• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske in Astan

Victory

Pagan Raider
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2005
Making bad guys nervous
Been using an 18" Noveske upper here for a while and just wanted to add my impressions so far.

By far the most accurate 5.56 semi I have ever owned. The first time I got to stretch its legs out I had 1st round hits out to 800m. There was no wind at the time which I am sure had a lot to do with it, but WOW is all I or my spotter could say.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems to not foul up as bad as my issue 14.5" issued upper. Even when I run a can on it, the fouling isn't too bad. So far I have had zero issues with any aspect of the upper and it has been through the ringer.

Just thought I would share a little with you guys since most reviews are just from the range. If anyone has any questions about it, Ill try to answer them when I can.

IMG_0095.jpg

Re: Noveske in Astan

Good to hear. Thanks for the picture and report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a Leupold 1-8 on it? </div></div>

Sure does look like the knobs for one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rchman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you're allowed to use your own upper? Is this military wide? </div></div>
No, but many of us had one sent to us, or we brought it, but the answer is no, only special units are able to do so and that is a thin line, enough said on that.

RCHMAN: No

Yeah its the CQBSS. I absolutely love the thing. It has taken a beating getting in and out of vehicles, drug through the mountains, and been blasted with more dirt and sand than a optic should. The glass is clearer than the MK4 that comes with our m110s also. The only bitch I have is with the M-TMR. I don't like that it has a .5 MRAD open center aperture.

Very cool pic. Good to hear re Noveske. There is a whole bunch of "Run Haadji" in that pic. Interesting about the Leupold, glad it's working well.
One thing about the Mid. East is it has made many military minds remember that it's good to keep a 300+ yard option on hand, in stock, ready to go, you will need it.
Have you spoken to any troops from the U.K. who use the LMT MWS? I've heard they like them.
Again, very cool pic.
Stay safe, Good Luck.

Mk 262 for ammo or something else?

WOW great pic. I have one in a Grendel, not doing what you are doing though. THANK YOU!!! for your service

Being that I am a trained observer myself, I would be interested in your thoughts on the new M24 in the background right behind the Barrett. Also some pics if you have any? Also any specs on them, it looks like it has a pretty short barrel, but it is a ways back in the picture. Stay safe and shoot them in the face!!

Thanks for the pics, report, and most of all, your service.

Nice observation Sean, I also observe a couple TAB GEAR SAS covers in the picture too.

Keep up the good work guys.

Great pix - thanks and thanks for your service.
You should send that photo over to the folks at Noveske, along w/ that AAR - they will appreciate it.

Yes that is the XM2010 hogstooth. It is one hell of a rifle and has become indispensable. I thought there would be some getting use to the rifle but it is so easy to shoot. The only issues we encountered so far is that we couldn't get two of them to group without the suppressor on. The AAC titanium cans make this thing whisper. We all agreed when we first fired them that it is defiantly quieter than our M110's with the knights suppressor on. It has basically no recoil to speak of and really gets out there for us. We don't even think about the m107's any more. The chassis is out standing so far, with length of pull and cheek adjustment. Also having the ability to fold the stock allows for more discrete carry in our packs(Mystery Ranch... no pack is better. We actually had to strap an ANA soldier into one to medivac him by foot off of the mountain). Barrel is 22" and fluted, overall balance is right on and is a delight to shoot.

Also Mr. Burkes suppressor covers really help keep that mirage down allowing more accurate follow ups. Thanks for a great product sir!

IMG_0146.jpg

KYS338: No it doesn't have a switchblock.

Victory, that is an OUTSTANDING picture! Thank you very much.

PM sent your way.

Can I use your picture as a screen background?! That is a cool picture!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I use your picture as a screen background?! That is a cool picture! </div></div> it became my screen background and it works great. Thanks Victory and stay safe.

I'm jealous: That looks like fun... the fresh air, the open skies, and plenty of rocks to climb.
cool.gif

Multicam looks like it works very well, especially in that second picture.

XM2010 with 34mm Leupold, M4 with Hk GLM nice rigs.

Thank you so much for your service and thank you for the report. It is very interesting to see these various rifles out in the field and hear about their performance there.

Thanks for the pics and the report on the Noveske Victory. They make a fantastic product.

Stay safe out there.

I will add another THANKS FOR YOUR SERvICE!

Wow, awsome that you guys got a serious set up with those rifles, good hunting, be smart and safe.

Tony's can covers are definately awsome too, I have a few of them, and I think my original one is still on my partners gun and still ticking even after I burned most of the nylon off the ends. Short mag got it a little hot.