• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRA cucks out, drops lawsuit over San Francisco's "terrorist organization" designation.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • I am so glad that the NRA is here, always and constantly vigilant, fighting for our rights against statist politicians who are doing their damndest to destroy this republic.

Wait...

Wat...

----------
    The National Rifle Association dropped a lawsuit Thursday against the city of San Francisco for passing a measure that labeled the group a “domestic terror organization.”

“We’re pleased the NRA backed down on its frivolous lawsuit. This was a baseless attempt to silence San Francisco’s valid criticisms of the NRA and distract from the gun violence epidemic facing our country,” San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera said in a written statement to KTVU.

The NRA sued the city after lawmakers passed a measure classifying the Second Amendment advocacy group as a “terrorist organization.”

The city’s board of supervisors said the NRA is causing “an epidemic of gun violence” by using “its considerable wealth and organization strength to promote gun ownership and
    incite gun owners to acts of violence.” (
    anim_lol.gif
    LOLWUT? Listen dipshits, if gun owners were a violent bunch, you would have felt it long ago. Try to take our guns away and deprive us of the right and ability to protect those we love, however, you WILL not like our response one bit. Don't make us start seeing you as legit enemy invasion/occupation forces.)

The NRA called the measure a “stunt” and sued the city a week later for free speech infringement, accusing city officials of trying to ice the NRA out of the city.

After San Francisco Mayor London Breed told city departments the following month to disregard the board’s terrorist designation, the NRA called it a “clear concession” and declared itself victorious.
    NRA attorney William A. Brewer III said that despite its lawsuit withdrawal, the group believes this is a “victory.”

“Today the NRA withdrew its lawsuit in SF — and now celebrates the important victory it obtained on behalf of its members,” he said, according to KTVU. “As has been widely reported, after the Association challenged the unconstitutional resolution, the city beat a hasty retreat and backed down from its wildly illegal blacklisting scheme.

“The censors are on notice. The NRA will always fight for the Constitution, and will re-file if the city tries anything like this in the future,” he added.

Mr. Herrera said in his statement that “San Francisco will never be intimidated by the NRA”

“If the NRA doesn’t want to be publicly condemned for its actions, it should stop sabotaging common-sense gun safety regulations that would protect untold numbers of Americans every year, like universal background checks, an assault weapons ban, and restrictions on high-capacity magazines,” Mr. Herrera wrote.

----------

NRA always fighting for the Constitution??? They couldn't win if they fought themselves, which is all they had been doing for the past two years...
    smiley_freak.gif

This latest development pretty much shows just how cucked they have become.

I want to join a local range I really like. But one of the requirements is a standing membership in the NRA. I'm debating whether or not I want to join the range only because I don't want to rejoin the NRA. It's kinda chicken shit I won't just "join" but a man has to have some morals. :geek:

They called yesterday looking for $75 to support their MASSIVE on-air pro 2A campaign going on that night - "We're going to be all over the air waves tonight" he said.... told them to send me a mailer because no one gets my CC info over the phone. Watched all sorts of TV that night, saw nothing from the NRA. I'll be shredding that mail when it gets here.

Joining GOA ASAP.

NRA are corrupt politicians who scare you to fund them. You want someone to fight for your guns rights ??? Look in the mirror and either join or start a local militia . Membership fees are you buy your own ammo every year. Boots on the ground can do way more then douche bags with ties spending your membership fees living the high life with no measurable results, if the NRA did work then we wouldn't have any gun control but as you can see we do.

They also got outspent 8 to 1 in VA by Bloomberg’s “Everytown for Gun Confiscation” and are in dire need of an overhaul. Would be great to see them get back to basics and return to their core mission. It’s a shame.

I also joined GOA.

NRA are corrupt politicians who scare you to fund them. You want someone to fight for your guns rights ??? Look in the mirror and either join or start a local militia . Membership fees are you buy your own ammo every year. Boots on the ground can do way more then douche bags with ties spending your membership fees living the high life with no measurable results, if the NRA did work then we wouldn't have any gun control but as you can see we do.

I'd think carefully about what I put in print.

I encourage everybody here to drop their NRA membership. ASAP. Tell your friends.

If you already bought a lifetime membership, send it back. Be funny as fuck.

most ranges require it. It’s part of the insurance most ranges have through the NRA. it sucks as I have not found a range yet that didn’t require it. If I could afford it I’d go buy 10,000 acres and do my own thing but I ain’t rolling like that.

most ranges require it. It’s part of the insurance most ranges have through the NRA. it sucks as I have not found a range yet that didn’t require it. If I could afford it I’d go buy 10,000 acres and do my own thing but I ain’t rolling like that.
    Yea that sucks. Part of me died when I had to give the NRA money to be a “certified RSO” so I could reserve private ranges.

To those here that own ranges that require shooters to be NRA members... Fuck you too.

#FuckTheNRA

Makes me grateful for the little mom and pop range I found. Only 200 yards but it's only $40.00 a year and beyond the typical rules of good gun safety (and reduced hours during modern gun season) the only requirement is "No Cursing". Ellis, all I can say is thank you for your service and for giving me a nice place to shoot! I will add that I might have made out my membership check out for more. Ellis' wife tracked me down and told me "Dear, you over paid". No ma'am I didn't.

It sucks the NRA dropped out. Who is carrying the banner now? GOA? I'm a Life member of GOA as well, but they are sending a lot of scare tactics mail/email to drum up donations also. Are they in command now? We need some lobbying organization - without someone in Washington we are truly hosed.

I know this is a waste of time. There are those who are happy to 'jump on the bandwagon, and 'go off half-cocked', eager and willing to jump on the NRA, and also LE, by the way. But, please, once in a while try to make informed criticism. In this case, go to the NRA homepage and find the story dated October 4, 2019, entitled "San Francisco mayor waffles on NRA 'terrorist' designation". Read the damned story for yourselves. The mayor would not sign it, the attorneys would not support it, so the NRA dropped their lawsuit. There was no need to proceed. Sounds like a win, to me. Let the personal attacks begin...

I'm not saying the NRA/LE is perfect. What person or organization is? Are your children perfect? Your wife? No, but you love and support them anyway. Who would argue that the effect of the NRA is a net-negative? So, if they are a net-positive, it's important to support that. Support the GAO, and the rest. If there are issues you disagree with, work to change it, improve it; that's what adults do. It's painfully obvious that's not how the left operates. They're emotional and reactionary. Let's not be them.

Last edited:
    I don't know, every time I get an email from the NRA, they need more money to fight an impending disaster. It's always we need to raise (insert amount here) by midnight tonight to fight (insert impending disaster here).

When I see any of these folks, they are all in their $1000 suits. From the outside, they sure look like they are part of the DC problem, not the solution.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a life member and I have sent them a lot of money over the years, however it's time for them to get their internal affairs in order AND to start fighting and winning for 2A rights.

'Shall not be infringed'. Seems pretty straight forward doesn't it? It doesn't say Shall not be infringed a lot, or just for the children, or only if it's for the safety of others, or except on the second Tuesday of odd months.

It clearly states, without ambiguity, 'A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed'.

The NRA preys on the same fucking groups that the mega churches do. The elderly and the ignorant. That’s who falls for scare tactics and propaganda.

Combine that with the ranges/clubs that require NRA certifications/memberships/donations in order to shoot/work at their facility, and that’s how they make up the rest. No educated individual gets an email or call from them and goes “oh my gawd that’s terrible. Yes I’d like to help. Here’s my CC info.”

People want to talk about a DC swamp, the NRA is a thick part of that humid muck.

The real issue is lobbyists. Obviously the NRA is a big one, but the entire act of being a lobbyist is built around scumbag fuckery.

As a member, reluctantly, of the NRA, I always send the requests for money back properly filled out with a donation. Of course they get my juck mail in that envelope and sent without a return address or stamp. I drop it in a mailbox down the street a few miles at the post office.

The NRA preys on the same fucking groups that the mega churches do. The elderly and the ignorant. That’s who falls for scare tactics and propaganda.

Combine that with the ranges/clubs that require NRA certifications/memberships/donations in order to shoot/work at their facility, and that’s how they make up the rest. No educated individual gets an email or call from them and goes “oh my gawd that’s terrible. Yes I’d like to help. Here’s my CC info.”

People want to talk about a DC swamp, the NRA is a thick part of that humid muck.

The real issue is lobbyists. Obviously the NRA is a big one, but the entire act of being a lobbyist is built around scumbag fuckery.
    a few more f-bombs would perhaps solidify your arguments better, and gain some needed respect along the way. I know that. as one of the 'ignorant' , that always works on me.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

They fight a shit ton of gun control that nobody knows about. IDGAF if they do swampy things in DC, unfortunately that's how the game is played. And your in the game or on the sidelines. It's a neccessary evil.

Have you guys ever actually called or sent a letter to them voicing your discontent or do you just leave bad Yelp reviews on the internet?

Being a Nam Vet, THANK YOU ALL that have served and are serving now, THANK YOU so MUCH and have a great VETERANS DAY.
    I Have never or never will be NRA, VFW or any of the brain dead org's around. MHO, is they're there for the money but not for the people they say they'll help out or defend.
    After getting spit on our return to the, so called WORLD, I never heard one say welcome home , good job or got any respect from anyone other than family and that was in the message of don't wear your uniform as people won't like it.
    I'm older than most and I go out of my way to Thank any and all who have bravely given time to our country( we wouldn't be who we are if not for the service men and women.
    This is and will only be the first move of the none LOVING Americans.
    Think of this when people from other countries come here they fly their flags in the love of their country, Those on the other hand run from and actually despise those of us who proudly display our love of country.
    Have a good Veterans day and may GOD bless those who served and who have served. Hhardrock

I run PRA group Patriot Rifle Association and our membership fees are $2000.00 per year which guarantees your gun rights to the point that no one will take your gun from your living hands.
    Your PRA kit includes a box of ammo and instructions how to load it and how to click the safety to off on your gun. At this point you call our 24hr hotline with your membership account number and they will instruct you what to do when you hear them knocking on your door demanding you hand over your guns.

For all its faults, I believe we would be much worse off without the lobbying of the NRA. Do any of you really think that the NRA has not had a positive effect on local and national policy related to firearm ownership? Sure, it's easy to say lobbying is a terrible thing and the root of our problems with government. I'm still glad there are lobbyists on our side.

a few more f-bombs would perhaps solidify your arguments better, and gain some needed respect along the way. I know that. as one of the 'ignorant' , that always works on me.
    Fuckin right?
    I’m cool with NRA contributors not liking me or what I have to say. I don’t need their respect either, or anyone’s for that matter lol. I’m especially cool with people who embody the things I don’t agree with not liking me or my opinions.

29607D0F-16BA-42F4-985D-18ED5F2BB71B.jpeg

• Haha
    Reactions: Aries256
    For all its faults, I believe we would be much worse off without the lobbying of the NRA. Do any of you really think that the NRA has not had a positive effect on local and national policy related to firearm ownership? Sure, it's easy to say lobbying is a terrible thing and the root of our problems with government. I'm still glad there are lobbyists on our side.
    If the political diatribe of the day is "drain the swamp" to clean up D.C., then the next mantra to be enacted should be "empty the septic" as in -clean out the NRA automatons - and get real humans back in there to get the intent/mandate of the NRA back on track.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    snip . . .

Have you guys ever actually called or sent a letter to them voicing your discontent or do you just leave bad Yelp reviews on the internet?

Well since you asked . . . yes, I sent them an email (using their contact information on the website) voicing my concerns on their stand on bump stocks.

What did I hear back you ask?

crickets

NRA Life Member and non-bump stock owner
    ^
    Me

If Wayne LaPierre and others of his same ilk actually put in the work to help us fight for and win issues that are highly important to defensive firearm use, carry and rights preservation, I wouldn't give a flying fuck if he only wears greatcoats made from the pubic fur of the testicle-nosed marsupials that live in the polar zone of Proxima Centauri's one tidal locked planet. But no, all of the funds that so many dedicated members have given them have been used for purposes OTHER than preserving our rights...

Sunday hunting my ass... Try to enjoy 'rifle season' when you cannot even own rifles anymore.
    smiley_freak.gif

Well, you might be able to borrow one from a thug or gang member in your area as this won't have any effect on them.LOL

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Well, you might be able to borrow one from a thug or gang member in your area as this won't have any effect on them.LOL

That will most likely be the one avenue that people who needs guns will have to travel in case a major ban goes into effect. Incidentally, that is how the black markets in Mexico, Indonesia, and the Philippines are flourishing...

Yes there is a reason to continue with the litigation.
    The city got their headlines and the media coverage causing harm to the NRA. Maybe you can post a few links to the major coverage where they apologized and said they were wrong.
    They slandered the NRA and the NRA said it's okay. Please use Vaseline the next time please.
    I know this is a waste of time. There are those who are happy to 'jump on the bandwagon, and 'go off half-cocked', eager and willing to jump on the NRA, and also LE, by the way. But, please, once in a while try to make informed criticism. In this case, go to the NRA homepage and find the story dated October 4, 2019, entitled "San Francisco mayor waffles on NRA 'terrorist' designation". Read the damned story for yourselves. The mayor would not sign it, the attorneys would not support it, so the NRA dropped their lawsuit. There was no need to proceed. Sounds like a win, to me. Let the personal attacks begin...

I'm not saying the NRA/LE is perfect. What person or organization is? Are your children perfect? Your wife? No, but you love and support them anyway. Who would argue that the effect of the NRA is a net-negative? So, if they are a net-positive, it's important to support that. Support the GAO, and the rest. If there are issues you disagree with, work to change it, improve it; that's what adults do. It's painfully obvious that's not how the left operates. They're emotional and reactionary. Let's not be them.

BTW intermingling the LE community in this is bullshit.

I'm a life member and always supported them. But I don't like the infighting, and no longer trust Wayne. They need new leadership to put all the uglyness behind them and to refocus on the basics. I gave money to fight for the 2nd Amendment, not to enrich Wayne Fing Lapierre.

My thoughts on the nra is that they compromise too much.

Reactions: 12Bravo