• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Northwest Action Works? or ScoutSupplyCo info/qual

averageshooter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2006
Helena MT
Hey all just trying to get any information about this company. Looking at possibly getting a trued action from them and just looking for more information. Anyone have a complete build done or any reviews on them or their work?

Also looking at ScoutSupplyCo but don't see any information on them really either. Any help would be great.

Thanks for any help.
Matt

nwactionworks.com

Re: ScoutSupplyCo info/qual

I had researched Scout Supply Company and didn't find much information either. So I called them. I am very glad that I did.

I spoke with Russell Banks on several different occasions. I was interested in his Tactical Stage 1 package. Russell quoted me a delivery time of 2.5 weeks. After further conversations with Russell, I decided to add a Badger bolt knob and to have the barrelled action DuraCoated. Russell told me he could still have the rifle to me within 3 weeks, even after adding the two options.

I picked up my rifle on Friday the 29th. I had placed my order on Monday June 11. That kind of service is hard to beat.

I am very pleased with the rifle. The machine work looks great. The crown work with the thread protecter is flawless. It is very hard to notice the thread protector. It fits without a seam. The bolt face looks great as well. I asked Russell to DuraCoat the barrelled in an Extreme Tactical Grey. I was very pleased with it as well. It really sets the rifle apart.

I will not be able to have a range report until Thursday, I will post back about the performance after that. I will try to post some pics as well.

So far I am extremely pleased with Russell and Scout Supply Company.

i JUST sent my barreled action off to Russell on Friday. He called me to verify everything and take payment over the phone (handy for me..always on the move)...he then took the time to talk about my shooting, my goals with the rifle, and even went so far as to give me some advice on load development and what such...very nice guy, and after I get the barreled action back (badger bolt knob, badger thruster, barrel threaded) I'm going to shoot the CRAP out of the gun and then send it back to him when it's time for a new barrel and have it trued as well!

Tag for range report when you get out with the Tactical Stage 1 rifle. Thinking about getting one myself and would love to hear reviews.

I got a chance to go to the range yesterday so I thought I would give an update. If I could summarize in 3 words, "order a rifle" would be the 3 that I would choose.

I am very pleased after today's session. I loaded 18 rounds using Reloader 15 with the Sierra 175 Match Kings. I loaded 9 rounds with 42.5 gr and I loaded 9 with 43 gr of RL15. I loaded all of the cartridges to an OAL of 2.80. I also had 4 rounds of factory Federal 165 gr Ballistic Tip ammo. I cleaned the barrel after my last trip so I thought I would use the factory ammo to diry up the barrel a little and to check as to what kind of group I would get with the factory ammo. I shot 1.245" group with the factory ammo.

I fired 3, three shot groups with each powder weight. With 42.5 RL 15, my group sizes were 1.107", .582", and 1.057", and were shot in that order. That is an average of .915". Each of the 3 shot group had 2 touching with 1 as a flyer. Best of 2 group average was .8195

With 43 gr of RL 15, the groups were .882, 1.207 and .677. Group avg .922. Best of 2 groups was .779. 2 of the 3 groups had 2 touching with a flyer.

I am tickled to say the least. This is my first run of handloads thru it. I have not adjusted the trigger at all from the way it arrived. I will work with it a little to see how it lightens up. One day I will replace it with a Timney. I have the rifle mounted in a Bell and Carlson Light Tactical stock, the one with the hook in the stock. My scope is a Leupold 3.5x10x50 VXIII with an illuminated TMR reticle.

Again I could not be happier, and Russel is really a great guy to deal with. I feel like this rifle will shoot better than I ever will. I hope I get to shoot it enough to wear it out.

I just got my rifle back today...i, sadly, decided against the stage 1 being that I'm probably just going to keep this one as is to shoot cheap handloads at the 200yd range...and build a more dedicated rifle for any farther. I might, though, still send back in to get trued and the chamber reamed out to .223ai (i'm actually pretty sure I will later on this year lol)

But I got a custom brake, my barrel threaded, and a bolt knob installed....everything looks fantastic, and Russel was nothing but a huge help the entire time. I gotta say, it was a smooth ordeal..and I hope more smith's start acting like him....getting a gun done in a reasonable amount of time anymore seems to be harder to catch than a unicorn!

I have to put my two cents in for Northwest Action Works. These are some great guys who know there stuff. I recently had them build a custom rifle long range rifle for me and I couldn't be more pleased. They do great work!