• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL22 Base Class Limits

kjeff91

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I am looking to modify my 10/22 a little to gain a bit more accuracy out of it and use in a local NRL22 match. I saw a post from 2019 that had limits on what you can and can't do for base class, but nothing for 2020. If I added an aftermarket barrel and chassis (probably the Magpul or PMACA) would I be able to stay in the base class? Any restrictions on scopes, other than that the scope and rifle has to be under $1050?

The Base class is intended to be budget oriented. It is also intended to be a class to allow an introduction to this fantastic shooting discipline. It is not intended to be a place for veteran shooters to remain, however, the NRL22 will not regulate that. Any rifle system that comes in under a combined MSRP of $1050 shall be eligible to compete in Base class. This combined MSRP price is for the rifle and scope only. It excludes scope rings and bases, bipods, suppressors, data card holders, magazines, spare magazine holders, auto bolt releases, aftermarket triggers and extended magazine releases. Factory barrels may be threaded to accept a suppressor. Adjustments to the stock to get proper cheek weld, trigger jobs, and bedding of the stock are also allowed. Rails of any type utilized to mount a bipod may be added. Any rifles and scopes that are out of production at the beginning of the season cannot be utilized as the MSRP is not available to check. Also, manufacturers may change the MSRP of their products from time to time. Neither price changes nor discontinuations of products are the fault of the NRL22. However, the production status and MSRP on June 1st will be considered valid for the entire 2020 season. At sign in, the Match Director shall inspect the rifle and ensure that the combined MSRP comes in under $1050. If it goes over, the shooter shall compete in the open class. This determination and interpretation of the Base class rules are solely decided by the local Match Directors for their own clubs. Any communications regarding Base class rules to NRL22 staff will not be replied to. You will need to check with your local match director. For the National Championship however, these rules will be followed to the letter. There will be a gunsmith present at the NRL22 National Championship for Base class rifle inspections. A list of popular rifle and scopes MSRPs will be included in the monthly course of fire.