a trap just for the opportunity to spray 'em with a mini-gun (which ejd kindly removed from this thread and I appreciate).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can reason in your head a difference between hogs and any other pest we kill with reckless abandon for no reason other than to protect our homes, families, crops or health (if you don't think hogs pose a real health threat read this http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...-health-nation/ or this http://nationalhogfarmer.com/health-diseases/feral-swine-pose-disease-risk-1215 or this http://www.noble.org/ag/wildlife/feralhogs/disease.html) then you are not being honest with yourself, or you have never seen the damage hogs cause first hand. </div></div>
As I've already said twice now, citing the health risks/economic damage aspect of hogs is a moot point in this discussion. Yes they're a health risk, yes they're an economic problem, yes they're a plague and YES they need to be killed. The problem lies in the method that was employed, which I think most everyone who disagreed made explicitly clear in their comments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for shooting hogs out of a trap, if that's what happened in the mini-gun video, well, that is certainly far worse then a European pheasant shoot or a pigeon shoot isn't it? No, those are much more sporting, you dress in your best hunting clothes, shoot fine shotguns, drink the best Scotch and smoke expensive cigars at those events where animals are let out of cages, at close range, one at a time to be shot. </div></div>
You're right, it's not much different and I don't care much for that either, but this isn't about picking apart everything I agree or disagree with. As for whether or not they were actually let out of a trap... that seems pretty obvious to me but yes, I/we could be wrong in that assumption. However, I think ejd would have been pretty quick to correct us in his response if that were the case.

All-in-all, I think the silence was more indicative of a lack of substance in your "argument" than anything else. You claim to make "rational and valid arguments", but all you did here was find a couple similar/tangent subjects to use to skirt around what the real issue was that some of us took offense to. (i.e., trapped hogs being let out in front of a mini-gun.)

I won't drag this out any further cause I'm really not out to <span style="text-decoration: underline">argue</span> about anything and certainly don't expect or care to change your or anyone else's opinion on the matter. Think however you wanna think. I was just stating my point-of-view, as were many others. If you wanna take further silence as a sign of agreement, have at it.

Thank you for making a real argument as for why you are against killing hogs with a mini-gun.

We all differ in opinion on the subject, I believe it's important to know why. (But you're still wrong)

Chris