• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRA files for bankrupcy

I would think that a majority of us have other interests or hobbies outside of the firearms/shooting world.

Frank, you come from a hot rodding and automotive background.

I also enjoy cars and the hobby of restoring or customizing them, and I'm a heavy equipment mechanic by trade.

Do I want a dude in a suit and tie and shiny loafers trying to protect my 2nd amendment rights, Hell No I want the dude to be wearing a plate carrier and boots.
Or that's wearing jeans and flannel. I want the normal everyday man who goes to work and provides for his family.

And fears god.

Doc

Reactions: TACC and candyx
@Maggot

Dude when are you gonna learn how to post an image on this site,

An image is NOT An attachment if you want to post a PDF File, Attach it, Images don't work that way

You'll have 2.7 Million posts, you'd think you know by now
I dont know what happened, didnt intend to upload. Been having some computer problems, just changed the batteries in the keyboard seems smoother now.

But Im thinking if the trip works out on Sunday I might go with him saying "You know I did this initially for self protection but this is FUN." Being he is an attorney he might not ok it but Ill try. Its a place to start.

Reactions: JHOFF
This can't be about the gun, it's about the people behind it ...

The more they attempt to dehumanize the right, the easier it is to treat them as something less than, there is no counter voice out there...

yelling back, "I know you are but what am I" has not worked, except to make those people rich, and it's gotten worse. So a waste of money if 90% goes to paying a bunch of a freaks. This is why the NRA is bankrupt, they squandered what they had in order to make themselves rockstars flying private jet and buying fancy suits. They did just enough to make more money and keep things confrontational.

They need the confrontation it makes them money, we are on the losing end of it all.

Start steering our own ship, we have all the tools , we don't need them to do it, we can.
I'm all in.

I was talking to Field & Stream today,

we need a "charm offensive" since the NRA has dropped the ball and nobody is doing anything to work the refs.

Part of the issue with everyone fighting to cash on their little corner of the gun industry is nobody is working to put a better face on it. Now before I go to far, we need a Charm Offensive, I mentioned to them in the context of the Ads the States put out that promote Hunting and Fishing. They show families enjoying a hike, doing things in the park and they say, Hunting and Fishing Licenses pay for this stuff.

We need to create an Every Family campaign... to highlight the positive side of shooting. And not just the blatant promotion of companies we do with our videos. When the videos show people enjoying themselves but end with, Now buy my product, we turn off. We need a bunch of non sales, influencer, marketing videos that instead market the benefits not the products.

We focus too much on products.

The, My Bad part of the conversation was, again me saying the perfect partnership to craft a charm campaign is the Comp guys in a lot of ways. But that ain't happening now so unless they did themselves that idea is Dead

I may still revisit this, try to craft a Human side and play with it...

We have Dudley Brown here CO, he is like the militant wing of the Gun Lobby, he pisses people off, but we need another approach, We are on the chopping block from day one next week. We need to change or at least alter the narrative

Selling a product with a cool guy video can get eyes, but we need to turn that same talent to recruit people.

The TV show "Top Shot" did a great job of doing a lot of this. IMO It brought in a lot of new shooters and interest. Showed shooters in a positive light, and routinely filled its roster with genuine people who understood sportsmanship and who wanted to win fair, and loose with grace.

No,

The militant side of this only goes so far, too easy to dismiss them as Kooks,

She is actually a bitch, when she is at SHOT, it's like they walk in front of her warning you not to make eye contact.

The angry side has not worked, the attack dogs biting everyone is not working for you and Me, it works for them, they are millionaires and get invited to all the political functions you're not. They are entertainers nothing else...

We need a grassroots campaign that is for the shooters, by the shooters, because the shooters,

Fuck we should crowd share here and build a bunch of videos, we can group write a script, build an easy story board, then have people use phones or Go Pros to shoot it and I can put it together

you are definately onto something. i deal with folks my company has fucked six ways from sunday each day. they are ready to kill by the time i arrive. to the point i fully expect to be shot someday. and how do i deal with it?

i charm them right out of their motherfucking pants. and it works.

How about showing your pets?
People love seeing cute dogs, cats, etcetera.
At home cuddling with your pets, playing with them, having them curled up on the couch or bed beside you.

20210115_205322.jpg

He eats the ice left over from my Jack Daniels so he's legit , just as mess up as me ....

It could very well be a smart move. Get the corporate out of blue state, move to red state. NRA is/was useful, we don't want to see that institution go.

Later.

Are we fucked, yes. But we have been fucked for a long time. Our short game has been great, but we never built the coalition. The idea that the liberal grass roots limp wristed donut punchers outflanked us because we were wearing 5.11 pants and punisher shirts and acting like we all operate.

We have always been an easy target.

How do we move forward, that is the real question?

How do we build our own coalition, and like Frank says get them to see the non-shooting side of our game?

I used to be ok at telling people why they should shoot. One of my co-workers is a Historically Black College graduate, has an engineering degree and an MBA on top of it. She's mid 40's black, female and is never going to vote with us. She owns an AR-15 that she won in a raffle, and I gave her some ammo and told her I'd teach her how to shoot.

She's not really interested.

She views the AR-15 as something that she needs to get rid of, and maybe she'd shake it at someone if they kicked her door in.

Live and let live, and hopefully everything will be ok.

Of course any political discussion at work and she goes into details of the "devil" Trump. She grew up in North Carolina someplace not so great where there still is some form of segregation.

Another co-worker is a retired Army 65 year old black man that has just always been a democrat, he views Trump in the same light. He owns 100'ds of guns. But doesn't shoot anymore, but still buys guns.

Race isn't everything among everyone, but these two are people that both are at least someone that could be shifted. But how?

Reactions: Familydude
I already posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here because it's very germane:

I couldn’t help but think of Sheriff Buford T. Justice when I read that. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Waco Kid
I was an nra member, and did an instructor course awhile back. GOA gets my money now, Wayne can pound sand.

Maybe the NRA should have Lowlight as president someone who has been behind a gun not behind a tie . Who would run into the shit with Wayne , no one who would follow Lowlight everybody who knows what is at stake.

Reactions: silentwoods
The other thing not to forget is to reach out to non-white folk. For too long it's been a "white supremacy" thing. However, some members of our society should be more than keenly aware to what happens when they don't have guns and we should welcome them into the fold more than in the past (my observations only). Specifically the middle class "minority" that would exemplify "middle America."

I’d be more than happy to contribute to this. I’m tired of being on the defense. I’m tired of watching absolute lies be spread about us. The people I have met through shooting and this community are the salt of the earth, and that’s the truth. Let’s do this.

Hi,

So we setup a website titled (need good domain name) "We are the real gun owners, we are your neighbors".

We host real people, in real life doing normal people things.

Sincerely,
Theis
Tucker301, bless his little soul, tried with 'Good Guys With Guns' I know we gave some to some schools but it kind of fell off.

I was talking to Field & Stream today,

we need a "charm offensive" since the NRA has dropped the ball and nobody is doing anything to work the refs.

Part of the issue with everyone fighting to cash on their little corner of the gun industry is nobody is working to put a better face on it. Now before I go to far, we need a Charm Offensive, I mentioned to them in the context of the Ads the States put out that promote Hunting and Fishing. They show families enjoying a hike, doing things in the park and they say, Hunting and Fishing Licenses pay for this stuff.

We need to create an Every Family campaign... to highlight the positive side of shooting. And not just the blatant promotion of companies we do with our videos. When the videos show people enjoying themselves but end with, Now buy my product, we turn off. We need a bunch of non sales, influencer, marketing videos that instead market the benefits not the products.

We focus too much on products.

The, My Bad part of the conversation was, again me saying the perfect partnership to craft a charm campaign is the Comp guys in a lot of ways. But that ain't happening now so unless they did themselves that idea is Dead

I may still revisit this, try to craft a Human side and play with it...

We have Dudley Brown here CO, he is like the militant wing of the Gun Lobby, he pisses people off, but we need another approach, We are on the chopping block from day one next week. We need to change or at least alter the narrative

Selling a product with a cool guy video can get eyes, but we need to turn that same talent to recruit people.
Gawd, just make sure Black Rifle Coffee isn't part of the process.
Those douchebags set us back to the stone age with their cool guy videos

I can't believe I have to say this its so fucking obvious but roughly half the people in the country did not vote for Trump. They are not all "limp-wristed commie libtards". People who voted for Trump are not all "white-supremacist fascists". There certainly are a small number of each group on the respective fringes. There are people on both sides that are whipping up animosity, why do we pay so much attention to them and let them make it almost impossible for Americans to find common ground? There are a lot of democrat gun owners, like 20%, and a large fraction who don't own now but would consider owning a gun. Not as many as republican, but this is also partly due to demographics urban vs rural. Why scream at them and call them communists?

Last edited:
How about showing your pets?
People love seeing cute dogs, cats, etcetera.
At home cuddling with your pets, playing with them, having them curled up on the couch or bed beside you.
Yes!! as above - pets you have to protector from alligator, coyote/wolves, mountain lion or bear!
PS Sorry about the typos my mom spilled juice over half my keyboard and half the keys stick.

I have another idea..I saw someone else refer something similar to this affect in under their name..(Hermosabeach? - take someone new to the range?)... but it involves sharing ammo. A campaign to invite skeptics and critics, or just plain newbies that haven't had exposure, to the range! Or maybe even to a field to blow up things with tannerite!

I'm a life member of the NRA and I too am tired of the approach the NRA has taken the last few decades. I haven't sent them a dime in many years.

I am in support of a positive image campaign showing how most gun owners in the country are regular people who live and work throughout all areas of society. I also feel the NRA does a piss poor job of highlighting the range access and educational programs they are involved with.

I live in an agricultural state and have family who raise cattle. Some of their beef checkoff dollars provide funding for commercials promoting the beef industry. Think of a commercial with Sam Elliot narrating while a family sits down to a nice meal in the comfort of their home or a while neighbors enjoy a backyard gathering with a grill and some beers. These ads have helped paint the cattle industry in a positive light. "Beef! It's what's for dinner." Those ads show how a product is used by a wide array of people and create images we can all relate to without saying F you if you don't like beef.

Take something like that and apply it to gun owners and we may have a fighting chance at showing the non gun owning portion of the country we aren't all armed white supremacist rednecks wanting to start a civil war. If the NRA would use some of their money for an ad campaign like Frank and others have described, I'd be more likely to start donating to the NRA again.

I can't believe I have to say this its so fucking obvious but roughly half the people in the country did not vote for Trump. They are not all "limp-wristed commie libtards". People who voted for Trump are not all "white-supremacist fascists". There certainly are a small number of each group on the respective fringes. There are people on both sides that are whipping up animosity, why do we pay so much attention to them and let them make it almost impossible for Americans to find common ground? There are a lot of democrat gun owners, like 20%, and many who would consider owning a gun. Not as many as republican, but this is also partly due to demographics urban vs rural. Why scream at all of them and call them communists?

I understand what you are saying but the Democrat party has made demonizing firearms and anyone who owns them a part of their party platform.

"...why do we pay so much attention to them"

This is simple; on the left -- these insane extremists are the mainstream. They are the politicians, they are the party.

On the right, any slip up is amplified because the left controls almost all forms of media.

So the left can burn entire city blocks for months on end and people will stand in front of the god damn fire and say it's mostly peaceful protests while they'll call a couple of dudes outside a bar protesting a lockdown a violent riot. They had the capital stories PRE-WRITTEN as riots. FoxNews right off the bat, RIOT.

I certainly agree, screaming at them and calling them names doesn't achieve anything. They have mental issues. I call it Media Anxiety Disorder (MAD). These people have been the victims of a gaslighting campaign that some of the nastiest dictators in history would have looked on in awe of.

So successful, in fact, that I'm not sure we'll ever know the truth of where it's coming from -- I suspect there are multiple sources involved, not necessarily conspiring, just taking advantage of.

In terms of Biden winning. I mean, c'mon. It was obviously because of the giant rallies he drew and all of that campaigning. The guy is awesome!

In all seriousness, though, I know of quite a few women who voted for Biden because they think he'll die and they want a woman to be president. No joke. A lot. I suspect that accounts for a lot more of Biden's vote than people would think.

What I'm getting at, although windedly, is that we are not the ones refusing to seek common ground. This is a well documented fact. There are studies on this, the left... man, I'm not being facetious, they have a mental illness. These people literally think the 'others' are evil and need to die. They say this kind of shit all the time, it's all over social media. They aren't banned, it's not hidden... it's overt. The media says it, political leaders say on the left say it, people on social media spout it off and don't get banned. There are so many thousands of examples...

I wish it were our side, I wish you were right and we could 'do something' to fix it -- but these people are poisoning themselves. The only way that's going to stop is if they stop running an egg-beater on the brains of their constituents. God help us, we can only pray that Trump being gone they will stop doing that.

Biden, as much as I think he's a piece of excrement -- at least has the intelligence to ignore the media. Trump just couldn't help himself, he had to spar with them... those freaks are all going to lose their jobs as their companies whither away. As they do, though, they're going to be lashing out -- looking for their orange goose. Or at least someone they can photoshop to look orange. (Did you know almost every picture the media used of Trump had been altered, including video, to make Trump look more orange. That's how fucked up these freaks are)

Wow, that was a lot of ranting.... :\

Reactions: 79steeler
I also feel the NRA does a piss poor job of highlighting the range access and educational programs they are involved with.
What range access are you talking about? Going to a range can be pretty $$, especially if you have to rent a gun and then buy "their" ammo at "their" prices to use in "their" guns. Love to see Groupon range deals be more common. If NRA subsidized more newbie experiences other than 4H, and did it regularly, I'd be supportive of that. Maybe we could inquire if local ranges would offer a discount to newbies (other than very expensive classes).

And also, regarding trying to oppose the high-cap magazine bans, I believe this is a Clint Smithism: (or at least the first place I heard it) "Wolves travel in packs (as do hogs, coyotes etc.)." He was referring to bad hombres (humans) but the high-cap ban will be a fight in itself.

What about a gun store with no tactical gear, ran by husband and wife and a kids toy room, plants instead of 5.11 posters, free coffee and cookies and juice boxes for the kids?

I think Frank is onto something. Most people that are anti-gun (at least that I've talked to) have never touched a gun. They only know what they see on the news, TV shows, movies, and what others tell them. Heck, one of my sisters is strongly anti-gun and refuses to talk to me about it. She isn't open to hearing anything different than what she already believes. She's worked in the education system as a teach and administrator for 30 years, so she's pretty brainwashed.
The NRA lost a ton of support with the way they handled the allegations of financial malfeasance. I'm a life member. If I was paying yearly, I'm not sure I would have continued my membership. Many of us have written suggesting that Wayne LaPierre wasn't the man for the job. He was not the right person to be the face & voice of the NRA. Yet here we are.
I like @THEIS idea for a website, maybe try a youtube channel (or similar platform that might be more gun friendly), some social media stuff...

What range access are you talking about? Going to a range can be pretty $$, especially if you have to rent a gun and then buy "their" ammo at "their" prices to use in "their" guns. Love to see Groupon range deals be more common. If NRA subsidized more newbie experiences other than 4H, and did it regularly, I'd be supportive of that. Maybe we could inquire if local ranges would offer a discount to newbies (other than very expensive classes).
I was referring mostly to insurance programs highlighted in posts above. Without them, many ranges would be forced to close.

I'll post this recent article with points that many can relate to.
But,
What does this do for us other than spread fear.
Civil war? Maybe it's coming, but the right tactic?

My
I think Frank is onto something. Most people that are anti-gun (at least that I've talked to) have never touched a gun. They only know what they see on the news, TV shows, movies, and what others tell them. Heck, one of my sisters is strongly anti-gun and refuses to talk to me about it. She isn't open to hearing anything different than what she already believes. She's worked in the education system as a teach and administrator for 30 years, so she's pretty brainwashed.
The NRA lost a ton of support with the way they handled the allegations of financial malfeasance. I'm a life member. If I was paying yearly, I'm not sure I would have continued my membership. Many of us have written suggesting that Wayne LaPierre wasn't the man for the job. He was not the right person to be the face & voice of the NRA. Yet here we are.
I like @THEIS idea for a website, maybe try a youtube channel (or similar platform that might be more gun friendly), some social media stuff...
My wife is a teacher and is on the other end of that spectrum. She gets pissed because she is not allowed to carry or keep a gun in her car on school property. Think about it. You travel to school or leave school and go to the grocery store,or whatever, and you can’t defend yourself if something happens just because your employer doesn’t allow firearms. It sucks.

They current strategy is to dehumanize the average gun owner, my thinking was to change this

clearly no interest, so moving on ...

Joe Biden will be lucky to be in office 6 months before they find an excuse to say he has to step down, the real issue is Ms California, unless Bigfatcock can change her mind, she is gonna strip you of your gun rights faster than her panty's dropped for old Willy Brown.
If I was stateside right now I'd be in on trying to make some video clips and all that jazz. Sounds like a fantastic idea to show the "anti" folks we are just like them, making our way through life best as we can, etc.

Exactly that is what I am talking about ...

Who are you off the range, who are you outside the internet ...

Gee you are no different than I am go figure, the media lied to you, am not evil, it's just their confrontational reporting makes them money.
Can I do a video of me baking and frosting some carrot cake cupcakes?

Reactions: Lowlight
In terms of Biden winning. I mean, c'mon. It was obviously because of the giant rallies he drew and all of that campaigning. The guy is awesome!

In all seriousness, though, I know of quite a few women who voted for Biden because they think he'll die and they want a woman to be president. No joke. A lot. I suspect that accounts for a lot more of Biden's vote than people would think.
I know what you mean! And he is so well-spoken, I mean - he's so creative he even comes up with new words all on his own! And so honest!

No seriously, intelligent women don't want to vote for a woman just to have an XX as POTUS, or RHC would have won. Seriously, I find that offensive...

BUT.. reading your post just jolted me back into reality. Or the altered one we are now living in. And it bites. MSM and big tech control ALL narratives. Even if 99% of citizens believe the 2A should be upheld, does it matter, especially when voting doesn't? Would you even have a media to show pro-gun ads, other campaigns of influence (other than bribing officials during vote time) such as positive interaction with firearms? Who cares if 90% of citizens want to keep 2A? This whole situation really sucks. If you asked me ten years ago that freedom of speech, honest elections, and meaningful representation in the government by the elected would be lost so quickly in America; I would have told you we have too many safeguards against it.

Maybe more can be done at the state level, but what can be done at the federal level with the current composition of all three branches of government being dominated by haters? Especially when the false flags start flying, potentially with real loss of human life.

If someone can give me hope, now is a good time..

Ranting is of no use...I better just STFU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gommer
What is that all about "not to make eye contact" Friend worked for a company that did some work at Bon Jovi home and they were told not to make eye contact with him. Are peasants suppose to look away ?
No.

People who are really famous eventually develop an intense need for privacy - it’s literally the only thing their fame won’t give them.

As such, they don’t want people looking at them and talking to them outside of their job duties.

It’s somewhat mentally ill. I have see it a lot at work - and i’m able to make fairly quick friends with folks who are famous with the words “I don’t give a fuck who you are. I’m busy....” and walking away to come back later.

It’s not a power play - it’s more like the one time the dog didn’t hump your fucking leg for 16 hours straight the second you got home.

I was a Benefactor member and regularly donated to both ILA and PVA. When all the BS came out I stopped donations and started supporting VCDL and GOA instead. VCDL is doing a fantastic job with VA gun issues.
This is all vindication for Ollie North in my opinion. LaPierre accused him of blackmail attempt but in truth what North had was the truth.
A thank you from NOVA brother. We need all the help we can get!

Name calling goes both ways, and the left is unhinged.

Most of the name call is a tit for tat response

I am saying the same thing in some ways, I don't think they promoted tactical vests, sure some AR ads do, but those are ads selling stuff

I am talking the message in general, there really isn't one, and the ones we have all revolve around them making money for promoting a particular product
i think he was referring to this but i could have read into it too much
Do I want a dude in a suit and tie and shiny loafers trying to protect my 2nd amendment rights, Hell No I want the dude to be wearing a plate carrier and boots.

More not understanding in the pit. This is simply a way to change their legal status to avoid their NY lawsuit. It has nothing to do with actual insolvency. Happens all the time.
This.

They're not required to declare bankruptcy to dissolve the NY non-profit corporation. All they would have to do is open a new non profit in Texas, pay off liabilities and donate all remaining assets to that new non profit (so long as this is permitted per their dissolution policy) and file articles of dissolution for the NY entity. It's not as complicated as you might think. The problem is that they're not able to settle debts without a liquidation event right now, so that's not a viable option. Hence, the chapter 11 bankruptcy.

As of 12/31/18 the NRA had $181,180,554 in liabilities on their balance sheet, including $84,837,717 in accounts payable. At that time they had less than $24m in cash, $71k in receivables and $45m in available for sale securities. It might seem healthy enough at first glance, but keep in mind that the NRA is a non profit, which means some of those assets were donated with restrictions as to how they can be used.

Membership is down, they have massive internal legal issues and they only had $16m in net assets before the shit hit the fan. A lot of their net assets were tied up in permanently and temporarily restricted endowments. They actually had negative unrestricted assets of ($36m,) which shouldn't ever happen. It basically means donors gave them money for a specific purpose and they basically did whatever the fuck they wanted with it. No idea how they got away with that. They didn't try to hide it either.

So no, the NRA isn't bankrupt in the sense that the organizations liabilities exceed its assets, but cash flow isn't where it needs to be and they're carrying a good amount of debt. The bankruptcy isn't a formality, it's real. It's also voluntary. It's just not as big of a deal as it's made out to be given the situation with NY. If the empire state wasn't out for blood, bankruptcy would be unnecessary.

No,

The militant side of this only goes so far, too easy to dismiss them as Kooks,

She is actually a bitch, when she is at SHOT, it's like they walk in front of her warning you not to make eye contact.

The angry side has not worked, the attack dogs biting everyone is not working for you and Me, it works for them, they are millionaires and get invited to all the political functions you're not. They are entertainers nothing else...

We need a grassroots campaign that is for the shooters, by the shooters, because the shooters,

Fuck we should crowd share here and build a bunch of videos, we can group write a script, build an easy story board, then have people use phones or Go Pros to shoot it and I can put it together
This is exactly what we need. I would be all for filming myself and family enjoying all types of shooting. Nothing like a video of my girls ringing steel at long distances

i do it the old fashioned way i wear my NRA hat and camo( during hunting season ) and hold open doors for old ladies at the store behave in a very courteous manner .On my block they know im "the gun guy" but im also the guy that shovels the sidewalks for them for free helps with car trouble etc .Put a nice face to the NRA name .the old "actions speak louder than words" approach

Last edited:
What about a gun store with no tactical gear, ran by husband and wife and a kids toy room, plants instead of 5.11 posters, free coffee and cookies and juice boxes for the kids?
Open with COVID restrictions? Some states sure...

I was referring mostly to insurance programs highlighted in posts above. Without them, many ranges would be forced to close.
Yes, that is a plus. I think the NRA did have value in government policy when elections mattered. Now, what can they do?

They current strategy is to dehumanize the average gun owner, my thinking was to change this

clearly no interest, so moving on ...
So if you have your vignettes (I tried to think, I swear I did), and you have your videos, where and how are they shared to have meaningful impact?

My wife is a teacher and is on the other end of that spectrum. She gets pissed because she is not allowed to carry or keep a gun in her car on school property. Think about it. You travel to school or leave school and go to the grocery store,or whatever, and you can’t defend yourself if something happens just because your employer doesn’t allow firearms. It sucks.
Teachers carry in Israel. Which is why you don't have school shootings there (and they have many more terrorists per square mile.

While I have long since started giving my money to state legal organizations like the firearm policy coalition, its amazing that the head of an organization that lost a rather large percentage of members as well as being at the helm when they went to bankruptcy still has a place within the organization.

I think Frank is onto something. Most people that are anti-gun (at least that I've talked to) have never touched a gun. They only know what they see on the news, TV shows, movies, and what others tell them.
The problem is, have we lost our opportunity to show the positive aspects of gun ownership? Where and how are they videos going to be displayed and used? Whats our forum?

Most people that are anti-gun (at least that I've talked to) have never touched a gun.
True. So let them touch that black rifle!
Heck, one of my sisters is strongly anti-gun and refuses to talk to me about it. She isn't open to hearing anything different than what she already believes. She's worked in the education system as a teach and administrator for 30 years, so she's pretty brainwashed.
Is your sister single? If so, find the hottest pro-gun guy in the area (even if married - he should take one for the team) to take her out shooting. Same with the anti-gun guys, a "shooting" date with a hottie or two can be very influential.

Reactions: Ravenworks