• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske .300 BLK Load Test (with lots of Douche'ee Pics)

EricCartmann

Hobbyist among Operators
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Mom's Basement
Cartmann learns a lot here on SnipersHide, what he learned this week is people who buy Larue Rifles and put NightForce Optics on it are Douches. Cartmann does not have a Laure Rifle, but he thought he would try to outdo those Larue guys....

Cartmann figured a bigger douche would be a guy with Noveske Rifle, that wears a Black Noveske Hat that has a Big Red Noveske Roll Mark on it, and some Oakley Glasses with Yellow Grommets on the side... does this out-douche the Larue guys? I hope so!
IMG_2713-vi.jpg

The Specs:
- Noveske Complete Lo-Profile 300 BLK, 16", Pistol Length Gas System
Novekse 416 SS Barrel
Noveske Marked SWS rails
Noveske Marked Troy Sites
Noveske Marked Vltor Muir Upper Receiver
Noveske Marked BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
YHM 5/8x24" Flash-Hider/Silencer-Mount
- Aimpoint Micro H1
- American Defense Micro Mount
- CMT Billet Lower Receiver
- Gissele S3G Trigger
- White Oak Lower Parts Kit(minus trigger)
- Magpul ACS-L Stock
- DSA Buffer Tube Kit
- Krylon Fusion Satin Black paint for mag, pistol grip, and butt stock
- THE RAIDER SEAL OF APPROVAL (Certified, Labeled and Marked)
IMG_2610-vi.jpg

Can never have enough Noveske Logos
IMG_2611-vi.jpg

Here is what it looks like next to a 16" hardly ever used .450 Bushmaster. Cartmann plans to use the .450 Bushmaster when he draws for the New Hampshire Moose Lottery.
IMG_2660-vi.jpg

IMG_2662-vi.jpg

Pics of the Loads
IMG_2707-vi.jpg

A 5.56NATO round next to the .300BLK for comparison
IMG_2705-vi.jpg

At the Range.. In short, this rifle, the loads, and the Magazine (HK and Lancers) had no issues today (fired 70 rounds total).
IMG_2711-vi.jpg

Only HK Mags and Lancer Mags were used on this day. Cartmann noticed PMAGs have a big rib down he middle that rubs against the bigger .308 bullet if the OAL is too long. The 208gr AMAX were rubbin! This might have affected feeding.
IMG_2709-vi.jpg

Did not do any accuracy testing. Just zero'd and chrono'd. Cartmann wanted to make sure he aims exactly down the middle of the chrono each time for consistency, as well as avoid shooting the chrono.
IMG_2708-vi.jpg

Now for the Load Data...

Every single round of Cartmann's loads cycled properly and bolt held open after the last round.

Supersonic Load
- 147gr FMJ
- 2.14" OAL (seated the bullet in the middle of the cannelure)
- CCI 400 Primers
- Mixed Brass
- No Crimp
- No Silencer
- AA1680 Powder 19.5gr: Mean Average (FPS - 10 shot average) - 1911
- AA1680 Powder 20.0gr: Mean Average (FPS - 10 shot average) - 1932
- AA1680 Powder 20.5gr: Mean Average (FPS - 10 shot average) - 1965
- AA1680 Powder 21.0gr: Mean Average (FPS - 10 shot average) - 2024

Subsonic Load
- 208gr AMAX
- 2.19" OAL (the 208 gr AMAX is very long, did not want to go lower than 2.19" as I did not want to seat past the shoulder)
- CCI 400 Primers
- Mixed Brass
- No Crimp
- YHM SS Silencer attached
- AA1680 Powder 9.0gr: Mean Average (FPS - 5 shot average) - 767 (Yes amazingly every round cycled and bolt held open after the last round)
- AA1680 Powder 10.0gr: Mean Average (FPS - 5 shot average) - 974
- AA1680 Powder 10.5gr: Mean Average (FPS - 5 shot average) - 1058 (fastest one was 1074)
- AA1680 Powder 11.0gr: Mean Average (FPS - 5 shot average) - 1110 (every single shot fired was above 1100fps)

For the 147gr FMJ, Cartmann is going to load up about 500 rounds with 20.5gr AA1680 and plink and play with that for awhile. At 1965fps average, it gets the velocity he wants and is "hot enough" for him. Let's see how well it does for accuracy.

For Subsonic and 208gr AMAX, it looks like 10.5gr of AA1680 is the ticket!

What does Cartmann think of Matt Schaub?

How does yhm can work on the blackout?

Last edited:
You way ​out douched them with the raiders (note lower case "r") emblem....

the rest of the review was nicely done.
Nice looking rig.

Last edited:
What does Cartmann think of Matt Schaub?

How does yhm can work on the blackout?

Not big on him. Cartmann still has high hopes for McGloin and would like to see him get one more chance, but this time over a stretch of 4 games.

The AAC flash hider was replaced right before the range trip. See the rifle pic at the range, you can see the Y ham mount there.

Relax grasshopper, your mere presence outdouches the LaDouche fanboys (and that is saying something) and the black crewcab Titan gives extra douchepoints. Well done good and faithful DBag!

Relax grasshopper, your mere presence outdouches the LaDouche fanboys (and that is saying something) and the black crewcab Titan gives extra douchepoints. Well done good and faithful DBag!

thanks! I needed to hear that. I was started to feel I am not Douche enough for all you cool kids around here. You guys are awesome.

How do you pronounce this "Noveske"? Is it like "La-Ru-Ee"? Or? Nice looking rig and thanks for the load data. Where are you getting the bullets?

How do you pronounce this "Noveske"? Is it like "La-Ru-Ee"? Or? Nice looking rig and thanks for the load data. Where are you getting the bullets?

I have a boatload of 147gr FMJ that I bought from Grafs, Wideners, and PV about 6-8 years ago. The 208gr AMAX I just picked up from Midway.

I have no clue of the proper pronunciation. Myself and Everyone that I have encountered, pronounce it No-Ves-Ski

The guy at Brownells pronounces it Nova-Seki LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcnhVaC3E4c

Last edited:
Nice review.
I was wanting to try something similar. Have you ever tried doing your own off of one the the 80% lowers? I have a itch of trying one. Does anyone know which would match that upper?

Nice review.
I was wanting to try something similar. Have you ever tried doing your own off of one the the 80% lowers? I have a itch of trying one. Does anyone know which would match that upper?

No urge for me to do a 80% lower.

Designated Douche at the Rifle Range -
Matching Red/Black/White Noveske Ball Cap with Matching Red/Black/White Oakley's... and 4 set of Oakley Lenses for Different Lighting Conditions

IMG_18251024x768-vi.jpg