• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Nosler 7mm SAUM brass...

Re: Nosler 7mm SAUM brass...

I called Nosler Friday and the brass won't hit the market until late spring or early summer
cry.gif
I've got a 7 Saum being built also...Couldn't stand it any longer. I have already received the new 7mm Berger Hybrids though!! NICE
laugh.gif

Are you sure that Nosler is really made by NORMA? I think that was true or claimed to be when Nosler started producing brass. But since then, I've heard it was made by others and the quality wasn't up to par. Can't speak from personal experience, but read about it. LOL.

I have 100 pcs of R-P that was within 2 grains by weight. Pretty good for 65cent brass. I also have 200 Norma 300 SAUM necked to 7mm and turned setting back until I have a good load / velocity worked up in the R-P brass.

Just wanted you to know that there was at least rumors about Nosler brass not being Norma. You do the research.

If it is true, I may be buying some. Of course, I can now get R-P for 59 cents shipped. I hate to lose $1+ brass if I can help it.

BLK7

Mine's a hammer. Built on a Rem700 s/a, barrel & action work by Leo Schnell, stock bedding & rings/base by Iron Bridage. Shoots 162 AMAX's very well. Flat & fast bullets...

Yeah DadEO, I am using a Remington 700 Long action for the 7mmSaum. Planning on trying the 180 Berger Hybrids first and then the Hornady A-Max. The Hybrids should be less sensitive to seating depth etc per the earlier reviews. We'll see....

DadEO and Centrefire1, i myself have been contemplating using a LA for a 7mmSAUM build... will probably just stick with SA in the long run.

Only benefit i can see of LA, is being able to load long as possible.

I think i will base my build around Alpha Type 4 mags

Apparently both of you have read the same thing I have about people having trouble shooting 7mm with the longer COL . I too want to start with the 180’s and I want to also try the new Wildcat 200 grain 7mm with the 9+ BC. My only concern is a “ Short “ round in a long action mag. I am concerned about the rounds moving inside the mag because of the recoil. I also went to the long action so that IF I decide to another caliber I wont be limited to “Short Rounds”

I am using the Nosler Custom brass in my 300 SAUM and I love the fact that it is pre prepped and sorted. I did not like the price at first but now I could care less. Of course I still would get pissed if I lost a piece!!

tater

i have found that the rem brass is really pretty good
im using mine in a sav mod 10 the 162 amax are amazing and fast
also in my barrel, benchmark, they can be loaded to shoot out of a mag
just got the 180 vld to shoot well but they are never going to shoot out of a sa mag...imho

cant wait to try the nosler brass it worked really well in 223

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DadEO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently both of you have read the same thing I have about people having trouble shooting 7mm with the longer COL . I too want to start with the 180’s and I want to also try the new Wildcat 200 grain 7mm with the 9+ BC. My only concern is a “ Short “ round in a long action mag. I am concerned about the rounds moving inside the mag because of the recoil. I also went to the long action so that IF I decide to another caliber I wont be limited to “Short Rounds” </div></div>

New wildcat? Please do tell
laugh.gif