• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Northwest Precision Steel Series Challenge ( south spokane Washington)shoot to 1250yds

Thank you all so much for your support of Northwest Precision Steel Series Challenge, without your participation We would not be able to keep this going! Thank you for all your input also and for the shooters that traveled so far to the competition! I Really can not thank INMOTIONTARGETS.COM enough for supplying a mover for the shoots!!!! That is so much fun!! I will have the September finalist shoot updated in the next week so keep checking the web. Northwest Precision august 30th match 367 (450x338).jpgaugust 30th match 366 (450x338).jpgaugust 30th match 365 (450x338).jpgaugust 30th match 364 (450x338).jpgaugust 30th match 363 (450x338).jpg

I shot the tactical match last Saturday and had a great time! Epic location, awesome people and just a bunch of fun. I will be registering for the September two day match this week!

I shot the tactical match last Saturday and had a great time! Epic location, awesome people and just a bunch of fun. I will be registering for the September two day match this week!
Nice meeting you out there. I'm gonna register next week too. Soon as I get my 260 done, I'll see you guys at UNSC as well. See you at the end of the month! Shoot straight.

Brian

Ok shooters! Sorry for the delay...Been working on getting more stations added and....Bow hunting..hehe. Web is updated with some info and scores from August 30th shoot, Scroll down under sponsors!
Final shoot is coming fast September 27th & 28th. There will be 12 stations to shoot and 100 rounds through the 2 days!

Shoot me an email if you have any questions: [email protected]

More info and Registration: Northwest Precision

Sounds good Doug... see you at the end of the month! Looking forward to the two day event. Next season, I'll be in it with a new 260 for all the matches, maybe your 308 if I can talk you out of it! :)

Keep that knock locked in and shoot straight. Get a pic of a big trophy buck for us. Good luck hunting!

Brian K.

Right on! He's a beauty. That's awesome, really happy for ya! Nothing like that on the wet side of our state. Should put a dent in the freezer. See ya in a couple weeks.

Brian

EDIT... match in 12 days, not a couple weeks! I'll take Earl and Dana as spotter and score keeper again. good people!

Last edited:
Me too! 5 days and counting. Weather forecast changed a bit... no rain or winds, well maybe a little. Looks to be a bit more mellow than last shoot. Maybe we'll get lucky and the winds will pick up a bit! lol.

Thanks Doug and Family for a great Series...
Thanks to the RO's and support crew...
Great two day Final Event with Challenging stages ...
Looking forward to next years Series ...
Great to meet some new faces ...
See you at the next match !!!

Doug - give Ruby, the badass pup, a Hug and tell her sorry I didn't get to hook her up with some smoked elk ...

Stroh

Last edited:
I had a great weekend shooting with everyone! Congrats to Clint on his win this weekend, next time I'll try a little harder to beat you.

Doug, thanks for putting on a fun and challenging match in such an awesome location.
Thanks to all of the ROs and other competitors that made the weekend a fun and relaxing time.

I'm in on any future shoots you have going.

1+

Thanks again Doug and the RO's. Great match! Saw a lot of great shooting this weekend! I'll post up a link in a few days soon as I upload the video I got. Can't wait for the next series to start. I'll be in for the whole series next year!

Brian

I would like to express a huge thanks to all the participants that shot the match, Big thanks to my sponsors, RO's, family and friends for the help! Scores for the match are listed. Total Possible Points=229
Clint Sharp=180
Kevin Dittoe=164
Micheal Furrur=159
Eric Stroh=158
Steve Lawrence=155
Bill Bland=147
Keith Mcbeth=142
Ken Hagen=139
Adam Cloaninger=139
Nick Gardarzi=135
Dan Huber=125
Art Krumm=116
Mike Teegarden=115
Brian Knox=110
Aaron Knight=105
Beau Clemons=104
Jeff Laybourne=94
Demetrio Montoya=70
Kirk Davidson=68
nightforce.pnghornady-ammunition-logo.jpgSMW-logo-sm_400x300.jpgmy custom event.jpgc90704f51bab5344ad7807b6f84cc3dc.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes, almost at the bottom for me time to pick up bow and arrow maybe I'll do a little better with that. Thanks Doug for good match!!

I would like to express a huge thanks to all the participants that shot the match, Big thanks to my sponsors, RO's, family and friends for the help! Scores for the match are listed. Total Possible Points=229
Clint Sharp=180
Kevin Dittoe=164
Micheal Furrur=159
Eric Stroh=158
Steve Lawrence=155
Bill Bland=147
Keith Mcbeth=142
Ken Hagen=139
Adam Cloaninger=139
Nick Gardarzi=135
Dan Huber=125
Art Krumm=116
Mike Teegarden=115
Brian Knox=110
Aaron Knight=105
Beau Clemons=104
Jeff Laybourne=94
Demetrio Montoya=70
Kirk Davidson=68
View attachment 51437View attachment 51438View attachment 51439View attachment 51438View attachment 51440

Doug,
Thank you and thank everyone involved in putting this shoot together it was a great success and I'm already looking forward to next year , hats off to all the shooters.:)

Thank you for the series... I wish I could have made the last and final.... Elk camp was calling.
11j4qiq.jpg

Awesome match and awesome people to hang around with. This was a fun series and great final. Clint did an outstanding job winning the series and final...

Thanks for the pics guys! I have a ton of video, mostly of my squad, but got some with Demetrio's squad(Eric too with Doug spotting). I'll get it posted hopefully this weekend. Got to encode the video first. It'll be pretty big files, tried to get peoples whole station shoot at a time(4-6 min clips). I also got a team shooting, can't remember the guys name, but he rode with Clint.
The older guy, doesn't talk much, looks like he just climbed out of an old M.A.S.H. episode.yeah, that guy. Anyways, video should be up in a couple days...

Brian

The older guy, doesn't talk much, looks like he just climbed out of an old M.A.S.H. episode.yeah, that guy. Anyways, video should be up in a couple days...

Brian, now is that any way to talk about your elders?

old guy? MASH episode...LMAO!! Yep CPL Clinger rode with me both days!! haha

Clint

Love the pics from Demetrio. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your video Brian.

Wanted to pile on with others to thank Doug and the ROs and all the other behind the scenes volunteers who made this such a fun event. I definitely plan on being a regular for the next series.

Under the circumstances, I'd have to say yes. I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys out there in the spring. Hopefully I'll be shooting better by then!

Brian

Under the circumstances, I'd have to say yes. I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys out there in the spring. Hopefully I'll be shooting better by then!

Brian

Hey Brian, I know who that old boy is, he may look like a throwback from the MASH set, but WTF he had 50% more hits than you! "Under the circumstances" you may want to stop judging on appearances and take some notes on performance, because he beat you like a Red Headed Mule!

Hey Brian, I know who that old boy is, he may look like a throwback from the MASH set, but WTF he had 50% more hits than you! "Under the circumstances" you may want to stop judging on appearances and take some notes on performance, because he beat you like a Red Headed Mule!

It's all good. .. just messing with him. Lol. That whole team shot really good, better than most. With shooters like that, your safe to say it's not just the rifle. With those guys shooting out there, future matches will be tough, but a fun challenge. And I know he beat me like a red headed mule. It's this damn red Irish hair I'm cursed with!

It's all good. .. just messing with him. Lol. That whole team shot really good, better than most. With shooters like that, your safe to say it's not just the rifle. With those guys shooting out there, future matches will be tough, but a fun challenge. And I know he beat me like a red headed mule. It's this damn red Irish hair I'm cursed with!

Hahahaha, I had no idea you had red hair! The competition is getting tougher and tougher... In this game, you will never know who is on top, one gust of wind, one bad position, can blow the match...

The competition is getting tougher and tougher... In this game, you will never know who is on top, one gust of wind, one bad position, can blow the match...

^^^ This ... forgetting to take your dialed wind off after the mover ... MIGHT have done that ....

Last edited:
Hahahaha, I had no idea you had red hair! The competition is getting tougher and tougher... In this game, you will never know who is on top, one gust of wind, one bad position, can blow the match...
You guys missed one like shoot somebody else's target, or wrong target will put your way down the list!!

You guys missed one like shoot somebody else's target, or wrong target will put your way down the list!!

Shocking, this happens just learn from it, I have done it as have many others. I think it was in the Athens Olympics, a great American shooter (matt Emmons) was a cinch for the Gold. During the finals he crossfired and shot the target of a shooter several spaces over... He immediately went from 1st place, Gold Medal Olympic Hero to 8th and someone that people will referrence for generations...

Well the goatee shows a little red left. But I keep the dome buzzed to hide the red and the grey! Anyways, i can't blame my performance on the wind. It was all me. Doug's 700 had that NXS on it and my Falcon has opposite wind directions on the turrets. I knew it, but kept dialing the wrong way! Pissed me off all day everytime I did it. Then shocking300 gave me a bit of advice and I taped the turret to keep me from screwing up! Thanks again shocking, I owe ya big time.

Even after that, yet another amateur move... was dialed for the paper targets on Sunday and forgot to dial for KYL. Screwed the pooch on that one too! After all that I knew my score was shot to hell and focused on video of other squads. Video is encoded ready for upload. I'll have them online this weekend! Looks to be good HD video with bad to fair audio with the wind out there.

Next match, please take it a bit easier on me. Try to beat me lighter like a red headed step child, not a red head mule. I'd be cool with that. After all, my mom did re-marry so I was a red head step child for a while. lol. Keep shootin straight.

Brian

Northwest Precision Steel Series Challenge ( south spokane Washington)shoot ...

I finally got a video posted of a match AAR on YouTube.

S1 - 14 - Match Debrief: NW Precision Steel Series Challenge

Steve attended the 2014 Northwest Precision Steel Series Challenge Match. This video is the match After Action Review (AAR) that presents a stage by stage debrief and analysis of this two day event. This is a relatively new venue in Western Washington for long range tactical precision matches and my assessment is this a fantastic place to come out and shoot. If you are in the Northwest and looking for a great place to attend a LR precision tactical match, you should definitely plan to check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQU6vbSdV9A&sns=em

6.5 Guys Facebook page is at: https://www.facebook.com/sixfiveguys/info
6.5 Guys YouTube channel is at: https://www.youtube.com/user/65guys/videos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow all of you guys with the awesome camera gear . Great job on your video Steve.

Does anyone know when or if the plan to have another series?

Steve, thanks for the video! That's awesome. good job editing there. I'm gonna upload my clips soon, got some of you too. encoded to WMV format, just raw clips of the shooters. I use my cell phone for internet, so just need to get on wi-fi to upload 10 gigs! Well, 20 or so clips adds up.lol.

Steve,, damn good shooting out there! Maybe you can give me a lesson on how not to choke. See you at the spring opener!

Ok shooters! Working on getting some dates for next years series, going to try and have six series shoots with a finalist shoot at the end again, looking to start last weekend of February 2015 and weather will be a hit or miss!(HA HA) I have to talk with all the other match directors in the area and far away as I do not want to conflict with any other matches! I will push to have them the last Saturday of every month! Keep checking back! Thanks again to all that made this year a huge success!

Doug