• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRA Show 2019

hollowoutadime

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Ramblings/Observations at the NRA show (Indy/Saturday)
It was busy/well attended, after 6 hours, my legs were done.

Chuck Norris and Hickok 45 were there, both looked very good.

As usual, CZ had a nice booth. My friends have Checkmates, I need to save up for one.

Sierra Bullets had a nice booth and was giving away full 100ct boxes of bullets (to us anyways). Their company president was there, very talkative, I'm going to get their reloading/ballistic app.

Berger and Lapua are part of the same company, no Walt Berger this year though.
While there was a "TBA Suppressors" booth, TBAC , who was on my Top 5, wasn't present. So no Zak, Ray, or pretty Amanda to pester.

Speaking of downers, EuroOptic was there, but neglected to bring a single AI rifle. They didn't have any rifles (There was a nice Tikka display across from them). On a good note Euro was offering 10% off AT's so a threaded 6.5 Creedmoor folder could be had for $4060. They had the Leica Rangefinding Binos there, nice glass as far as you can tell indoors.

Too many M4's and free hats at the show, not nearly enough hot booth girls. 3 or 4 long range shooting schools were present. Lot's of Safari companies willing to book trips.

Remington had a large booth, and a lot of disinterested booth staffers. I handled 5 or 6 of their actions (mostly out of their custom shop), some bolts were so sticky, they were hard to cycle. They said it was grime from users and they wipe them off, I wasn't buying.
They did have a super lightweight carbon fiber stock/Proof barrel, but at $7K, I'm not sure who would buy one.

Saw some nice bullet traps, I might put one of these in my barn. Nice products, good to see a small company going to the show.
https://www.thebulletbunker.com/

Quigley-Ford (Scope Company) - was steering an attendee down the wrong path. They weren't too far from Hi-Point (all you need)

Weatherby had some nice MK5's but some god-awful looking wood stocks.

Too many safe companies, if you have a home you should buy a vault door. (saw a few of those)
There were rain clouds outside, and the NRA is having some of their own, so there wasn't the energy you usually see. Next year is in Nashville, that's a great place to host a convention.

Reactions: Zeroit