• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV Inc Experience

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I wanted to start a separate thread from the one already listed since this is specifically about NVI and not USPS. I originally bought my ANVIS 9 on their last black friday deal. It was an easy and smooth experience. I paid the money, and a month later it was shipped.

They were responsive to emails and Instagram messages. He even took the time to explain different tube specs pros and cons. My ANVIS 9 showed up looking well packaged, brand new battery pack and the adapter for the helmet mount. Everything looked professional and new.

Fast forward to now. About a month ago, I noticed a small spec that was significantly brighter than the others in a pitch black basement. It was in the left tube. I shot an email over to NVI explaining what it was and that it was ONLY seen in a dark room not outdoors or under IR light. He said I can send it in for warranty if I wanted to.

I shipped it on September 17th. They specifically told me to ship it via USPS since they deliver during their shop hours. Thankfully I insured the package for the amount I paid for it. USPS said nobody was available to receive the shipment. I emailed them and a few days later they picked it up from USPS.

When I asked about the lead time for warranty, they said it takes one to three weeks once they get it shipped out to L3. Inside my case, I attached a printed copy of our email conversation with instructions to swap to an RNVG housing and send my ANVIS housing back for a future build. A little over a month goes by and two emails not responded to, I reached out again. Paul said Glynn was out on surgeries for the past month...allegedly

The next day Paul sent an email saying Glynn built my nods and asked for payment. I made the payment on Saturday and they arrived on Monday. Super fast shipping. The box contained my RNVGs and the Wilcox mount I bought. No ANVIS housing. I go downstairs in the same conditions to check for the emission point. Sure as shit, left tube, it’s still there. Still can’t see it outdoors or under IR light.

Now read my email exchange below:

9E47953F-9CA6-4915-BDD4-BEA70DF8B02F.jpeg

57A75A77-D3B0-476F-A523-5400261A8255.png

4DC8F747-AA30-4B42-A737-3978ADC68864.png

Glad you reached out to them. Saw your post in the other thread, definitely don't eat the value of a housing. Considering the tube should be warrantied through L3 (and not a cost to them) there's really no reason for them to not take you seriously. Hopefully they'll see your message and make things right.

My guess is the disappointing service experiences popping up (with this company and others) have a lot to do with crazy high demand and people being stretched too thin. That being said it's not an excuse when peoples hard earned money is on the line.

Best of luck

So did they respond?

I would have sent a simple, 'hey, wheres my housing at?' email before assuming they robbed me and bitched at them about it.

If it wasn't discussed this way previously, I'd have zero thought as to they kept it on purpose; especially since you mentioned that you wanted the housing back beforehand.

Figures all this comes out after I order my first nods from them. I'll say that my order went smooth and I got what I paid for.

But sucks to see this, hope they make it right. Not sure I would have bought from them if I had seen this lack of CS before.

Figures all this comes out after I order my first nods from them. I'll say that my order went smooth and I got what I paid for.

But sucks to see this, hope they make it right. Not sure I would have bought from them if I had seen this lack of CS before.

I'm not even sure its anyone's fault yet past just not sending the ANVIS housing.

That's why I'm asking if them keeping it is in fact the confirmed case, or if one guy built the RNVG, didn't know about the ANVIS, sent it back and now we're instantly at them keeping the ANVIS as payment.

I've had stuff like this happen where their first reply back was something like 'oh shit, sorry, sending that back to you today'.

They have done well by me.

Here is their response. I get that mistakes happen. I’m not perfect and I don’t expect others to be. This just didn’t align with my first experience and frustrated me. I don’t know how they couldn’t see the emission point. It wasn’t there before and now it’s there every time in the same spot. If it moved around, I’d be less worried that it was actually an issue. It pulsates in intensity. I guess I will just leave it alone for now and monitor it.

I plan on responding back with a respectful and apologize for the ass chewing email. I commend them for not just telling me to pound sand. Whatever it’s worth, this appears to be Glynn responding and not Paul. Glynn was the one that took the time to initially help me with choosing my initial order.

D0B2CD83-972D-4735-B46D-E9A387BB2620.png

7D4E90DE-8B47-441A-B27F-E89794ECB330.png

Here is his response after mine for which I apologized and offered some respectful constructive feedback in regards to communication with customers.

30C83B77-9A76-437B-8FA8-120D6DA6E9FC.png

I've got no real skin it other than I've delt with glynn a number of times. He has always come through for me. He is a one man shop for the most part and times can vary. The medical issue is the same I was told weeks ago on a couple orders as well when we talked on the phone before he went in. I'm sure hell make it right with ya. I've had good experiences in the past, times frames can run longer than some but the product has always been solid.

Reach out to the vendors and give em a little to respond to ya. Bashing them does not help right away and hurts them publicly over somthing that may have been a mistake or mix up. We are all pretty busy and alot of times one person doing it all. Most vendors will try to make it right.

Hope it turns out good for the OP

Last edited:
Absolutely true.

Measure of character isn't whether you're infallible (not possible).... it's how you respond when you f it away.

This thread actually turned out as a net positive (IMO) in Glynn's favor. The guy is continuing to make things happen even while dealing w/ health issues, and (as just mentioned) takes responsibility for his company's errors.

I agree. This post is a positive for Mr. Sziraki. He's come across as a consummate professional and a person I would do business with. I especially thought that his response to the angry email was measured and polite, considering.
Quite a contrast to some others in some other threads.