• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NOW THAT IT'S MOUNTED

DocLes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
ARKANSAS
Now that I have the scope mounted I want to share the pics with you
DSCN0169.jpg

You will notice the rings are blued, that is because they are original Redfield rings that came with the scope.
DSCN0170.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

Now all I need is a MST date marked web sling, or a Boyt 1907 leather sling. Alsowould like to find is an original set of Vissing lens covers for the scope.

Reactions: camocorvette
Re: NOW THAT IT'S MOUNTED

That is just gorgeous! I have always had a weak spot for the old steel and walnut and it doesn't get any better than this.
If it shoots as good as it looks (and coming from Chuck I'm sure it will), this is a rifle to pass on to your children.

Thanks for sharing, I would love to see more pictures if you have them!

I am waiting for my M40A1 to get finished. Norm Chandler is in the process of building me one on a return stock. Next purchase is going to be a 1903 Marine Sniper. It's only money!

Yes, there is a thread right here on Snipers Hide that run's you through the build. Not to mention, there are a lot of guy's here that would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Doc Les

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, there is a thread right here on Snipers Hide that run's you through the build. Not to mention, there are a lot of guy's here that would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Doc Les </div></div>

I used my Google-fu and found the M40 build thread. Super informative. I'm looking to build a commemorative rifle as funds allow.

I found this on eBay today. I'm thinking about picking it up, though money is tight at the moment. Just, I like the green andonized version. Is there anyway I can get someone to coat it? Or is there someone making a replica?

eBay accu-range

I really like these older rifles. In fact, my 2nd rifle ever given to me and my current deer rifle is quite old. It's a Savage Model 45 Super Sporter in .30-06 with a 4 digit serial starting with a 2... As far as I can tell the rifle was made in the late 1920's and is the smoothest bolting rifle I have ever come across, ever. Amazingly, every man in my family since my great-grandfather has shot their first deer with it. Some time in the 1950's my great-someone put an El Paso Weaver K-4 on it. I still shoot and hunt with it, but I'm looking for another accurate rifle that I don't have as many sentimental attachments to. The M40 seems to fit the bill.

Anyways, thanks for the tips. You're rifle is beautiful. I can only hope my hack-job of a project will turn out half as nice.

Doc,
Rifle looks good. Are you going to change it anymore to make it more spec? I put a crusty old trigger on mine and flat blade safety. I had to modify my safety (bolt stop) to work with the newer action. Was pretty easy and doesnt look all hacked up if you do it right. You can do it at home. Here is a pic, this trigger is an old dual sear type that had the bolt stop safety. I modified it to work with this action.
Let me know if you want the step by step
315yb5u.jpg