• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL22X Rifle

I use the 7C easily at 10x for hold overs and unders. Something people should try is that if they can not see the reticle well enough to turn on their illumination. It helps to be able to see the reticle better against the targets. I know we have the "I don;t need illumination" and "I don't even put my battery in" crowd here but they don't know until they try it.

And I have shot a lot of .22 matches and just like centerfire my power rarely goes below 10x. Mostly 10-12x and higher for small stuff. Not sure what matches get shot in Canada but 8x is very rarely used.
i'm in the 16x and never touch it crowd. enough FOV for finding targets inside 50y and enough magnification for 1/4" targets or for stuff out past 1k with a centerfire

Reactions: Rob01
I use the 7C easily at 10x for hold overs and unders. Something people should try is that if they can not see the reticle well enough to turn on their illumination. It helps to be able to see the reticle better against the targets. I know we have the "I don;t need illumination" and "I don't even put my battery in" crowd here but they don't know until they try it.

And I have shot a lot of .22 matches and just like centerfire my power rarely goes below 10x. Mostly 10-12x and higher for small stuff. Not sure what matches get shot in Canada but 8x is very rarely used.
I agree that the the Ebr-7 is usable at 10x. I personally find it slower to use at 10x and prefer it at 12x. I typically run 10-15x I adjust based on a stage.
I agree good illumination has its place for sure. Expecially on the dark background targets.
Our matches are simular to your NRL22x. targets are typically 100- 350 yards. One of the match director has a thick brush valley and loves doing a couple of stages with multiple 50-75 yard large arc of fire hard to find targets. That is the closest we will see. Average target distance is 150-180 yards max 380-400.

With those target distances 8x would be rarely if ever used. Those are definitely 12x and up.

Reactions: Beachrider99
With those target distances 8x would be rarely if ever used. Those are definitely 12x and up.
I agree for the average. On a 100+ yard stage I typically run 15x if its a lot of transitions fast stage I run 10-12x beacuse its a fast stage I want a ret that is quickly usable at 10x. If its a prone long stage or a KYL I might get up to 18-20x. Those close 50-100 I personally like 8x. But I value field of view a lot as I can watch wind easier and makes transitions smoother. Can I do it at 15x? Absolutely. I am good enough I can transition and have the target in my optic. Its simply a personal thing of what I prefer. I see a lot of guys hunting for targets and you look at their optic and its up at 16x+ yes they are less experienced but I'd rather be a tad to low then high.
If the next guy is running 20x and he has the experience to grab the target in his optic who am I to say its wrong? One of "those" guys beat me this season.... it must work.

Reactions: Beachrider99