• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events NRL-esque Rimfire Match - Crittenden, KY

J-Hon

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2006
Dry Ridge, Ky
I host a rimfire match that's NRL22-esque (same concept and rules, range restrictions limit us from directly following the monthly stage designs). We also augment the stages with a lot more long-range (100yd +) targets, with the longest shot being ~300yds. If you shoot (or want to shoot) NRL/PRS, this is a low-key practice match for you.

Range: Lloyds Wildlife Range, hosted by the Northern Ky Straight Shooters.

Location: Crittenden, KY - halfway between Cincinnati and Lexington.

Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members

Registration: Currently not doing pre-registration, but haven't advertised this match anywhere. Please give me a shout if you plan on attending, just for planning purposes. I expect to be moving to Pratci-Score sometime in the future.

More info: Match FAQ (Includes contact info). Note: FAQ was targeting first-time rifle match shooters, not the SnipersHide crowd. Come expecting a local monthly match based on NRL22 and you won't be surprised.

2021 Dates (This is a monthly match)

May 16
July 18
August 15
September 19
October 17
November 21

Have any questions, please give me a shout. Look forward to seeing you out!

Last edited:
Reactions: STex
I'll make my way to one using my Savage Mark II Minimalist. About a 7 hour drive for me but I'd spent about $30 in ammo vs. $250, haha.

Are these dates 2020? Because you just posted this and March, April, May are past and July 19th is a few days away.

Last edited:
Yep - those are 2020 dates. My bad - Copy/pasted them in there, definitely understand how that can be confusing.

Also can confirm the July 19th date - This is generally a monthly match (with occasional holiday exceptions, and barring COVID killing everyone).

Novice here, how do you use the weedeater string for an open chamber indicator- is it inserted in the chamber partially? Good luck with the match- sounds like a lot of fun!

Yup - just pushes into the chamber a little and keeps the bolt from closing. Bonus points it's usually neon colored so it's easy to confirm it's open and safe.

Chamber flags are great too, but weed eater string is pennies.

Last edited:
Reactions: STex
10-4. I appreciate the info. and response.

Is this still going on? Planning on making the November one, but on your website it doesn't show up on the schedule.

Mind linking the website you are looking at? Should show a match on the 15th.

And yes, these are definitely still going on. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mind linking the website you are looking at? Should show a match on the 15th.

And yes, these are definitely still going on. Let me know if you have any questions.
I can't find the calender I was looking at now, but will keep looking. Thanks for the reply

We are shooting this Sunday, October 18th.

Weather is looking good, and we will have a number of new stages to throw at people. Shooting starts at noon, please try to be here by 11:30 for safety brief.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately have to cancel the November match, tomorrow the 15th.

Will update with news of the next shoot!

We're pretty open with stage design and props. If people want to shoot a specific stage or use certain props to practice something we can probably make it work, just email J-Hon (his email is in the FAQ he linked in the first post) or show up early at a match and ask for what you want while we're setting up.

Right now we've got a PRS barricade, rooftop, chair, ladder, sawhorse, cattle gate, 55 gallon barrel, tank trap, and we're always looking to build more stuff.