• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Not tactical in the least my Kimber 82G bench rest rifle

usmcchet9296

Sergeant
Minuteman
Well I finished my Kimber
well kinda finished
painted it and didnt wait for it to totally dry before I put it in its guncase and the foam left imprints on one side so I will have to sand and re-paint one side
its OK it forces me to fix some other small mistakes
From this

Kimber 82G with Weaver T36 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Buy this stock, sand sand sand repeat sand ....oh yeah I had to widen the barrel channel bed and pillar

Untitled by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Paint

First coat of candy purple by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Paint some more and you get this

IMG_0160 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

IMG_0162 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

IMG_0161 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

and here is my other 82G
I recently installed a new Iris and clear globe inserts

IMG_0163 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

IMG_0165 by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice, how does it shoot? I find that rimfire can be irritating at times but when you find a good rifle and ammo combo it is quite enjoyable...

So finally took my Kimber out and ran it thru its paces
decided to test some ammo even though i usually use SK s+ or Wolf
I was using a Caldwell fire control rest and rear bag
First off was 25 yards
First was Agilla golden eagle

Kimber 82BR by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Not bad but nothing to write home about
Next was Rermington "target"

I guess "target" meant that if you got it on the target that was good enough....didnt waste my time anymore with that ammo. I will "donate" it to my son's scout troop.
Next was SK standard plus. It grouped good but not great. 25 yards this gun should be a one hole gun.

Eley Target looks about the same as SK

Next took it to 50 with only SK and ELEY but first I cleaned the bore
they gun was used prior to converting it to bench to qualify Boy Scouts with there rifle shooting merit badge and had a few hundred rounds thru it with cheap bulk ammo and the bore you could barely see thru it.

Eley opened up more than I expected but this also could have need because at the range I shoot at (Angeles shooting range) there is a bad cross wind at 50 and it was late in the afternoon so there was also ground effect from the heat.

Sk was equally as bad ...I know it can shoot better so Im calling 50 a wind and heat issue and will try again when I can shoot on a cooler less windy day.
Here are so other targets at 50 shot with SK and Eley

Last up was 100 yards. Most groups were within 1 inch which was acceptable but the amazing thing is that they were within 1 inch and that was when I had a strong back to front wind and it was every bit of 90 degrees at 1 pm. With a proper barrel balancer this gun should settle in to be a decent shooter

Nice shooting, but I can't stop thinking about your USMC blanket on post #6. I'm sure it has a few stories...LOL, Semper Fi brother.