• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northwest Action Works

Xshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Evansville, WI
Came across this company while looking for Remington actions. Curious if anyone has experience with them.

Re: Northwest Action Works

bump for them. I was wondering the same thing.their benchleg rifle is pretty much what i would build.

Re: Northwest Action Works

I got a SS action from them, it's in my 7-08 hunting build.

My smith said the truing looked good, I thought the price was good, they shipped it promptly and it made a good rifle

Been trying to get a barred action from them. Spoke to them once and they were to email me a quote the same day. It never came. Called back three days in a row up to three times a day. No answer. Left several messages and no response. Almost like they feel off the planet this week. I don't know what's up. Seem like an easy sell. Guess you can't give money away these days. Hope they call back soon, but leery now that thy are not too responsive.

Just back to say I finally for in contact. They are her informative and helpful when speaking with them. Probably gonna go ahead and progress with a purchase of custom barreled action. Maybe repost on results in a couple of months with an update.

I have an action with getting trued. They are very helpful and good to work with.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and the link. Funds and stock going out next week for barreled action and bedding. Hope for the positive results others have experienced and commented on.

The guys at Northwest Action Works are great guys! Mason helped worked with me to come up with my 6.5 Creedmoor with a tried Remington 700 action, 26" Shilen barrel, and KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis. Made a cold bore shot at 1200 yards at a workshop this summer. Could not be more pleased! image.jpg

The guys at Northwest Action Works are great guys! Mason helped worked with me to come up with my 6.5 Creedmoor with a tried Remington 700 action, 26" Shilen barrel, and KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis. Made a cold bore shot at 1200 yards at a workshop this summer. Could not be more pleased!View attachment 14468

Longshot what cheek rest bag are you using?

They built a 300WM for me last winter.Both owners were great to work with and gun turned out exactly as I wanted.Wouldn't hesitate to use them again .

I checked their web site, and was very pleased to see that they actually list prices for their various servces. That seems to be more of a rarity now days, but I like it because it gives consumers an idea how much their dream rifle may cost. That alone would get me to contact them if I were looking to have some work done.

Prices on a website are a big plus in my mind. I like to know what I'm getting into and it shows the company keeps up with their posted information.

I posted earlier in this thread and am still waiting on an action to be returned. I spoke to them in July and was told action was done and waiting on bolt know work which they send out and I would see my action in three weeks. Don't have it yet and make a few attempt to contact them via email and phone and no follow up. Completely different than my initial experience. I'm OK with the wait, but just a little follow up when we're way over the date would be helpful.