• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Northern Virginia

For those interested in Quantico, you do need to be able to access the military facility. If you can't, the QSC can sponsor you. Go to our home page and check out the DBIDS process.

Hey all...would definitely like to meet up once this wu flu bullshit is over with! I'm in Falls Church. Have shot so far at NRA and Sharpshooters. Just starting to get into this longer range game. Stay safe all!

Very true. I just ordered some Italian Store sandwiches for pickup. Don’t know about German place ... what’s here?

i thought your Governor took away your guns ghhahha
No, he wrote down on pieces of paper that he wants to take our guns, but doesn't have any viable or Constitutionally viable way to do it. Every police officer that I've talked to in my area says that they won't enforce red flag laws and certainly won't participate in gun confiscation. Granted, that's just them at their word and many of them would likely switch to the "I'm just doing my job" line so that they can keep their pensions if push came to shove. Talk on social media is that we're heading back to Richmond on July 4th in force. I hope to see every one of you patriots there, appropriately armed. Ole Ralphie could learn a thing a two just from taking a quick peek at our VA state flag. We ain't having it, so he better tread carefully.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Nice to see how many people are in the NOVA area. Here's hoping this bullshit is down with soon!

All I'm saying is that once the boogaflu subsides and the warmer weather finally gets here we're having a banger and its gonna be freaking awesome!

Last edited:
Alexandria here. Wife is about to go TDY for next 8 months, soooo....i should have time.

If anyone is interested, I'm a Quantico Shooting Club member and we're always looking for new candidates. I shoot on Range 4 almost every weekend, which is out to 1,000, while other Quantico ranges are from 25-400y. It's more structured (Marine Corps rules), but again, we're open almost every weekend and hope to reopen soon once the Corona has subsided.

Used to be a member, but during the war range 4 was rarely open. So,I let it lapse... donated a few weed wackers and started using Ft Meade‘s limited facilities.

Reactions: WildBill3/75
If anyone is interested, I'm a Quantico Shooting Club member and we're always looking for new candidates. I shoot on Range 4 almost every weekend, which is out to 1,000, while other Quantico ranges are from 25-400y. It's more structured (Marine Corps rules), but again, we're open almost every weekend and hope to reopen soon once the Corona has subsided.

Missing me some R4 this month.

20200112_101100.jpg

It appears we may open again on May 2nd. We're working out the requirements now for social distancing and contactless range ops, but we're confident we should be able to open some of the ranges to Members Only beginning the the 2nd. The office will remain closed, and there may be other restrictions, for instance Range 1 presents a distancing issue, but we'll be working through the challenges to open ranges again.

IMG_3436-1-1289871.jpg

Last edited:
Used to be a member, but during the war range 4 was rarely open. So,I let it lapse... donated a few weed wackers and started using Ft Meade‘s limited facilities.

There are always challenges as active duty and reserve units have priority, but active duty usually shoots during the weekdays while reserve units shoot tables on weekends. Reserves shoot on R3, but when they do, it causes us some delays on R4 to check targets until they finish a string and go cold. We loose about two weekends over the course of the shooting season to glitches or units scheduling late in the week, but even then we can go over to R305 and at least go out past 400. It's still a great value for this area.

IMG_2775-1147592.jpg

IMG_1088-1091037.jpg

IMG_0949_JPG-1067094.jpg

It appears we may open again on May 2nd. We're working out the requirements now for social distancing and contactless range ops, but we're confident we should be able to open some of the ranges to Members Only beginning the the 2nd. The office will remain closed, and there may be other restrictions, for instance Range 1 presents a distancing issue, but we'll working through the challenges to open ranges again.

IMG_3436-1-1289871.jpg

Best news I've heard in a hot minute.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What's an APO function?

As an update, the May 2nd soft opening didn't happen. Ranges are only available when Marines are conducting training on one of the 50+ ranges on the complex; there were no training activities last weekend so the Club could not open the Calvin Lloyd complex.

The good news is we will be open Saturday the 9th, closed Sunday the 10th (Mother's Day) and hopefully open each weekend afterwards. It appears the high power guys will be using Range 3, Range 4 will be shooting at 1,000y and Range 305 will be open out to 460y. As of today, R1, Pistol and Shotgun are awaiting RSOs and scheduled as closed, but that could change.

The club is ONLY open to members as we navigate the reopening and distancing requirements, no guests. We have a number of Base mandates we have to adhere to so it's prudent we work through the issues as try to resume normal operations.

Reactions: chrome
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What's an APO function?

As an update, the May 2nd soft opening didn't happen. Ranges are only available when Marines are conducting training on one of the 50+ ranges on the complex; there were no training activities last weekend so the Club could not open the Calvin Lloyd complex.

The good news is we will be open Saturday the 9th, closed Sunday the 10th (Mother's Day) and hopefully open each weekend afterwards. It appears the high power guys will be using Range 3, Range 4 will be shooting at 1,000y and Range 305 will be open out to 460y. As of today, R1, Pistol and Shotgun are awaiting RSOs and scheduled as closed, but that could change.

The club is ONLY open to members as we navigate the reopening and distancing requirements, no guests. We have a number of Base mandates we have to adhere to so it's prudent we work through the issues as try to resume normal operations.

THANK you for this update, I was about to bring a guest this weekend, super helpful not to inconvenience anyone now knowing the above guidance.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What's an APO function?

The previous Ashbury Precision Ordnance get together. I need a 100 yard range so that I can work up loads for QSC as well.

Great day on R4 today, was expecting a lot more people there today, but it was a good, smaller group.

The soft opening went well. I think we're going to open the office next weekend, but no guests yet. Sorry I couldn't make it to R4, I was at the clubhouse cleaning and rearranging.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
There are always challenges as active duty and reserve units have priority, but active duty usually shoots during the weekdays while reserve units shoot tables on weekends. Reserves shoot on R3, but when they do, it causes us some delays on R4 to check targets until they finish a string and go cold. We loose about two weekends over the course of the shooting season to glitches or units scheduling late in the week, but even then we can go over to R305 and at least go out past 400. It's still a great value for this area.

IMG_2775-1147592.jpg

IMG_1088-1091037.jpg

IMG_0949_JPG-1067094.jpg
What size is your steel target I see?

What size is your steel target I see?

It's a 2/3rds IPSC, which is 12"x20". You can bring what you can hump, or buy a box of clays and shoot them off the back berm which is 1035y. You can also get a Known Distance frame from the clubhouse and paste up your backer.

IMG_2770-1147590.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffLebowski
It's a 2/3rds IPSC, which is 12"x20". You can bring what you can hump, or buy a box of clays and shoot them off the back berm which is 1035y. You can also get a Known Distance frame from the clubhouse and paste up your backer.

IMG_2770-1147590.jpg
I’ve been out on R4 several times with Skip over the last 9 months. I have a steel target same size as yours. Figure to strap all to a hand truck and run it up on the hump. Do you lift your pipe rack up from the butts below or walk all in?

Reactions: Defender3
I’ve been out on R4 several times with Skip over the last 9 months. I have a steel target same size as yours. Figure to strap all to a hand truck and run it up on the hump. Do you lift your pipe rack up from the butts below or walk all in?

I hump it all up from the side of the berm. You can throw it over from the pits or hand it to someone of they're available. You could go from the front of the berm, but the angle is pretty steep when you're carrying 50lbs.

I love Purcellville. 340 Defense used to be the closest range, but I don’t know if they are still open.
340 defense was open 2 weeks ago. Been 5 or so years since I made it over that way. They have made a bunch of improvements since I was there last. They added benches and sheds at the lanes. The only bummer was they don't have 400 yards anymore. It's 300 max now.

340 defense was open 2 weeks ago. Been 5 or so years since I made it over that way. They have made a bunch of improvements since I was there last. They added benches and sheds at the lanes. The only bummer was they don't have 400 yards anymore. It's 300 max now.
Where is that? Izaak Walton in Centerville has been open a bit over a week. I’ve been over there 4 times. Sighting in new rifles, chassis and scopes. Been good to shoot. But only 100 yrds. 300 would be fun.

Where is that? Izaak Walton in Centerville has been open a bit over a week. I’ve been over there 4 times. Sighting in new rifles, chassis and scopes. Been good to shoot. But only 100 yrds. 300 would be fun.
Its on 340 just south of Charles Town west Virginia. It is barely in Virginia

Reactions: DROWN
Just "sing out" when you need help and I'll come by and relieve you. There gotta be others that can man the club functions as needed?

Just "sing out" when you need help and I'll come by and relieve you. There gotta be others that can man the club functions as needed?

If you only knew the issues we're dealing with....

My RSO certs also happened to expire during COVID so I stayed in the office. I should be re-qualified on Friday, and then I'll be opening 305 on Saturday.

I am dead serious. You need help... just ask. PM me and I'll give you my cell number. I've been wanting to see your AI setup regardless.

I'm going to RSO R305 Saturday and then Shotgun on Sunday. Ranges are closed July 4th so I hope to get out to R4 the next weekend.

The real support we need is with the website and Civi CRM, and people to step up and be Match Directors. We'd luv to start a precision .22LR match (not NRL) for the members.

I just moved the family to Gainesvile, Only issue is that most of my gear is still in Maryland, and I am stuck in the Middle East for the time being. Would love to link up with anybody in the area once I actually get situated.

Would like to check out Peacemaker.

Usually shoot at a private 1000 yard range in WV