• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northeast USA-Hello

Un_named

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2023
Maine
I see most forums have a new member/welcome area so...

Always learning about shooting, reloading and firearms. Came to the conclusion recently that I enjoy getting there as much or more than after I'm there. Reloading has really been that way. Assembling new firearms, working up loads, adjusting and modifying is where I find the most enjoyment. After I have a good load and accurate firearm I tend to move on to the next one.

No formal competition yet but my club is getting organized to do some rimfire shoots. I do have a few and have found them boring as no load to work up and accuracy, at least for a 10/22 and model 60 was nothing I wanted to share. So I ordered a Savage Mark II BTVS and will attempt to compete. Reasoning for the Savage was past good accuracy and decent value for the $.

So I will spend countless hours reading about 22 ammo, scopes that offer good value and that don't cost more than the rifle and this forum seems like a great place to start.

So I will spend countless hours reading about 22 ammo, scopes that offer good value and that don't cost more than the rifle and this forum seems like a great place to start.

If you came here looking for recommendations on scopes that don't cost more than the rifle... you've come to the wrong place. LOL.

On the 22's that I've put together, the scopes are 2,3,4x the original rifle cost.

If you came here looking for recommendations on scopes that don't cost more than the rifle... you've come to the wrong place. LOL.

On the 22's that I've put together, the scopes are 2,3,4x the original rifle cost.
Thanks for the welcome DustBun.

22RF has not captivated me like centerfire yet. If it does I will probably spring for better gear. The other thing is my shooting, although I enjoy it, is not what you'd call "professional". Weekend stuff, limited to 200 yards. I have diverse hobbies so can't put all the $ in the same bank.

Reactions: DustBun
Welcome to the Hide!
Scarborough Fish and Game Association is starting NRL22 back up on 9/2, and matches will be up on Practiscore--lots of RF fun.
PRS New England has center and rim rifle matches, a great group of people and challenging fun at all levels.
Depending on where you are in Maine, Hampden also has a good group and NRL22 matches.

Reactions: b6graham
Welcome! I picked up a rpr rimfire primarily for the kids and actually enjoy it more than I’d like to admit.