• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

BLACKCELL

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
GA
I am interested in any info in regaurds to how this reticle works and performs. I am looking to hunt deer and have been presented with various distances ranging from 50 to 600 yards. Dont want to carry a range finder and dont have time for calcs, I do that at the bench. Oh, forgot to ask what power do you have to run in order for the ranges to be accurate.

Thanks.

Re: NP-RR1

Do you mean the NP-1RR?

If so, it is a "known size" based ranging reticle that works with deer based on an average deer brisket-to-shoulder size of approx 18". When viewing through the scope, a deer that is approx. 300yds away will have a brisket-to-shoulder that fits between the baseline of the scope and the top of the line (top of the circle) on the far right ranging area. The ranges increase by 100yds from 300yds out to 800yds moving from the far right to the far left ranging areas on the scope.

As for the power...you range with the scope on the highest power on the 15x and 22x model scopes and all the higher powered scopes range at the 22x magnification.

If you need a more detailed explanation, Nightforce used to put a PDF manual detailing each of their reticles on their website. I haven't looked in a while, but check their library.

Oops your correct it is 1RR. Thanks for the info i am a little closer. Does anyone on the site own one? I want to pull the trigger on buying this scope but I am having some apprehension. This is a perm big ticket item and I want the negatives and positives before i make a final decision.

The Velocity Reticle is NOT a ranging reticle. It is a ballistic reticle that gives you specific aiming points for known target ranges. It won't help you figure out what range your target is at...it will just give you a precise point on the reticle to hold once you know the range of your target.

I own 2 of the NP1-RR NXS. It is by far my favorite hunting reticle.

I have a NP-1RR in a Benchrest 8-32x56. I love the reticle & the scope. You can change the dimensions of the circles or aiming points by raising or lowering the power. Raising the power lowers the value so obviously you can only lower the power if you have a 22x (or less) scope and increase the value. This allows you to custom fit the reticle to your exact use.

I have this reticle in the 3.5-15 and the 5.5-22 and this is my favorite.

I do most of my ranging with laser, but it is nice to have this as a backup.

This is great news! I still want to know if anyone has used this scope and reticle combination in a hunting situation where a range was unknown. Please tell me how the scope proved to be accurate in the kill. Did it hit the mark that you assumed or was it off the mark? plus or minus if you will.

Oh, I would like to post my own Avatar but this is next to impossible. On my 6.8 and AR site it s as simple as cutting and pasting. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

I like my NP-1RR Reticle (NXS 5.5-22x50) but it will be leaving in favor of a Mil Dot. I'll probably put mine up for sale soon instead of having it switched out.

It is not a Zero Stop... hadn't thought about a price for it. Feel free to PM me if you have interest or want to fire an offer. I paid $1632 for it from Bear Basin.

It is in perfect shape and I have the box, etc... I'd say it is "Like New" but it has been mounted and I'm not sure of ring marks. It works pretty well though! LOL!! 32 rounds fired while looking through it on a Remington 700 5R.
2723160197_large.jpg