• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Northern MD - Navy guy

bart_man

Private
Minuteman
I couldnt figure out where to post intros, so I guess this is as good a place as any.

I'm Bart. I joined the Navy in 2001 after the twin towers fell mostly to do something about the outrage I felt at the invasion of my Home/country.
Got out/switched over to reserves in July and since I'm no longer in "pick-up-and-move-at-any-minute" mode I'm finally settling in somewhere.
Because of work that 'somewhere' is Northern MD near the Penn line.
The Navy really didn't teach me anything about rifles or shooting, just qualified me on the M9 and Moss 500. Because of that Rifles have become my primary interest as I seek to learn more about how to shoot them well.
Just before I got out I joined the command's Marksmanship team which shoots NM Military rifle/ bullseye pistol. For that I now have an A2style NM AR-15 and a 1911. I'm learning to shoot the course of fire and iron sights @ 600yrds. I'm planning to continue with the team and try and get the reserve guys more involved with the command team.

I also have (among others) a 7.62x39 AR I built which is perfect for my home range which is only 100yrds max.

I'd love to hook up with any of you guys who can coach/feed me pointers in the North-MD South-PA area.
I'll probably - in the near future - lay out the cash to support "Sniper's Hide" and gain access to the training videos and drills.

Re: Northern MD - Navy guy

Yo man, Army guy here from Elkton Md. Im looking for a shooting partner actually. So if you are still looking around I'd be more than happy to help teach you the basics.