• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northern Utah PCPR 2013 Challenge at Altitude

utahstroke

Minuteman
Jul 20, 2009
Summit County, Utah
LS101 and I are looking for feed back on participation intrest in a 2 day Sat/Sun, all steel out to 1000+++ yards event. Looking at early-mid July, 25-30 shooters, 8-10 per squad, camp over night on site with a dutch oven dinner. Would the requirment of an ATV/UTV be a deal killer?? The site is east of Oakley, 50 miles east of Salt Lake City, at 8000+ feet on 2500+ acres of private ground.
Cost in the $150 area. Thoughts and input please.

Re: Northern Utah PCPR 2013 Challenge at Altitude

sounds like fun. I have a ATV and a UTV so keep me updated.

You know Im all in Leo! And I've got all kinds of ideas and equipment resources to help make it happen. Gimme a holler
wink.gif

Leo and E. I'm in if I am around. ATV is doable. Sounds great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in for sure. I'll find a way to secure an ATV. </div></div>

Wanna ride Bitch? I aint afraid
wink.gif

sounds like a good time. I'm in with the rhino. (hopefully the back will be fixed by then)
Chris

Sounds cool. Would a Jeep on 35"s locked front and rear work? I just got the jeep tow ready this weekend.

I'd come up for an event like that. I don't have an atv but I'd figure out how to get one if I got in.

Thanks again Leo for your work at the USSS, I had a lot of fun.

We kicked around the ATV thing and believe a 4 wheel drive truck, suv or even a modified trail tested jeep will do just fine. If you would take it hunting, she should be GTG.

Oh good. My Blazer is a side by side. It's 68" wide but I can squeeze through two trees 50" wide. (Only broke one side window doing that.) I'd like to join you in wheelin and shootin.

Very interested... especially if I can use my Jeep Cherokee. I'd be down to rent an ATV as well.

Count me in, that sounds awesome now i just have to learn to shoot 1000+++ yds before July
grin.gif

Looks like there will be enough interest! Let the REAL planning begin!
This property really has some awesome senary and great natural obstacles. I can't wait.
Thanks Guys.

Looking at June 30-31, hope the snow is mostly off by then. Clint, we should have no proplem knocking off that other mirror. Ha. Mlr75, your Cherokee would be perfect.

Count me in, and per our earlier discussion, I'm still willing to help out.

Count me in. Maybe Jeff can hand me my rounds again. (mag malfunction)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggerhammer50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in. Maybe Jeff can hand me my rounds again. (mag malfunction) </div></div> Im ilegal in several states.

Looks like the intrest is there. Look for details the first part of February, we should have a feel for the snow volume and timing for access on the mountain by then. Thanks for all the input and offers for help, you know we will be needing all the hands, eyes and ears we gan get. Looks like we will be putting a bunch more targets together this winter.

Definately a posibility. I'll mark it and see what comes up. If it works out. Depends on school.

YOU KNOW I'M IN!!! I dont have an ATV, but Chris might let me ride shotgun with him...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some how not thinking my current ride will work....
frown.gif
</div></div>
A Kia Soul?

Hey now, dont knock the Kia to hard, it how i got to price and back for USSS for less than 200 bucks.
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some how not thinking my current ride will work....
frown.gif
</div></div>
A Kia Soul? </div></div>

Prius....
smile.gif

(I dont have an ATV, but Chris might let me ride shotgun with him...)You got shotgun Robert.

Chris H.

Hmmm....Cost is reasonable (about the cost of a box of shells). I've got an Isuzu Trooper that goes pretty good. How many rounds do I get to put down range? How much of my own food would I have to bring? How many targets a mile or more out (or is this a competition for the <span style="font-style: italic">little guns</span>?) I'M INTERESTED!!
grin.gif
2500 acres is nearly 4 square miles. There should be room for some <span style="font-weight: bold">serious long range</span> shooting!
crazy.gif

Prius, just carry it in like a 6 pack.

Details around Feb 1st, caliber and velocity restrictions (target preservation) will be stated.

Mrjimsfc, good questions. We will provide one dinner included in your registration fee, along with water across the course.You would be responsible for any other consumables. This is not going to be an ELR competition. It will be geared towards the precision rifle shooter with targets ranging from 300 to maybe 1100 yards. Like utahsroke said details will be out a little later, but round count should be in the 150 range.

OK, time to bring out the old "06" (little gun).
wink.gif
Another question, is this going to be a KD range or do we need ranging equipment? Wind? Well there's the real challenge. How about putting up a picture from Google Earth showing the area and courses of fire you're talking about?

And happy to bring a bunch of Northern Utah boys that can create a nearly religious experience with their dutch oven cooking, spin wrenches on busted ATV/Jeeps and shoot pretty damn far to boot.

Intreasted pending details.

Wow, the intrest is great! COF? Are you kidding, this was a concept 20 days ago. There will be some UKD, round count 180ish plus a pistol stage or two (Poker Cards for $$$).Camp onsite at our staging base. Our matches in the past have not centered on a prize table, LS101 and I are not ones to solicit. The venue, comradery and bull shit stories are hard to top.
The timing is also subject to the Hide Cup dates, talk about a prize table. Keep the ideas coming.

My google skillz suck but here is a photo showing some of the elevation and lay of the land.

Newlagacymap_zps066e06a5.png

I'd love to come play. I should have my 260 back next month. (its been out for several months now) Cut it down from 28" to 26" so i twould still fit in my gun case with the new Muzzle break. And he recut the chamber while he was at it to clean up the throat a little.
One thing I dont have as an ATV...but I have a toboggin I can tie to the back of Chillers Prius.
I can also help you guys with anything you need help with.

I'll also talk to my Vortex guy and see about a few items for the table. Shouldnt be a problem.