• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Nutnfancy videos - I am so confused

Heronion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Houghton, Michigan
Okay, I didn't know where to post this but just had to semi-rant. I was watching some nutnfancy YouTube vids. It's like watching a train-wreck; awful but I can't stop. So, he's trying to compare the FN Scar, M1A, and Kel-tec RFB (mainly as an RFB review). They have this "shooting course." It's about 200 yards, slightly uphill. Rifle work is a group at 35, 10" plate at 100, 10" plate at 200.

I am so confused by this video I feel stupid. He has a Nightforce on the SCAR, and a $100 Redfield on the RFB, and I think also on the M1A. They didn't torque the RFB mount down, so halfway through the mount starts actually rattling on the rail. Also, with each station, I think the best accuracy was 8/10 on the 100 yard plate and 5/10 on the 200 or something. Several runs made less than 3 hits at 200 yards. A 10" plate! The video is full of "it's harder than it looks" and "it's so hard when you have to run." Okay.

I am just so confused as to why this guy has such a huge following. I have sprinted a half mile with my rifle and made hits at 200 yards on similarly sized targets, with iron sights. Just for fun with my friends I shoot with. I'm not a spectacular shot. I'm not in terrific shape. I have no combat experience. But come on. They're using a barricade as a rest.

So, my real question is...is it just me that thinks/sees things this way? I have watched a lot of videos and I just can't see why this guy is so popular. I watch his rifle videos and just never see people hitting a damn thing, at very short ranges.

What is the deal!?

[end rant]

Re: Nutnfancy videos - I am so confused

The most important thing you need to remember is 99% of the shooting industry that's interested in Youtube is completely oblivious and even somewhat retarded.

The people on Youtube aren't operators of any variety, they're mostly kids who play video games or former kids whose gun knowledge all stems from video games.

Anyone who seems like they know what they're talking about is a subject matter expert in the world of the internets.

That being said, Nutnfancy is actually one of the more tolerable gun oriented guys on Youtube. They are MANY retarded videos that should never have the following they have....

I watched his video on the SPR prior to building my AR recently, and I generally followed his thought process with regards to the rifle (reasonable weight, multi-purpose, mid-power optic).

I was rather amused during his SPR video when he said he thinks 5.56 is a 300yd cartridge, and beyond that he wants "7.62". I also chortled when he was talking about optics, saying he chose a Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 for his rifle because of weight but that "4 and a half power is too much, what if I have to CQB?"

Also, the damn guy repeats himself three dozen times per FORTY MINUTE video too...

Some of his videos are good, but I hear what you are saying.
Personally I like Hickok45

I agree with some points he makes in some videos but some of the stuff he says/does is just retarded. I no longer watch his 45 minute ramblings.

I saw some of his pistolwork on a video that looked dangerous, muzzle sweeping friendlies and whatnot. I dismissed him as a wannabee after those.

MY GOD, MAN!? IS THERE NO "PHILOSOPHY OF USE" FOR THIS THREAD!!??

He's become a lush on his own Kool-Aid, and he seems to be taking overacting lessons from the Shatner School.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of his videos are good, but I hear what you are saying.
Personally I like Hickok45 </div></div>

This. All he does is shoot, what little talking there is usually teaches me something.

Besides nutnfancy's SERIOUSLY VERBOSE nature, I generally find him to be a "decent" gun-tuber. Hickok45 is a lot less assuming, and much better, not to mention, Hickok sure can drive a pistol.

I certainly don't agree with NF all the time, but he isn't straight up ignorant.

I agree on the "trainwreck" comment, can't help but watch.

He seems to have a thing for Kel-Tecs, always talking them up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides nutnfancy's SERIOUSLY VERBOSE nature, I generally find him to be a "decent" gun-tuber. Hickok45 is a lot less assuming, and much better, not to mention, Hickok sure can drive a pistol.

I certainly don't agree with NF all the time, but he isn't straight up ignorant.

I agree on the "trainwreck" comment, can't help but watch.

He seems to have a thing for Kel-Tecs, always talking them up. </div></div>

The best are the PMR videos. His philosophy on those is basically, "Yeah, it may jam every third shot, and I can't hit anything with it, but I sure do love it."

Like a lot of things, just take it for what its worth. TNP is part entertainment and part a guy trying to make money. He does some things well and definitely has some good points. But, he does cater to the wannabe youtube crowd. I just sat through all 4 of his Combat Egress System videos (I had some spare time on a long flight) and found it to be entertaining, but not the word of god.

But dear god I have never seen anyone violate the 4 safety rules more and on camera no less!

Shouldnt be surprised at not being able to hit the targets most people cant hit a paper plate pass 100yds. Even pro shooters alot of times cant do much pass 100yds because most shooting matches are very short range (less than 100yds). A great example would be watching 3GN great shooters but the second the shots are 300-400yds they just fall apart most of the time.

speaking of youtube gun gurus, has anyone seen the russian kid? I believe he's an actor, but he seems to have access to some serious firepower...lucky bastard!

Nutnfancy is a tool! He is so punch drunk off his own legend. He just makes stupid videos now, backpacking out to the desert, setting up some half assed shooting course, then shooting at nothing while his buddies video tape him.

If he is all about the "nutnfancy project" when does said project end?

There are loads of youtube reviewers that don't have nearly as many good things to say as nutnfancy. But at the end of the day it is youtube, I think what he has to say he could say in 5-10 minutes. Rambles on and 45 minutes is bit much