• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler 168 gr bthp anyone?

Re: Nosler 168 gr bthp anyone?

The thread "Bedding Question" under the Gunsmithing Forum has an OCW that was shot with 168 grain Nosler BTHP.

The Nosler 168 Blems outshoot SMK 1st's in my LRS.

The seconds do shot well. In the OCW, if you ignore the horizonal due to wind and look at the variation in elevation, the 10 three shot groups averaged 0.4 MOA at 300 yards. If you look at the center to center of each group, which was influenced by the wind, the 10 groups averaged 1.0 MOA. Not bad. This was for a 300 WM.

they're good. better than smk and comparable to a-max in my experience. wish they came in 178gr instead of 175.

I have been playing with the 168 nosler CC in two 308's, factory Remington 26" and factory FN SPR 24". In both rifles they shoot well (under moa) but not as tight as I have gotten matchkings. But for the price I paid for 1000 of them I am not going to complain
wink.gif
. I have been loading them with varget between 45 and 46 gains seems to be a sweet spot, also another seems to be around 43.5 if top speed is not needed.

I did a test between the Sierra's and the Nosler's and they were found to perform the same.

I shot 10 rounds (5 of each), thrown into a bag and picked out at random then fired. All printed into the same hole.

I'm waiting to do the same with the Nosler 175's.

I was shooting 168 SMK, but bought 250ct Noslers to try. I liked them enough to get a 1000ct.
WLR primer 45.5 Varget 2.810 .030 off the lands
Have used 46grs BL-C2 with good results.

For those that like the Nosler 168 HPBT, I just saw them in an ad paper for $176.71 per 1,000 bulk pack. They don't say they are seconds or match. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say any more information about them, since they're not sponsors. They are in the
midsouth.

Seekers

wow, $17.67 per hundred? did we slip back in time 5 years? seems i need to go place an order and start prepping a 168gr load
grin.gif

I shoot the Nosler 168 Custom Comp bullets only. A couple of months back I tested the nosler and SMK 168's in 4 of my tactical rifles, and could not find any differance between the 2 bullets. I bought a 1000ct box 2 months ago, and just ordered 3 more, so I have some on hand.