• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Northwest Precision Steel Series Challenge ( south spokane Washington)shoot to 1250yds

1000yardshooter1234

Rock Lake Rifle Range LLC
Minuteman
trophy (2).jpg2014 May 31. This is a Series of shoots for Tactical long range and Hunting long range. There will be 2 different setups for different classes. Lots of good prizes. This can be for the beginner and experienced. See website for Contact info and how it works. WWW.nwprecisioncustoms.com

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Glad to see and hear that you had a good shoot. We were happy to provide a moving target system for the event. Hope to make the one in August.

I'm shure in the near future there will be full matches once the word gets out.

Thank you Northwest Precision, your event on May 31st was wonderful. The facility is beautiful, and the match was fun. I witnessed the most amazing display of real comradery, and marksmanship that I have seen in a long time. The shooters approached the course as though they were a unbeatable team of seasoned Riflemen and, not independent competitors trying to beat out the next guy. I heard many smart ass remarks, of course all in good fun, as well as witnessed individual riflemen helping and coaching each other to better themselves as shooters. Overall a great event, lots of fun, good food, challenging targets, and great company. Events like this give me hope that the art and field craft of marksmanship will be preserved, mastered and passed on to the younger generations, as it is our obligation as Individuals to keep our aim true and our powder dry. Thank you again Northwest Precision!!

Last edited:
I was at the match as a spectator (my first time ) I enjoyed watching other shooters with there great equipment and talent for going long range. I've been interested in shooting long distances and have decided to get involved in this sport. I figure being around other shooters will only help me in reaching my goal of 1000 yds. Beautiful range congrats to all shooters was very fun watching

Tag for interest. I will be in Utah at the PRS match this weekend but interested to know when the next one is. Thanks!

Was fun and tough match, temp approaching 90F, shooting mats getting so hot it was possible to get 1st degree burn, barrel got so hot I missed 300 yard targets, but hey shooting is not about being comfy . Congrats to my doughter she got 1st place in youth only 1 point behind me. Heat and dust was bad but this young lady is tougher.
ju4ejada.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Was fun and tough match, temp approaching 90F, shooting mats getting so hot it was possible to get 1st degree burn, barrel got so hot I missed 300 yard targets, but hey shooting is not about being comfy . Congrats to my doughter she got 1st place in youth only 1 point behind me. Heat and dust was bad but this young lady as tough as nails
ju4ejada.jpg

1000yardshooter, I run a 338 RUM. Is that cool for your steel? My load is pretty mild, 300gr Berger running low end H-1000 82.5gr, 2580fps. Last shoot I skipped a few close targets so it wouldn't pound them too bad. lol. I'm working on a 260rem build, but she isn't done yet. Figured i'd check first before registering for your Aug 30th shoot.

Thanks,

Brian K.

Last edited:
Brian the 300 ultra guys do a number on my targets! I have several guns you could borrow? 308 and 6.5 creedmore, both with nightforces! If you came over Friday you would be more than welcome to shoot and get used to them. I have lots of data for them!! I would allow this once, it would be a good test...LOL there are a couple that are close I might have you skip though! Let me know what you think?
Doug

Brian the 300 ultra guys do a number on my targets! I have several guns you could borrow? 308 and 6.5 creedmore, both with nightforces! If you came over Friday you would be more than welcome to shoot and get used to them. I have lots of data for them!! I would allow this once, it would be a good test...LOL there are a couple that are close I might have you skip though! Let me know what you think?
Doug

Doug

I appreciate the offer, but I don't think I can get the time off from work Friday. I'd be hitting the road after work at 4:30. If I did run your 308, it would be a challenge. I wouldn't have Friday to run it and get use to it. Do you have a good load data I could load for it? Any load development done on her? I do have LC brass I could use and I'm considering a 308 over the 260, so a set of dies is in my future anyways.

The last shoot (last Saturday Chris held on the pass) he had me skip some close targets. He had a station with all small diamonds. I would have killed them. Still placed in the top 10 and had a blast! I don't mind skipping close targets if that's cool with you. Just makes it more of a challenge for me to score high in the match. My load is on the light side, just slightly above min charge on Hodgdon's site, only running vel of 2580. If a miracle happens and I get the cash for a barrel, my 110 will be ready but I'm not holding my breath. That"s all I have left to get her up and running. But for now, I just have my 338.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, sorry for the delayed response! Yes I have an excellent load with drop charts,wind etc. I have over 800 rounds loaded and ready! your call? There are 2-3 stations will have to have you skip with that beast!!!...lol cause even though you are running low velocities...the energy of that is a killer:p!!! But come on over and either way it is a fun match!!

Brian, sorry for the delayed response! Yes I have an excellent load with drop charts,wind etc. I have over 800 rounds loaded and ready! your call? There are 2-3 stations will have to have you skip with that beast!!!...lol cause even though you are running low velocities...the energy of that is a killer:p!!! But come on over and either way it is a fun match!!

Thanks Doug... I just might run your 308! It would give me a good idea for my next build. I can cover the cost of ammo and a little for barrel life!, just let me know how much to bring. I should be able to make it, I'll know next week for sure and get signed up. I need to head over anyways, my niece just had son #2 today, so I've got to see them. They live just north of you in the Valley/University. Kill two birds with one stone!

308 question... Action/mag fed, stock, and optics(moa/mil or mil/mil) and FFP or SFP? just kinda getting mentally ready. I'm use to mil/mil ffp TRM reticle
Thanks again,
Brian

Brian, Remington 700, action trued, squared..etc. Rock Creek barrel M24 contour, muzzle break, Bell and Carlson A-5 fully adjustable,Wyatts drop box with 2 5shot and 1 10 shot clip, Harris bipod, Nightforce 8-32 SFP, MOAR reticle in MOA. Shoots 155g AMAX at 2825fps, puts them in 1/4 inch all day. I have all drop charts and wind charts.
I think it costs me 14.00 or less to reload a box of 20, so whatever you think is fair, just want you to come have fun!!!! Round count is 42 minimum. Oh yea she weighs 17 pounds :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg Had a fantastic turnout today! Just a couple pics I snapped with my phone, will get some more up when I get to my laptop! Had some serious winds to deal with but still some high scores from some top level shooters:cool:
Final shoot of the year is September 27&28 will get match details on web in the next couple days along with scores, thanks to all that came and shot!
Northwest Precision

Thanks to Doug, R/O's and all the people who worked hard to help put on this shoot! Great shoot, great food, couldn't ask for more. Best part was the wind to push your limits. I'm looking forward to the next shoot. Great to meet everyone, good people. Well worth the drive from the wet side. See you guys in September!

Brian K.

Those were some tough shooting conditions even my 300 Win Mag was blown around like a feather. Doug and your team thank you for a great shoot!