• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Northern Illinois and Indiana

Re: Northern Illinois and Indiana

I'm here in Kouts. Bout 1 1/2 an hour from Chicago. On the side with the good gun laws
smile.gif

Normally in Champaign, but I'm in the Chicago area right now.

I am in southern indiana bout 30 miles north of louisville ky.

Home is Marion IN. Stationed at Quantico Va. right now. Can be spotted in Joliet Ill. every so often visiting family.

Im in the north suburbs. I shoot up at Kenosha gun club

hello. like myslef im new as of today. i love this forum alot of very useful information. but i was looking around and thought ther is people from the rockford area thats awesome im gonna join.im from just south of rockford. just wondering where do you fine gents shoot around here?

Try the Tri County Gun Club in Hazelhurst IL, just west of Polo IL.

Open house there May 1-2 if you want to see the place.

I will have my Barrett M107 out there letting people shoot it also at the open house.

Thanks, Lin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LinSchryver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the Tri County Gun Club in Hazelhurst IL, just west of Polo IL.

Open house there May 1-2 if you want to see the place.

I will have my Barrett M107 out there letting people shoot it also at the open house.

Thanks, Lin </div></div>

Man I wish I was home!

I`m from South Beloit,Il... I see Wi. from my patio.... I shoot tomorrow at Lodi Wi. silhouetter match 200M-300M-385M- and 500M....I`ts 1 hr. away and I shoot there often both silhouette and LR... out to 1200 yds.
[email protected]

Young's Longshot, Inc., 3955 S 500 E, Wolcottville, IN 46795
Phone: 260-350-2835
Facilities include: Outdoor Rifle to 1000 yds, with steel at every 100
Hours of Operation: 10:00 a.m to dusk
Range Access: Private

Southbend/Mishwaka, IN here.

Planning on joining Youngs Longshot when I get some extra funds. I was starting to wonder if that place was still operational, I noticed their website on geocities was gone. (thought I missed my chance!!) thanks for the info Graham..

Gentlemen,

I'm in Northern Will County and belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association "ISRA" Range near Bonfield.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longhunter7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen,

I'm in Northern Will County and belong to the Illinois State Rifle Association "ISRA" Range near Bonfield.</div></div>

I belong to that range as well. I havent gone in a while because I have no ready to go rifle...

Just so you IL-guys know.

The ASC ( Aurora Sportsman Club, located in Waterman 'bout 65miles west of Chicago ) Has a 200 & 600yd Range. Not to mention the basic 25ft, 50 & 100yds.
Membership is failry pricey, but YEAR round shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the yearly fee at youngs </div></div>

$300 or so the first year, $200 or so yearly thereafter (single membership, family deal is like +$100 more). They been tuning things up a bit here lately and also added some additional targets at 700 and 1k. Can bring non-shooters to observe/hang out, like $30 for non members to shoot for the day w/ pre-approval from the boss lady.

Hello all,

Another member checking in from the Rockford area.

Hey guys
Wanted to put the word out that the afore mentioned ASC [Aurora Sportsman CLub] is having our 2nd annual ZOMBIE SHOOT, on OCT 23. At the facility, located in Waterman, IL.

ZOMBIE SHOOT INFO
ASC INFO.

Also I am looking to put together a Tactical Precision Rifle Couse, a fun shoot. Nothing all to serious, just a day to reach out on the 600ydr, possibly a "stress" shoot

Thanks for the post TANGO2072. I'm hoping I can make it out to the Zombie Shoot. I would also be interested in the Tactical Precision Rifle shoot, let us know when you have more info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TANGO2072</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys
Wanted to put the word out that the afore mentioned ASC [Aurora Sportsman CLub] is having our 2nd annual ZOMBIE SHOOT, on OCT 23. At the facility, located in Waterman, IL.

ZOMBIE SHOOT INFO
ASC INFO.

Also I am looking to put together a Tactical Precision Rifle Couse, a fun shoot. Nothing all to serious, just a day to reach out on the 600ydr, possibly a "stress" shoot </div></div>

Out in Big Rock just east of Waterman and just west of Aurora. Would love to do a precision course at ASC. Going to the Zombie shoot.

South of south Bend. I will have to try Youngs. Is only about an hour from me.

SO....
anyone of yall make it out to the ZOMBIE shoot ? ?
I was the RSO on the "highway to hell" Course. The 100yd Steel target head shots ?

Also the Board has approved my plans for the Tactical Precision Rifle Course. No intended date as of yet. I am looking to put together a "TEST GROUP" of ONLY ASC members to make sure the CoF works.

But for those on here that shoot Practical Rifle stuff.
I am hosting the NOV 27th (SAT) ASC Practical Rifle course.
open to the public 20$ for NON-ASC members.
if interested in attending please PM me. and I'll provide you with any kinda of info you need.

Was suppose to make the Zombi Shoot but a family prob popped up and couldn't. Hope it was a great time. Would love to make the 27th course. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Just completed the 16 hour tactical carbine class held at the I.S.R.A range in Bonfield Illinois.

Great class taught by an Illinois State Trooper firearms instructor.

More classes coming up next year. Check www.isra.org next
Spring for dates.

JUST wanted to let everyone on here know that currenlty

this SAT is STILL A GO.
Gonna be COLD but it's still on.

I wil be out there bright-n'early SAT morn after work to set up, probably about 0730.
Anyone willing to brave to cold morn air with me is more then welcome to come by.

I have some old wood, from a deck project that we can BURN in the barrles for warmth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TANGO2072</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JUST wanted to let everyone on here know that currenlty

this SAT is STILL A GO.
Gonna be COLD but it's still on.

I wil be out there bright-n'early SAT morn after work to set up, probably about 0730.
Anyone willing to brave to cold morn air with me is more then welcome to come by.

I have some old wood, from a deck project that we can BURN in the barrles for warmth. </div></div>

Would love to but this was me unfortunately on Wed. Rt 56 bridge over Rt 47. Black Ice. No one hurt thanks to seatbelts and car seats. So unfortunately I am out for tomorrow
1124101205.jpg

HOLY CRAP>
FWIW Glad to hear no-one was injured.
IF you can, I've set up the next date for a small CoF
On SAT DEC 18.
1- VTAC HighSmith Drills
( can be seen on YT )
2- Shooting out to 200yds on 10" steel plates.
( scenario based )