• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler CC's

chawk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Eastern Shore, MD
For those of you that have been using the Nosler custom comp bullets for a while, did you notice any difference in performance when they stopped using the J4 jackets? I am thinking about trying these out but haven't been able to find much on the newer bullets w/o the j4 jackets. Will probably just stick with SMK's but I am curious about the Noslers.

Thanks.

Re: Nosler CC's

I switched tp CC's from sierra for the 160&175's in 30 cal. I love them, they shoot a bit faster than the sierra's, same accuracy, and a lot cheaper.

I shoot the 168s and like them. However, I've never tried anything else, so I can't compare.

I plan on trying the 77s when I start working up loads for 223. Already have 70VLD and 73BT Berger and 77SMK to try. They're just hard to find in stock locally.

The 168s shoot great in my 308. I shoot more Amaxs, but the CCs actually shoot better groups at close range. Under 500yrds.

Shoot them in 6 Dasher and 6mm RAT, little better BC than 105 A-max and shoot just as well. Plan to use them for a while.