• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not the brightest thing I have done in a while

chrisdx3

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
ohio
So last night I heard a noise out front of my house so I took a look out the window. There was a car across the street that was pulling out of a parking lot with no lights on. Which I thought was odd so I kept watching the car as it turned into the alley next to my house. I then saw brake lights but didn't have a good view from where I was at so I moved to the back window. When I got to the back window to my amazment the car was now in my back yard right next to the shed. I ran down stairs and without thinking at all or grabing a weapon I rushed out the door slaming it behind me. At that moment I saw someone running down the alley away from my house I started dialing my cell phone to call 911. I then began to chase the guy down the alley while I was on the phone with the 911 operator. I ended up loosing the guy when he went around a corner, but after I got back to my place still on the phone with 911. I started to think about how stupid that was to actually chase the guy. Long story short the car was stolen and as far as I know they did not catch the guy.

Re: Not the brightest thing I have done in a while

Yep.

First Sgt Jack Record taught me a lesson about that years ago.

They came into our AO and attacked, I slipped out and came around and chased them down, they had an ambush waiting.

Lesson learned.

Same applies here to you - you corner that guy and what has he got to lose - you end up dead.

Not worth it, gangbangers don't forget.

Shoulda just set up on the car. Like huntin over a feeder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoulda just set up on the car. Like huntin over a feeder. </div></div>

He never said the car was gone when he got back. Was it?

And ya, next time grap SOMETHING on the way out.

No the car was in the lawn until the cops came and collected eveidence and then towded it.

Yeah, at least you learned the lesson without anything bad coming from it.