• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Northeast Shooting Ranges?

DosMeadowlandos

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2009
Connecticut
Hey All,

I was wondering if any one knew of any decent ranges to shoot at that go up to or past 300-500 yards?

I'm mostly looking in VT, NH, NY, RI, CT, PA, etc...

Within a 3-4 hour drive from Central CT. Would be nice if it was open to the public and near some camping.

Not looking to drive every weekend...but thinking of doing a 3 day weekend once a month for some practice.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Re: Northeast Shooting Ranges?

Ilion Fish and Game club is located in central NY, and has a 500yd range. I often see folks form Remmington up there to!

A great range for $20-25 a year!

I would love to hear about more as well. I have 650 on some land I can use but nothing farther. Anyone know of anything longer within 2 hours drive of Westchester NY?

Forbes Rifle Range is located in Colonie, NY very close to Albany. 600 yard range every Thursday and 1000 yard practice once a month from April to September.

Ive herd whispers of a 400yd range somewhere in CT
but I have no idea if its true or not

That would be nice as I live right on the border line.If anybody knows anything about that pls pm me.

The 400 yd range is down by the shore - Rob01 would tell you exactly where. We have a 500yd range cut out and ready to go but the club BOD is in slow motion about getting it up and running. There is also a 600 and possibly - soon to be 900 yd range - in the Meriden area but it is a private training facility not open to the public.

400 yards is at Ledyard Sportsmans Club. I think it's about $150 a year now. It's a private club but not bad for the cost.

Jake, Matt, Semour Gunz, is in your area and comes down to Ledyard from time to time.

colebrook range is 200 yards with plans to go to 400 yards in the future