• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Noveske 6.5 creedmoor

black max

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2012
    world wide
    Anybody reloading for a 20" 1:8 noveske? Just got it and I'm looking for somewhere to start. I have hornady brass, 142 smk's, 140 Berger vld's, h4350 and cci 250's. I've read lots of post but it's all bolt gun loads. Never loaded anything for a gasser, will the OCW be close? I also noticed there is no crown on the barrel. How much will that effect accuracy? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
    Sounds like a nice package... is it just the upper from Noveske or is it the entire rifle? Where did you get it, if you don't mind the question?

In my experience w/ loading for gassers, you have to be double careful with the brass you use. You need to be 100% certain all the pieces will chamber w/out issues. If they are a tad tight you run the risk of short cycling, i.e. even if a round is stripped from mag, it doesn't pull it 100% into the chamber (especially if the pressure is on the low side), and you can get Failure to Fires as a result. So double check everything, and make sure you are using virgin brass or brass that has only been fired in that AR. Also gassers will beat the crap out of brass, much harder than bolts.

H4350 is a great powder choice. Any bullet will work equally well in the gasser as it does in bolt. Be prepared to loss 25fps to MV from the direct impingment cycle.

Best of luck with that new Noveske.

I acquired it through a trade. It was put together from a factory armalite ar10. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I loaded up a bunch of different charges and will be testing them tomorrow.

Isn't anybody loading the 6.5cm for a gasser? I had a 1/2 moa 8 shot group with 41 grains of h4350 and 140 hunting vld's and cci 250 mag primers but can't get it to duplicate the results?

Sounds like YOU need to work a load up for YOUR rifle. Nobody here can tell you what your rifle likes and will shoot well. If you shot a good group with said load and can't duplicate it then you either can't shoot or reload well. My guess would be both. Best of luck!

Sounds like YOU need to work a load up for YOUR rifle. Nobody here can tell you what your rifle likes and will shoot well. If you shot a good group with said load and can't duplicate it then you either can't shoot or reload well. My guess would be both. Best of luck!
    Just looking for a good starting point without wasting a bunch of components. Thanks for your opinion and input, douche.

Probably have better luck looking in the semi-auto forum. Seems most auto 6.5CMs like the 120s as the 140s start causing primer problems, at least that's what Ive gathered reading through the threads trying to decide whether to go 6.5 or 308 in a mega mkm build. Varget is the goto powder for 120s and H4350 for 140s. Cant help you on data as I haven't reloaded for that caliber yet.

Thank you slow. I have gone as far as 42.5 with h4350 before I saw any pressure signs so I'm fairly confident I can find a load with the 140's. It's an ar10 so the benefit of a smaller diameter firing pin is on my side. No comment Jeff, I'll leave them for you... Thanks

Thank you slow. I have gone as far as 42.5 with h4350 before I saw any pressure signs so I'm fairly confident I can find a load with the 140's. It's an ar10 so the benefit of a smaller diameter firing pin is on my side. No comment Jeff, I'll leave them for you... Thanks
    You're welcome. This thread is actually very humorous to me. The fact that you can't work a load up and it's costing you time+money+components proves that karmas a bitch. Funny how you also post that you want to build/sell ar10 platform uppers when apparently you can't get this one to shoot. Good luck in your future endeavors!

You're welcome. This thread is actually very humorous to me. The fact that you can't work a load up and it's costing you time+money+components proves that karmas a bitch. Funny how you also post that you want to build/sell ar10 platform uppers when apparently you can't get this one to shoot. Good luck in your future endeavors!
    Since you want to continue your douche bag internet fight... I'm just curious what the moderators thought when you sent them our correspondence?

And what does machining have to do with reloading anyway??? Do you know anything about me or my background??? Leave it alone ass clown! You decided to ship something that I bought from you overnight without me agreeing to it. Why should I have to pay for it? I sent the funds just minutes after I posted "I'll take it" so it's not like I was jerking you around...

And that bedding job was total crap!!! Hopefully nothing ever happens to my bottom metal or I'll have to just scrap the whole damn thing as it is cemented into the stock.

Hey Black Max;
    Try looking at the 6.5 CM thread in the reloading section,
    I know its mostly bolt guns, but there are a couple of guys that shoots gassers,
    And they posted some data
    and they could be very helpfull
    I just buyld a 6.5 CM upper myself but haven't shot it yet
    So I don't know what to suggest yet, but I was told to keep it in 120-130gr
    good luck bud

Re: A3-5 mcmillan stock

*Originally Posted by*jeff1383

Hey boss send me your shipping address and I'll get it out via ups tomorrow night if I can confirm paypal payment.
    Thanks, Jeff

I'll take the atlas as well. I'll pay the difference for overnight I need it bad. Please ship to:
    Scott Bussell

Didn't feel the need to pm the mods. A man that's not true to his word is a piece of low life scum shit to me. I pity you.

Why didn't you post the one that says just ship it ground? Don't cherry pick the posts dude, if you want to air all this for the hide to see post them all?

Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry Jeff1383 being butt hurt fir a jack ass move he made although I'm sure most of you were entertained by it. I'm done with the senseless internet "fight" it's gay and I'm sorry for being a part of it. Thanks again.

Yea I spent $80.00 extra dollars for expedited shipping because I'm a nice guy. Fuck you and your new stock. There's a thread for donations for short bus in the bolt action thread. Be a man and donate what you OWE me to him and his wife. I'm done with you lil bitch. I pray you find the strength to follow my advice above.