• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Northern Virginia

I recently related to NOVA, out near Leesburg. Looking for a new range, any recommendations?

About the only places are Bang Steel and on Quantico

Bang steel is a hike. there is Peacemaker just over the border.

Frontline defense is just across the border into NC.

if you want to shoot PRS there are matches at VIR, Rocky Mount VA, Peacemaker, Frontline

I'm one of the lucky ones who has access to a farm in Fredericksburg to shoot out to 1000y

Bang steel is a hike. there is Peacemaker just over the border.

Frontline defense is just across the border into NC.

if you want to shoot PRS there are matches at VIR, Rocky Mount VA, Peacemaker, Frontline

I'm one of the lucky ones who has access to a farm in Fredericksburg to shoot out to 1000y

Well hello neighbor

Reactions: Olen_4504
I recently related to NOVA, out near Leesburg. Looking for a new range, any recommendations?
Peacemaker as already mentioned is close to Martinsburg, WV and a great place to shoot. 100, 200, 300 500 and 1000yard ranges. Open Wednesday thru Sundays. Peacemaker membership availability varies throughout the year. Check their web site.

Quantico is good as well but usually only available on weekends... gotta go with a member or join... check their website for schedule and details.

Peacemaker as already mentioned is close to Martinsburg, WV and a great place to shoot. 100, 200, 300 500 and 1000yard ranges. Open Wednesday thru Sundays. Peacemaker membership availability varies throughout the year. Check their web site.

Quantico is good as well but usually only available on weekends... gotta go with a member or join... check their website for schedule and details.

Thanks! PNTC has a discount from now through the end of the year. I'll have to jump on the waiting list.

peacemaker is awesome. but i think membership is on a waitlist now. but you can shoot all their matches without being a member (prs, prc, super steel, 2 & 3 gun, long range challenge). not mentioned above, they have a 1200yd range a few miles from the main facility, where they do their prs and long range challenge fun matches. they also open it up occasionally for like $50/day to get dope. also they've done some dmr/gas gun matches out to 800yds.

they have a long range challenge (fun, all prone, kd) scheduled for dec 8. should be on their website and/or practiscore.

peacemaker is awesome. but i think membership is on a waitlist now. but you can shoot all their matches without being a member (prs, prc, super steel, 2 & 3 gun, long range challenge). not mentioned above, they have a 1200yd range a few miles from the main facility, where they do their prs and long range challenge fun matches. they also open it up occasionally for like $50/day to get dope. also they've done some dmr/gas gun matches out to 800yds.

they have a long range challenge (fun, all prone, kd) scheduled for dec 8. should be on their website and/or practiscore.

This is good to know, thanks!

Just got a membership at peacemaker. Was on the waitlist for about a month and a half.

Fredericksburg. I've been using the 100 yard range out at CF Phelps WMA. Might join Quantico.

apr 6 & 7 peacemaker is having two different PRS matches.
Is there an events calendar that lists their competitions? I looked at their website, found an events calendar, it I dont remember seeing comps on it.

I shoot ar quantico. 1000 yard range is usually open every weekend. Associate membership is still available.

I know this could go in the members meet up but thought it might garner more attention here and in the bolt thread as well:

Those who go to the Bolt Action Rifles Thread will know that yesterday I got the honor of a personal tour of Ashbury Precision Ordinance, the outfit which is building the Sniper's Hide Custom rifles for Frank. They are only a stone's throw from my home here in central Virginia. Today, David Myles of APO contacted me asking if there are many Hide members local...APO is interested in having a get together, maybe monthly, for shooters to get together to chat, have coffee, etc. Maybe an occasional shoot somewhere.

I dont really know how to make a list so Im open to suggestions. I guess anyone interested can notify me and Ill pass the names on to David. I know there are a few of us but I think Zen Biker has moved.

I'm about an hour and a half away from APO, But definitely in for months I can make it.

I just visited APO this past Monday. It's a great story worth sharing when we get together. I'm in Northern VA. Joined Peacemaker in May and have been up there at least 1/2 dozen times over the past three months. Great place to stretch out the rifles. Taking their Intro to Long Distance Shooting class on Aug 31st. Looking to sign up for my first PRS match this fall also to be held at Peacemaker.

Last edited:
I just visited APO this past Monday. It's a great story worth sharing when we get together. I'm in Northern VA. Joined Peacemaker in May and have been up there at least 1/2 dozen times over the past three months. Great place to stretch out the rifles. Taking their Intro to Long Distance Shooting class on Aug 31st. Looking to sign up for my first PRS match this fall also to be held at Peacemaker.

Curious what are your thoughts on the class when you take it. I took it earlier this year and curious if my experience is isolated.

Will do - anticipating they'll attempt to stretch our platforms beyond it's capabilities - and offer up their Zeiss scopes, Seekins Precision Havak BRAVO Bolt-Action and DevilDog rifles for discounted one day only sale :>

Curious what are your thoughts on the class when you take it. I took it earlier this year and curious if my experience is isolated.
What was your experience? Bad/good/mediocre? I was interested in their courses as well as its tough to get out to one of Frank's classes out west

I felt like the class focus was getting people hits out at distance which was hard cause some people had their rifles set up wrong (to the point where they would never get consistency). About 1/2 the class didn’t have their rifles zeroed which had to be done at a separate range so that took an hour. The instructors kind of saw that I was able to get consistent hits, so they kind of just let me be off on the side shooting on my own. It’s a nice range, but can’t say I felt I got much instruction. I didn’t want to really bash it. Part me feels maybe I shouldn’t have done the intro and maybe my fault for not signing up for the intermediate. But was wondering if anyone else had the same perspective.

Reactions: Megatron_g1
Great feedback - I'll ask if they will push me to to the intermediate course next time I am up there - though I've heard they are firm on no credits, postponements or switching of classes -

Just got back from Peacemaker the other day. Spoke to Brian (front desk), and then two of their Range Officers who run these classes. I have three rifles which have passed rep-reqs to shoot at the Patriot range, so they are going to switch me to the Intermediate Long Range Class scheduled for Sept 7th. Definitely saved me some time and $$ - thanks.

Just got back from Peacemaker the other day. Spoke to Brian (front desk), and then two of their Range Officers who run these classes. I have three rifles which have passed rep-reqs to shoot at the Patriot range, so they are going to switch me to the Intermediate Long Range Class scheduled for Sept 7th. Definitely saved me some time and $$ - thanks.
my fav range and matches for sure, mostly due to the great/nice folks there. i figured they'd take care of you.

Reactions: AR300BO
I'm out in God-forsaken Ashburn now. There is also Fairfax Rod and Gun Club. They are good folks, have some great facilities, and their matches are fun. You don't have to be a member to shoot in the matches.

Just picked up a Desert Tech Covert SRS off the clearance sale prices. Been wanting one since it was released about a decade ago. Looking forward to sighting it in.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Desert Tech Covert SRS off the clearance sale prices. Been wanting one since it was released about a decade ago. Looking forward to sighting it in.

I've been thinking of picking one of those up. I'll happily buy beer at the Vienna Inn after if I might test drive yours. I really want one, but don't want to drop the cash if I haven't been able to shoot one first.

I've been thinking of picking one of those up. I'll happily buy beer at the Vienna Inn after if I might test drive yours. I really want one, but don't want to drop the cash if I haven't been able to shoot one first.
Waiting on an ammo order before I go sight it in. I also need to order some dies, bullets, and powder so I can load my own 338 LM.

Another NoVa member here. I've been a member at Peacemaker for years, just havent been in awhile (Life has gotten in the way to much the last few years)... Still a great place to shoot, just wish they had steele at Varying distances all on the same range.

Was at the Frontier range at Peacemaker this past weekend taking the Intermediate class for Long Range shooting - They had steel from 400+ to 1050 yards all in one range - very target rich :> Bummer that it is only available for classes, competition, or what they call "Frontier Days" $75 for half day shooting, typically on Sundays several times a year.

prs match at peacemaker sept 28, will be (hopefully) ringing some steel there then!

I know I'm kind of late to the party here on this thread but I live in Winchester/Work in Martinsburg and shoot at Peacemaker sometimes. Have done a few of the NRA American Rifle Challenge matches there (super fun competitive carbine match). My buddy just got me into long range recently. Was planning on shooting the long range club match that was supposed to be this past Saturday (4/4/2020) but it go postponed due to the kung flu. I have a private piece near Winchester where we can get out to 700 yards pretty easily (we are working on getting a spot on that property where we can go out to 1,000, but we gotta do some range finding to see if its actually feasible).

I'm always down to meet new people so reply or shoot me a PM if ya'll wanna connect (y)

I also just noticed this thread because of your post. I live in Arlington, and also shoot at peacemaker. I haven't done any PRS matches, but was hoping to get to a couple this year to get my feet wet. I'm working 7 days a week right know because of this virus shit. I had to let my part time people go, and I own a gas station, so trying to get whatever bit of business out there I can. There's another Hide member here in Arlington that I could reach out to, to try and get something together if there is still interest?

Reactions: Underaverage
I know this could go in the members meet up but thought it might garner more attention here and in the bolt thread as well:

Those who go to the Bolt Action Rifles Thread will know that yesterday I got the honor of a personal tour of Ashbury Precision Ordinance, the outfit which is building the Sniper's Hide Custom rifles for Frank. They are only a stone's throw from my home here in central Virginia. Today, David Myles of APO contacted me asking if there are many Hide members local...APO is interested in having a get together, maybe monthly, for shooters to get together to chat, have coffee, etc. Maybe an occasional shoot somewhere.

I dont really know how to make a list so Im open to suggestions. I guess anyone interested can notify me and Ill pass the names on to David. I know there are a few of us but I think Zen Biker has moved.
Im close id be interested

Any more info on the get togethers or a shoot at APO? I'm just south of them off of route 29 near the airport. It would be cool to meet some other folks.
Any traction on this?

I’m in Fairafx... about 90 minutes away from APO. I’m all in for a ‘get together”.

Hey. Was just searching for NOVA shooters on here earlier tonight. Fairfax County here. Shoot at NRA, Izaak Walton, and Frontline in NC. Currently waitlisted at Peacemaker in WV. Would be keen to make friends with someone at Quantico.

Heck, we could all just find someone willing to host a bonfire after the kung flu quarantine is done. Bring all of our rifles and gear for everybody to compare/check out and just sit around the fire talking about freedom n' stuff. So much easier to coordinate details of actual meets/shoots face to face where phone numbers can be exchanged, details can get ironed out way quicker, etc.

If anyone is interested, I'm a Quantico Shooting Club member and we're always looking for new candidates. I shoot on Range 4 almost every weekend, which is out to 1,000, while other Quantico ranges are from 25-400y. It's more structured (Marine Corps rules), but again, we're open almost every weekend and hope to reopen soon once the Corona has subsided.