• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

'Nother guy new to bolt guns

Asiparks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2010
Portland, Or
only had this a short while, bought it used on one of the forums, popped an IOR 3.5-18 in IOR low rings on it...
Taken it out just 3 times so far, but really, really starting to grow on me. Very much enjoying learning from the info posted in the stickies here.
As soon as I make a 5 shot group that doesn't embarrass me, I'll post it up....

web.jpg

web.jpg

Re: 'Nother guy new to bolt guns

Nice stick. What are the specs on it?

Savage 10 in a McM A5 (from the factory). 24in 1:10 twist, Karsten Cheek piece, Badger base and VTAC rings. IOR 3.5-18x50 with a 35mm tube.. MIL/MIL. how far off am I?

The forums say 5 shot groups... well if you don't brag about them and ask for information on them they should be fine to post. If you're bragging about a .1 Moa 3 shot group then you will get flamed. I don't see any problem with posting 3 shot groups asking for info on what needs to be fixed.

Ps: Nice rifle also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage 10 in a McM A5 (from the factory). 24in 1:10 twist, Karsten Cheek piece, Badger base and VTAC rings. IOR 3.5-18x50 with a 35mm tube.. MIL/MIL. how far off am I? </div></div>

other than the base being an EGW 20 moa, you nailed it....

yeah, all my 3 shot groups were .2 moa, but i know y'all need 5 shot groups so I, er, my dog ate them.....
whistle.gif

lol haha it's all good

I think the rule is that if you post three shot groups you have to post more than a couple. I've posted targets depicting four, three shot groups on one sheet and didn't have any problems. I think the spirit of the rule is to prevent people from posting three shot groups that don't indicate anything except that the shooter got lucky once. If you post a series of three shot groups that reflect consistency (or lack thereof) it will be ok.

Nice stick by the way. I got bitten by the bolt gun bug four or five months ago. I was nuts about ARs before that. I just sold my last precision AR to buy another bolt gun.

Congrats on the rifle. Let us see how it shoots for you.