• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northern Utah PCPR January 7th

Re: Northern Utah PCPR January 7th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was thinking about making the trip from Vegas along with two others.....room for us?</div></div>

Hell yes we will make room for you guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark down 2 more if you can.

Myself and Kent.

Let me know if you have room.</div></div>

Russ you and Kent are in. Glad to finally meet you.
Might want to spring for the 17 HMR at least!! </div></div>

.17 is spendy. I know Kent just bought his boy one, we can share it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you guys can post a combined score! </div></div>

We could double up as teams and shoot together so it doesn't take all day.
confused.gif

My friend Brent (Vharis19) would also like to attend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McGuyver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend Brent (Vharis19) would also like to attend.</div></div>
Ok

Yea buddy a lunch might be a good idea! Well I was planning on easing up on the timer for coldboremiracle! but with this many people its going to be a fast pace!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea buddy a lunch might be a good idea! Well I was planning on easing up on the timer for coldboremiracle! but with this many people its going to be a fast pace! </div></div>

cry.gif
Ha! I may have to step off the shooting line to help you run this thing, it's gonna look like a team of monkey's trying to hump one football.

The hopes of us Vegas 3 showing up are fading. I appreciate you allowing us to shoot even though you had defined entry at 25.

I have heard great things about you Utah shooters though and look forward to the next one.

Come down and shoot the Vegas match sometime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The hopes of us Vegas 3 showing up are fading. I appreciate you allowing us to shoot even though you had defined entry at 25.

I have heard great things about you Utah shooters though and look forward to the next one.

Come down and shoot the Vegas match sometime.</div></div>

If things change you guys are always welcome. Hell if you guys need a place to crash I have plenty of room.

I am no stranger to the Vegas match... although it has been a few months since my last visit! Kurts match was the first tactical match I ever shot something like 2 years ago this month! been hooked ever since. you guys a great bunch to shoot with.

Our good friend Impulse targets has desinged this cool new target to demo at the match. Beware that any hits in the orange face will result in negative points...But im sure none of you will have to worry about that!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gI7AFZR0sU8&feature=g-upl&context=G256e36cAUAAAAAAAAAA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gI7AFZR0sU8&feature=g-upl&context=G256e36cAUAAAAAAAAAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
cry.gif
Ha! I may have to step off the shooting line to help you run this thing, it's gonna look like a team of monkey's trying to hump one football. </div></div>

It would be much appreciated at least some help spotting. Im sure things will go smoothly, but i'm certain it will take a little longer than normal. Glad to see some new people coming to participate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I could make it, this owning a business is cutting in on my play time.</div></div>

I hope things are going well for your new store. Be sure to carve out alittle time this summer to come visit.

I am thinking about doing a little wolf huntin in Idaho real soon.. I may be calling for some pointers!!

Do you guys run these matches rain or shine? Reason I am asking is that the extended weather forcast is predicting a chance of a storm right around Saturday. Of course the forecast could change before then, but it's something to be aware of as a possibility...

Yea i will be there rain or shine. I have my fingers crossed for some sun shine. Forecast is calling for 50's this week! That's F'in crazy for January.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: untouchable13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you open to two more shooters?</div></div>
You bet! Just had 2 cancel out today.

I know if said two but my brothers wife would like to come as well. will 3 be okay? I am excited to come I have been wanting to do one of your matches for some time! put us down as Nick L., Jed L. and Tarris L. if that works.

Sure that will work. Are you guys really coming from hurricane? That's a long haul.

Alright I really hate to do It but until someone drops out I can't take any more shooters. Let me know if some one can't make it please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright I really hate to do It but until someone drops out I can't take any more shooters. Let me know if some one can't make it please. </div></div>

I'll be happy to help out with stuff snag, I may be helping other's anyway.

Shooters, remember things are going to be tight on the shooting line...90 feet long and 30 shooters. Only the mandatory items will be allowed on the berm this means rifle, shooting mat and ammo. Big bulky packs and rifle cases will not be needed in order to post a winning score!

Just spoke to Brent (Vharris19). He says he's not going to be able to shoot, but he's going to try to come up later and watch. So you can take him off the list.

P.S. I've competed in NRA high power 1000 yard matches, but I've never done a tactical match like this one. I assume you are shooting mostly steel instead of paper targets. Can you give me a description of how it is run, how it is scored, squading, spotting, etc? Will each shooter run the entire course before moving to the next shooter? (I'm not sure how you would do it otherwise with a limited amount of steel) Or do you break it up into stages/targets and have just one shooter at a time per target? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up on brent.

We are limited on space at my range so we will all be squaded together. Typically on the paper target stages we will shoot all the Odd shooters together and the Even shooters together. The steel stages are shot one at a time starting with shooter #1. and working down the line. All stages are timed and the time is fairly unforgiving(So I have heard in the Past!)reason being we are trying to get you out of your comfort zone. We can all make a tiny little group at 900 yards if we have all day to setup. I want to see how you can do with 10 shots at 5 different distances in 100 seconds! The scoring is really easy and straight forward. I will hand out copies of the COF in the morning so you all can ask questions. If you are unsure what is going on.. just ask. We want everyone to have fun, but we want it to run quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. All stages are timed and the time is fairly unforgiving(So I have heard in the Past!) </div></div>
hahaha
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant shoot this weekend (broke and no ammo)but I'll see if I can make it just to say hello and help out.
Its $20:00 to shoot or $25:00 to just stand around and bother everyone right?</div></div>
Haha yea you got it right! Hey I'm loading right now for the match! If you tell me your 260 load I will hook you up for the match. Least I could do for all your hard work at the state shoot last year. Serious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hey I'm loading right now for the match! If you tell me your 260 load I will hook you up for the match. </div></div>

You have some 175's and RL-15?

Hahaha, JK, I'm loading up too, lookin forward to a great shoot tomorrow. What do you think of the weather report Snag?

Well from what I heard its going to snow tonight and possibly be wrapped up and nice by 11..only calling for like 2" of snow.
We got the range all painted and ready today. We will have a good time with who ever chooses to brave the weather!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well from what I heard its going to snow tonight and possibly be wrapped up and nice by 11..only calling for like 2" of snow.
We got the range all painted and ready today. We will have a good time with who ever chooses to brave the weather! </div></div>

Not liking that, if its snowing, how we gonna see the far targets?

Oh yea its not going to be much of a storm. Ill bet its really pretty nice.
We did however have a couple sissies drop out today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yea its not going to be much of a storm. Ill bet its really pretty nice.
We did however have a couple sissies drop out today. </div></div>

Well, I hope it isn't much. I was hoping to bring along a couple spectators/spotter's, but they are sissies too.

Does that mean your gonna give me more time to shoot?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha! I doubt it!
</div></div>

God bless you sir!
sick.gif

Was going to tell you I could be there just to help out but lookin like I need a root canal done. I'm no fun to be around. I think I'll go to North Springs and build targets and program computers. Catch you guys later. Have fun.

Clint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was going to tell you I could be there just to help out but lookin like I need a root canal done. I'm no fun to be around. I think I'll go to North Springs and build targets and program computers. Catch you guys later. Have fun.

Clint</div></div>

Clint, I sorry to hear about the root canal that sucks.
Hope to see you you in Summit County this season. I am definetly looking forward to getting back to the Price range soon I can't wait.

Its finally here, only one more night of no sleep.
wink.gif

See you guys in the mornin'
Be safe on your travels.

Chris

Eric,

I apologize for the late notice, but I must withdraw. If someone is still watching for a spot mine is freed up. A whole can of bull-waffle has opened up that I must deal with
crazy.gif

See you at the next one.

FudWacked

Is there going to be time for quickly confirming zero tomorrow morning

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MN sharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there going to be time for quickly confirming zero tomorrow morning </div></div>

Typically Eric lets the out of town guys double check zero, but dont abuse it
grin.gif

sorry we had to bail out early. thanks for a great match. we all had a ton of fun,look forward to the next 1

Had a great time today, thanks to Eric for a great match, thanks to all who participated and made it fun and enjoyable. Oh, and thanks to Burglecutt for the outstanding and indispensable fire that kept many hands warm that would have otherwise froze.
A great bunch of professional people who I'm proud to associate with!

Now, I need to get some Kroil soaking into my bore!

Had a blast myself. Some very good shooters. Any one know of some other matches being held in utah that are not posted on the hide?

Thanks for a fun match. Our group had a great time and learned a lot. We will definitely be coming to more. It was great getting to know everybody. Thanks to Snaglytooth for getting this set up. He did an awesome job!