• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not your Vudoo......

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Perhaps it was your Great Grandfathers though....

4620.jpg
    46201.jpg

.22s......unforgiving, humbling little bastards.....

46202.jpg

46203.jpg

I'd like to blame my government subsidized, white cheese box ammo but its the shooter...

46204.jpg

Why is it still okay to shame shooters with white box ammo?

Isnt it my right to get government subsidized match ammo?

I believe I have one box of that ammo left actually ?

Its fun plinking ammo. A no brainer to hand the kids and let them have all the fun they want.

I think i bought 3 cases when that stuff came on sale at CMP.

Ive got some boxes of "match" ammo Ill have to try someday.

Reactions: Geno C.
    Nice rifle!! I just posted in the rimfire section about resurrecting a low numbered 03 as a 22lr.
    Too much fun to shoot. I think I might have a brick of that stuff laying around somewhere too!

It really is an amazing piece of engineering in the M2 bolt.........taking all those 03 parts and coming up with an elegant solution to shoot .22.

Was not a cheap rifle to build.

Looked up that service rifle config .22 post....great looking rifle.

@cplnorton has a Numrich conversion and has shot his very nice 03s using it.

I think mine will shoot better.

Pretty high round count right now since last cleaning, need to get some lead remover going.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Flint62a1
    Its fun plinking ammo. A no brainer to hand the kids and let them have all the fun they want.

I think i bought 3 cases when that stuff came on sale at CMP.

Ive got some boxes of "match" ammo Ill have to try someday.
    You need to put some Federal Blue Box down that pipe. Groups will tighten right up.? ...fixed it ha ha

Last edited:
    Reactions: pmclaine
    Now that ya got both @pmclaine , what do you think about the Garand vs M1A? Ive heard several folks say the Garand has a certain "magic"/better feel to it that the M1A/M14 just doesn't/can't replicate.. thoughts? Not sure if its the shorter gas system or what exactly they mean in saying that.

Now that ya got both @pmclaine , what do you think about the Garand vs M1A? Ive heard several folks say the Garand has a certain "magic"/better feel to it that the M1A/M14 just doesn't/can't replicate.. thoughts? Not sure if its the shorter gas system or what exactly they mean in saying that.

Im not in agreement with those folks........

Reactions: sandwarrior