• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Nosler Accubond LR

anthonylapoint

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2011
central CT
I'm looking at Noslers website and various others and it seems Nosler has some bullets with really good BC. However, limited results, I have read that they may not be as accurate as Hornady Amax, Berger vld or Sierra Smk. I understand they are new but figured some have shot these at long enough ranges to come up with a conclusion besides the fact they are really fucking expensive. Are they really $56/100?

Please, post any results you may have and any loads/load tips. Don't know if I can justify the price compared to an amax.

FYI, I'm building a 284 and so 7mm results would make me even more happy.

Thanks

I'm looking at Noslers website and various others and it seems Nosler has some bullets with really good BC. However, limited results, I have read that they may not be as accurate as Hornady Amax, Berger vld or Sierra Smk. I understand they are new but figured some have shot these at long enough ranges to come up with a conclusion besides the fact they are really fucking expensive. Are they really $56/100?

Please, post any results you may have and any loads/load tips. Don't know if I can justify the price compared to an amax.

FYI, I'm building a 284 and so 7mm results would make me even more happy.

Thanks

I have shot a lot of them and they are very good. The BCs are a tad off here and there, but IMHO, no more than the others. Yes, they are expensive. They are a premium bonded hunting bullet. What you really want to be looking at is the Nosler Custom Competition. The 7mm is a 168 with a BC of .520. They run about $30/100. I have been shooting them in .223, 6.5, 7mm and .30 caliber for a little over a year now. I am very pleased with them. I like SMKs, Bergers and Hornady just fine as well, but in some of my rifles, the Nosler CCs give me the best results.

Thanks Mark, ill have to give them a try eventually. In 6.5cm, which ill be shooting as well, they seem on par with all the rest price and bc wise. In 7mm, they are down on bc compared to hornady 162 bthp (.610) or sierra 180 smk's (.660) but if the nosler shoots better, who cares, I can deal with the 1/10th difference at 1000

Accubond LR (Long Range) $56 for 100? That's cheap cheap! Sure it wasn't for a box of 50?

I stand corrected. Just didn't seem normal. Guess I was used to a 50 count box, which was around $30. So I guess that's about the normal price.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/149294/nosler-accubond-long-range-bullets-284-caliber-7mm-284-diameter-175-grain-bonded-spitzer-boat-tail-box-of-100

Last edited:
What you really want to be looking at is the Nosler Custom Competition. The 7mm is a 168 with a BC of .520.

I don't know about anyone else but I built a .284 so that I could take advantage of bullets with BC's in the .600+ range. :)

.520 I could just about do with my .308.