• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Northern Illinois and Indiana

Re: Northern Illinois and Indiana

Located in Naperville

Placebo! You won the lucky lottery nobody getting hurt. Sorry about the truck.

Thanks. 4 total accidents within 45 minutes of mine on that bridge with one unfortunate fatality. Luckily my 2 and 6 y/o and me walked away

Always a bummer hearing someone checking out.

Guys count me in on a meet or shoot. I could also use a mentor.

Fort Wayne here. New to the site and looking t getting back into shooting again.

For 2011 ASC has lower initiation and membership fees

Tango, I have heard that ASC charges an additional fee at the end of the year to cover costs if they are "in the red" so to speak. I have also heard if you get an additional member to sign up the fee is waived. I have looked on the website and it doesn't mention any fee such as this...can you confirm this?

NO, in no way shape or form are any members charged an additional fee if the club is in the "RED". Crock-O-Crap

the 180$ mentioned above is the "assesment":
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Assessment:
For 2011 it’s $15 a month or 180$ for the entire year, until you bring in a new member, then your assessment stops for this year. If you sponsor additional members you get $50 for each new member after the first one. When we get to 2000 members the assessment stops for everyone."</span></span>

So for a new member the total cost to join will be 450$ and that is prorated dependent upon the month you join.

Thanks for the clarification Tango.

So, after the first year if the 2000 membership goal hasn't been reached is the 180.00 assessment still in place?

YES,
Once the Club membership reaches 2000 members, the current assesment fee of 180$, STOPS for all members to inlcude anyone joining after the 2000 cap.

How is the Kenosha club? Just got a new rifle and CCKC seems to be the closest option. They open or welcoming to newbies?

ASC is a bit of a drive from me but I'll try to make it out their some time this spring/summer for an event it sounds pretty cool. I live out in the boonies in-between Frankfort, Monee and Peotone if any of you guys know where that is. But I work in Joliet and I drive alot so it's not a biggie for me to go out there. Although I'm a bit spoiled living out here, I can shoot out to 1K for free out here, I have a friend that has a private range at his house that goes out to 300yds that I can use all year. I can also shoot on my property out to about 750yds when the corn isn't up and if I shoot onto the property behind mine I can go out alittle further maby 1000 or so. I dont know exactly how far I can go cause I haven't had a gun capable of shots that far untill now, I bought a Savage in .300WM that should be here any day now.

Dsmn Big Lebowski I know where your located at. If you ever need company to shoot out to long distance I am more than happy to make the trip. About 45 minute drive. Im just west of Aurora

OK for those interested in this...

I am looking for days that would work best and not interfere w/ ASC- PRC.
Would SAT or SUN work best for those who could seriously consider attending.

Currently I am looking at MAY 14 ( sat ), 15 ( sun ) or MAY 29 ( SUN )

Due to work load on the ASC calenar of events, days my flex due to scheduling of Ranges and such.
The 1st idderation, will mainly consist of shooting paper scaled targets @ various ranges on the 200yd Range.
Possibly moving to the 600yd Range for some intermediate Range shooting in between stages.
Currently I have 10 stages slated.

I'd like encourage ALL Precision Rifle shooters , those w. 556 platforms seek out 77g for better distance and accuracy.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">When</span></span> we do shoot regularly out to 600yds, 77g will get ya there no issue.

For the PPRC events COME PRPARED. KNOW your Platforms capabilties, know your Scope and DOPE.

We are limited, We ( I ) personally have 1- AR500 steel target @ 18x24 rectangle ( not IPSC shaped ) w/ stand we MAY possibly get to use at times.

Cost will be slightly higher then PECKERS, due to Range maintainence cost and targets.
I will be ironing out the extreme details, Rules and SOPs this weekend, and finalizing the CoF. and coordinating w/ the ASC board for an authorized DATE.

If anyones is interested please feel free to contact me at

[email protected] or PM me

Definitely interested...thanks for stepping up to the plate to make this happen!

south side of indianapolis here. Is anyone intersted in going to the rcsc range day on october 8th in park city kentucky? I have gone a few times and its a blast, great bunch of guys and steel out to 1100 yards. Hit me up if anyone is interested in going down I ve got extra room in the truck and a hotel already booked