• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northwest Action Works

I've read good things. I have a friend who had a 6.5CM remington 700 barreled action he got from them with upgrades for the 700, cerakoted, the works. It's supposed to be in, in the next month or so. I'll let you know what he thinks. I've read good reviews on them. Was considering them for dads build until i went with an SR3.

Their testimonials are good as well.
https://www.nwactionworks.com/testimonials

ok, I look forward to hearing what he has to say. Since I want to do all the stock/chassis work I'm looking for a .260 barreled action that is blue printed, set up with a good barrel, fluted, bolt knob, and on and on. But I can't decide between a ready made barreled action like they have, or having one built from the ground up with all the specific components that I want. I imagine the former is cheaper but it'd be worth it to have exactly what I want. Oh the choices.s

The Ramrod is made for them by Defiance, so it's good quality.

I as well as a buddy have had several guns put together by them. They all came out fine and shoot well. The only knock I have on them is their response time to questions and meeting lead time estimates

I had a rifle built on a Rem 700 action (I supplied action/barrel,lug) when they first opened up the business. Response time was fast then and turnaround time was 2weeks. Rifle shot well, but sold it a couple years ago.

They've treated me well. I have a couple customs I had them assemble. One 300 RUM and a 300 Win Mag. Both are excellent. I'm actually going to have them assemble another one once I collect all the parts I need.

6 month lead time for a barreled action? That's too long! Spend a couple hundred more and you can get a custom action and blank of your choice and have a smith do it much quicker. I'm sure the work is fine but it's not a route I'd go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 month lead time for a barreled action? That's too long! Spend a couple hundred more and you can get a custom action and blank of your choice and have a smith do it much quicker. I'm sure the work is fine but it's not a route I'd go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only knock I have on them is their response time to questions and meeting lead time estimates [/QUOTE]

That seems to be a problem with a lot of the custom or even semi-custom gun makers. I had a recent experience where the guys took four months to get to my gun. Then, when I called to tell them to send it back, they didn't know who I was or what they were supposed to be doing to my rifle. A simple fix turned into four wasted months and eventually it came back to me basically just as I sent it out. Frustrating !!!

Yeah, I forgot about that. There were a little slow on the emails. Once we settled on money/services via email, they gave me a time to call them (when they answered the phone) to get payment settled. After that, it all went pretty quick.